IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the JMV video and I don't think much of the mother's mannerisms. I think the aunt is more out spoken and the mother is not. People really do handle situations differently. Whenever I am out of breath from exerting myself my kids always ask me why I am smiling/happy. HAHA! I am actually about to die and they think I am happy. Not! :hot: Also my husband laughs hysterically at church during prayer (I never knew this until we recently went to my son's preschool graduation program). My husband was in tears he was laughing so hard. I still don't know what that was all about. lol. :floorlaugh: <-- I think it makes him nervous.

If they were really bike riding from 11 :30 a.m. to around 2 :30 p.m. in that heat, they would have become seriously thirsty...wonder if they had any $$ on them to buy soda or juice ? Where would have been the closest store to buy something to drink ?

It would depend on the route they took to get to Meyer's lake. There's nothing really close to Meyer's Lake-- there is a Caseys on Riverforest Road (which does not seem to be the location that Lyric's mother referenced) and there is also a non-gasoline, convenience store about one block south of this Casey's location.

If the girls took Evans Road, there are two convienence stores within blocks of Elizabeth's home (another Caseys and a non-gasoline convenience store). There is also a Fareway (grocery) store on Evans, one block south from Casey's (which always has customers coming and going... how could they not be seen if they took Evans??).

If the girls took the nature trail from the 'business district' area, I don't remember anything being really close for refreshment, once you leave the business district.

WHY DOES THIS JUST SEEM SO ODD TO ME???? Just lounging out?:what:

Yes, unless you have been on your feet all day, in the heat, with no sleep and some kind hearted person brought down some chairs and a cooler of water knowing you needed to put your feet up and get hydrated while you wait to see if your worst nightmare is about to come true.

If that's what happened my &#9829; goes out to them.

It would depend on the route they took to get to Meyer's lake. There's nothing really close to Meyer's Lake-- there is a Caseys on Riverforest Road (which does not seem to be the location that Lyric's mother referenced) and there is also a non-gasoline, convenience store about one block south of this Casey's location.

If the girls took Evans Road, there are two convienence stores within blocks of Elizabeth's home (another Caseys and a non-gasoline convenience store). There is also a Fareway (grocery) store on Evans, one block south from Casey's (which always has customers coming and going... how could they not be seen if they took Evans??).

If the girls took the nature trail from the 'business district' area, I don't remember anything being really close for refreshment, once you leave the business district.

Good question. Did they even go there by bicycling. If aunt says that she asked lot of people about the girls at around 2:45pm, then there could be some people around 12:15-2:45pm around who should have seen the girls.

Also, did the previous FB rumor about a person seeing the bikes at 12:27pm confirmed?

The distance from home to lake is 1 to 1.5 miles. How fast can the girls pedal to reach there (without stopping?) What is the bike trail distance from the last seen place to lake? The bike trail does look quite shady/hidden.

After some thought Im of the belief that if I was in the place of the moms or grandmothers , I'd need to be sedated. I'm afraid I'd shake so much from fear of the unknown that I couldn't muster a sentence.

I also believe that drowning is a very likely scenario, sadly. But I would think it would have happened close to where they left the bikes. And I am sure the searchers spent lots of time combing and dragging all around that area. Does this lake have a strong current?

The flip-flops are a nagging question as well. Why havent they been found if the girls went in the lake? They would not stay on and would float to the top. I guess they might have been worn into the lake and gotten stuck in the muddy bottom perhaps?

Yes, unless you have been on your feet all day, in the heat, with no sleep and some kind hearted person brought down some chairs and a cooler of water knowing you needed to put your feet up and get hydrated while you wait to see if your worst nightmare is about to come true.

I feel sorry for grandma, she's got to be feeling some guilty even though it was not her fault!

If they were really bike riding from 11 :30 a.m. to around 2 :30 p.m. in that heat, they would have become seriously thirsty...wonder if they had any $$ on them to buy soda or juice ? Where would have been the closest store to buy something to drink ?

Theres a Dairy Queen down the block by Big and Tall Mens store. The Ice cream parlor is right by the path to the lake on Lafayette.

When I look at this picture, I can imagine the girls playing on the shore and running into a sex offender. But then what? How does he or they get the girls away from there without being noticed?

I agree. I am shocked this lake is not used more for swimming, that picture makes it look quiet nice.

Theres a Dairy Queen down the block by Big and Tall Mens store. The Ice cream parlor is right by the path to the lake on Lafayette.

I wonder if they went to any of these places for a soda and were stalked by someone from there?

The only difference I saw in the interviews in the news-sites of both the parents of the missing girls :

The parents of Elizabeth Collins just want whoever took them to just leave the girls and they wouldn't ask a question

whereas in the JVM video,

the father talks about that he is prepared for anything of the consequences by trusting the lord.

I feel sorry for grandma, she's got to be feeling some guilty even though it was not her fault!

The grandma in the picture is not the grandma that was watching the girls. Evidently the grandma in the picture is Lyric's paternal grandma. I know what you mean though.

Good question. Did they even go there by bicycling. If aunt says that she asked lot of people about the girls at around 2:45pm, then there could be some people around 12:15-2:45pm around who should have seen the girls.

Also, did the previous FB rumor about a person seeing the bikes at 12:27pm confirmed?

The distance from home to lake is 1 to 1.5 miles. How fast can the girls pedal to reach there (without stopping?) What is the bike trail distance from the last seen place to lake? The bike trail does look quite shady/hidden.

The 12:27 sighting of the bikes has not been confirmed.

Bike route on google maps says it would take 7-8 minutes.

I copied your little 'Just my opinion' smiley. I hope that's ok. :)

WHY DOES THIS JUST SEEM SO ODD TO ME???? Just lounging out?:what:

The women on the left has swollen feet. But the picture does look odd to me. Me and my sister sat very close to each other when we lost our dog.

I wonder if they went to any of these places for a soda and were stalked by someone from there?

I thought so too...but, the strangest part of this is that supposedly the girls were seen,on their bikes at 2 :30pm...maybe only a half hour before LE arrived, and were all over the area..think about it...they were supposedly at the lake for hours.And then, they just vanished... this man, the man who the family members said they spoke to, he would be the last person to see them alive...if any of this part of the narrative is true... MOO

The Waterloo Courier is reporting the name of the man who had to swerve around the girl's bikes--

As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.

Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...d32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz20r7uwdxG

According to this witness, the bikes were on the path. However, I thought I read something that the bikes were found neatly placed in what I assumed was the grass on the sides of the bike path... if that's the case, were the bikes moved between the time the witness swerved to miss them and the time that the police found them? If so... wonder if there was another other evidence that was inadvertently moved???

Just saw AC360 interview with two moms. Always bothers me when a parent talks about their missing child in past tense. Misty says that God HAD plans for their children and that the children WERE going to do great things. Hoping this is just a worried mommy.

Bikes were on the trail & Gamerdinger had to swerve. I thought the bikes were laid down kind of neatly per Lyric's parents on JVM tonight? I'm confused. If that is so, how did the purse hop the fence from there? Sorry, out of town & checking in. tia

The interview on Anderson Cooper reminds me of a mother doing the interview AFTER the kids were found safe.

Lyric's Mom Misty said the girls aren't familiar with the area, maybe Elizabeth had been there once with friends.

Aunt Tammy says she told the girls and her 11 year old daughter that if they were ever grabbed, to drop to the ground...
She says she told them that once they are in the car the chances of survival are less.
She believes a weapon was used that really really scared them in order to get them to go.

When asked to tell Anderson about the girls... Misty DID appear to get emotional for a second.
They described traits the girls had, sweet, outgoing, beautiful, God centered family... etc.
Anderson shook his head and said "So strong..." as he went to the next story. Didn't seem to doubt them.

I have seen families handle these situations amazingly well due to their religious faith. The Smart's and Newbold's come to mind...
I am struggling to come up with one that did as well as Misty... but she appears confident, which may help too.

I don't think these girls went swimming... however, the lake HAS been used by kids to swim in.
It may not be common but it HAS happened even AFTER these girls disappeared.

Link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8151013&highlight=lake#post8151013

A bike being stolen AFTER someone goes missing is not unheard of. It happened with Camille Cleverly in Utah.

Rode her bike, parked it, went hiking and then fell.
People came upon her bike and took it... delaying searchers knowing where Camille went. (They came forward a few days later.)

Had her bike been found immediately she also would have been.
She did not die instantly and it was pretty horrible to think that she may have lived if found sooner.

I can see someone connected or not to the case... taking these girls bikes... and unintentionally or intentionally throwing the trail off. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak