Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

From that article

"KCRG-TV reported that the girls' families were brought out to the lake. Canines sniffed them in hopes of leading investigators to some clues.

“So, we did a walk by them, so they could eliminate us, while they were going to try to pick up the scent from the girls, of both Lyric and Elizabeth. They were given articles of clothing of both children, one for each dog," Lyric’s mother Misty Morrissey told KCRG."

So glad to see they've done this.

ETA: Some people are just freakish about their lawn. Our neighbour will water his from early evening to late morning (and it still looks terrible).

Respectfully shortened
Her frequent lip licking and dry mouth is a clue. If she has been on antidepressants for weeks or longer, her affect would be labeled “emotional affect of antidepressant therapy.” (Affect with an “a”) This sense of numbing begins to occur in antidepressant users as their depression remits. It’s a side effect that causes many depressed patients to be noncompliant with their meds. Antidepressants can also cause euphoria.

Boring example: I cared for a patient whose brother died during emergency heart surgery. He told me he spent the day making his brother’s funeral arrangements and his family told him he was not acting appropriately. He knew his affect was not appropriately sad and it greatly worried him. At that time it was not safe for him to taper off his meds and immediately discontinuing them would be dangerous.
http://www.medicographia.com/2010/0...vity-following-remission-of-major-depression/
stress response also causes dry mouth

I know this has been talked about many times but I know the FBI or others that came up with the microchip for pets can come up with something for our children, something in their body that would ping off a tower or a GPS, I know this would not keep them from being abducted but at least they could be found quickly. I swear if I knew someone that could do this I would do it for my granddaughters, you can tell them about stranger danger but it is not enough, this would have to be inexpensive so all could have this device and you know insurance would not cover it, I bet John Walsh could get this done. I am so serious about this, my heart just breaks when children are hurt and their family, I would never make it through this horror. Is it a possibility? One child not brought home is one child too many.

Here is a picture from Bing of the path/road that cuts through from S. Evans to the bike trail.

maiden-lane.jpg

quoting myself to bring this picture down. The Robert Carpendar who stated he saw the girls lives on Lake Avenue, which you can see in the upper right of this photo, it comes out on S Evans Rd. So, his sighting is meaningful. I just wish he could tighten the timeframe.

I havent read the entire thread, just finished reading the last thread and only to page 4 of this one. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me if they have heard about the grandmother being married or does she have a boyfriend?

I havent gotten all the info for the case players but had not seem a mention of if Grandma is married or single etc...

Thanks for the update. I am assuming these are just regular search dogs and not cadaver dogs, so it's good they may have picked up on something.

"They (the dogs) both picked up scents, followed it for quite a ways and from our understanding authorities were very pleased with the outcome. They needed to go back and debrief and discuss what the movement of the dogs meant," Morrissey said.

It's great that the family even has this glimmer of hope.

If those two little girls aren't in the lake, then this is one heck of a mystery.

Regarding the sightings mentioned in the media, I don't know what to make of them. I wonder how certain these people are that they saw these particular girls. If I saw two girls riding bikes in my neighborhood I doubt I'd pay much attention to them unless they stopped, said hi or otherwise did something to make me notice them. Kids riding bikes is just such a common occurrence.

Has the island in the lake been searched? TIA

The island has been very thoroughly searched.

Living in the area I have to wonder about construction workers. the are of I-380, just a short distance from where the bikes were found has benn under heavy construction for many, many weeks...have all the construction workers been checked out thoroughly??? I heard many were staying/living in Evansdale.

LE said they have spoken with construction workers but I don't know that they meant every one of the

It is sad. Imo, LE already knows this is not going to end well. Two little girls just dont go missing without a trace.

But they have no evidence...........no crime scene as of yet..no sighting.

There will come a time if they are not located LE will state they think they have met with foul play, imo.

I remember when the Greone children were kidnapped they were taken from Idaho to Montana. So these girls could be anywhere by now.

IMO

I think the only reason for draining the lake is they have no idea where else to go with this. I presume it will take draining the lake and another day or two before they tell us that they think the girls were abducted.

Can someone local please look at my map (in my siggy) and tell me about the addition that I added in orange of an extension of Arbutus Avenue and Maiden Lane? These do not show up on Google Maps, but are shown and labeled on Bing Maps. (the link to the Bing Map is in the comment on the Google map).

It was my understanding that there were no roads through this wooded section, but according to Bing there are.

This is concerning to me!

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a special trip down there last evening since I couldn't recall for sure. When we ride the trail, we always stay straight on arbutus going back toward our house but I had thought there was a entrance there. There is not. The pump house driveway is the only spot and it only goes as far back as the pump house. There is no lane. You could cut through on foot but there's no worn trail or anything for bikes to come out there. The bike trail lets off about a block down if you want to come off arbutus and head toward the skate park.

I have contacted Sarx to come help us a bit with the info about the scent dogs.

I really believe that the scent dogs probably indicated that they girls were still living when they left the lake area. Could that be what please LE? I don't know. I need more info about what these dogs can tell us....

If their bikes were found near the gate to the lake as I believe I read somewhere- sorry if I am wrong- and the dogs have their scent there... I am guessing one fell into the water and got into difficulity and the other tried to help :( IMO

Otherwise would an abductor throw the bikes into the lake to leave no trace???

I know this has been talked about many times but I know the FBI or others that came up with the microchip for pets can come up with something for our children, something in their body that would ping off a tower or a GPS, I know this would not keep them from being abducted but at least they could be found quickly. I swear if I knew someone that could do this I would do it for my granddaughters, you can tell them about stranger danger but it is not enough, this would have to be inexpensive so all could have this device and you know insurance would not cover it, I bet John Walsh could get this done. I am so serious about this, my heart just breaks when children are hurt and their family, I would never make it through this horror. Is it a possibility? One child not brought home is one child too many.

There is a GPS wrist unit similar to wristwatch that a child (or adult for that matter) can wear, but obviously it isn't a permanent as an implanted chip:

http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=561042

I agree that implanting a microchip would certainly make locating missing children easier, but I would imagine there are all kinds of legal issues that would make this impractical.

It sure is an intriguing idea, though.

Thanks for the update. I am assuming these are just regular search dogs and not cadaver dogs, so it's good they may have picked up on something.

"They (the dogs) both picked up scents, followed it for quite a ways and from our understanding authorities were very pleased with the outcome. They needed to go back and debrief and discuss what the movement of the dogs meant," Morrissey said.

It's great that the family even has this glimmer of hope.

If those two little girls aren't in the lake, then this is one heck of a mystery.

Regarding the sightings mentioned in the media, I don't know what to make of them. I wonder how certain these people are that they saw these particular girls. If I saw two girls riding bikes in my neighborhood I doubt I'd pay much attention to them unless they stopped, said hi or otherwise did something to make me notice them. Kids riding bikes is just such a common occurrence.

i live in a small town and would be more apt to notice a child I DIDN'T know. We are constantly looking out the windows and ANYONE who drives by. I'd be able to tell you which vehicles I've seen all day and which children went walking/riding by whether I knew them or not, detail wise...I'd be able to tell you more about a "strange" kid in the area! I'm a nosey neighbor though :floorlaugh:

From Twitter about the dogs and what the parents said:

Missing girl's parents tell TV9 canines found Elizabeth and Lyric's scent near the lake & followed it for a while. #evansdalesearch

I am a 30 year old woman and I would not hesitate to get one myself. I would rather that than the possibility (God forbid) of my wonderful parents never knowing what became of me.

If their bikes were found near the gate to the lake as I believe I read somewhere- sorry if I am wrong- and the dogs have their scent there... I am guessing one fell into the water and got into difficulity and the other tried to help :( IMO

Otherwise would an abductor throw the bikes into the lake to leave no trace???

I totally believe this is where the purse was where it was.

Throwing bikes in would of taken some work, and possibly a sighting.

I feel that there was an attempt at throwing the purse into the lake, didn't take, and bikes were left there in panic.

Again, that's my GUT talking on my behalf.

Seems if you know enough to limit your humor in front of others outside of your circle then you know it is not acceptable to many. Your consideration is appreciated as it could be offensive to some.

My point is behavior while dealing with stressful situations. This family is under incredible stress right now, their behavior seems "off" to some but mentally you cannot maintian what they are feeling without a sort of 'break'. It is more about being able to function in highly stressful, horrific situations. It may not always look "acceptable".

I'm curious about people that might work around the lake. Who picks up garbage and do they do so from a gator?

I have contacted Sarx to come help us a bit with the info about the scent dogs.

I really believe that the scent dogs probably indicated that they girls were still living when they left the lake area. Could that be what please LE? I don't know. I need more info about what these dogs can tell us....

That will depend on what kind of scent dogs they are using, do we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach