IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except this is a victim friendly forum and NOTHING has been said that could link any of the family members, so they are still victims. Once someone has been named a suspect or person of interest, then it changes, but not before.

I feel like people are missing Chris's point. He isn't saying it is the close immediate family at all. He is saying that statistically it is wildly, wildly, wildly more likely that someone who knew the girls did something to them than a true stranger abduction. This does not mean just Moms and Dads. It means extended family (which can be hundreds of people) friends of family teachers maintenance men neighbors etc. I have never seen Websleuths say that we are unable to analyze any angle into a case except for pure stranger abduction-even asking if they have checked out neighbors equals no longer making it a stranger abduction and moves into the "someone known to the girls" category.

Here's my map again, for those who would like to reference it. I have updated it as I can, but if there is something that you would like me ot add that you don't see, please feel free to message me.

Is it possible to have a dotted line of trail from the old school (N), crossing Gibert, thru to where it enters by the lake trail? (S) TIA

Reading that Elizabeth often stopped to talk with people along her route definitely doesn't sit well with me, and it reminds me of 7 year old Somer Thompson. She was chatty as well and would stop to pet a dog sometimes on her way home from school. One time the dog wasn't outside and the guy staying at the house invited her in to see the dog.....

I wonder if somebody along Elizabeth and Lyric's bike route saw them go by and decided to follow, maybe he had even talked to them outside his house that day. We know that one man has come forward, RC, and say he saw them bike by, but didn't think twice about it because it was a common occurrence (I'm NOT accusing RC btw). So maybe he wasn't the only one. I hate to say this, but Somer's body was found because the local sheriff's office made the choice to keep an eye on garbage being taken to the landfill. It's something LE in Iowa should probably think of doing if they haven't already.

I'm more interested to know why they would be on that street at all? So does this mean that they went down Lake Ave to Arbutus and then east over to the trail? So they never went on the trail? And of course why are they (or at least Elizabeth) on that street all the time? :waitasec:

MOO

This is Iowa, and in my opinion, that's pretty common behavior for a child growing up here. I wouldn't think anything of a young child walking up to me to start a conversation. I don't know how the other locals feel, but I think that's just a part of the local area.

i was talking about this earlier. I'm from a small IL town and I have been to Iowa many times....I feel we share the same mentality of small town folks in the midwest! We are a lot more friendly than people assume ;-) My daughter is 5 and along w/ teaching them manners, you teach respect...and respect IS talking to strangers, may sound dumb or naive, but it's a part of hospitality!

My daughter talks to strangers all the time. I have taught her to NOT state our address (which is something she just learned, so of course she wants to show it off), but standing in line at a store she talks to the people behind us, we had a yardsale and she told everyone everything about herself, almost every person a kid meets is a stranger...it's just a part of their curious, young nature to find out things they want to know about, including people IMO

I must add, I was taught stranger danger, but it never kept me away from people in general.

Has there been a request for the public to check their own video/camera/phone footage from that day, or any of the local businesses?

That is fairly common in these types of cases, and, maybe I missed the request?

I have not heard of any camera/video/phone footage from the public...the authorities so far have asked if anyone saw the girls or anything suspicious that day and that is about it. I did hear that they are looking at survailence/camera footage from some bank ATMs and such.l

I'm more interested to know why they would be on that street at all? So does this mean that they went down Lake Ave to Arbutus and then east over to the trail? So they never went on the trail? And of course why are they (or at least Elizabeth) on that street all the time? :waitasec:

MOO

Evansdale is a very small town. it is very common to see kids riding their bikes all over town.

Evansdale is a very small town. it is very common to see kids riding their bikes all over town.

I live in a city of almost half a million and see little kids on their bikes all the time. My neighborhood is very residential and has a little school down the street. But I often see young girls in groups of two or threes riding without an adult or on skates, etc...

bilde

Mary Chind/The Register

The search continues Sunday for two girls, 8 and 10 missing in Evansdale. Lynette Lee crouches through brush during a search. Mary Chind/The Register

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ap...te=20120715&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=715006&Ref=PH

Does anyone remember hearing whether or not they used sonar on the lake?

Yes but the point is that the families stated right at the beginning that they would never wander that far on their bikes.

Well apparently they did...and often. :waitasec:

I suppose the families were not aware of where they were actually going on their bike rides? And who they may have been chatting with?

MOO

I had hoped this interview would clear some things up for me, but I'm more confused. It's not just the timeline, either. Only yesterday it was reported that the flip-flops Lyric was wearing were of a Sesame Street character and Elizabeth was wearing white shirt, shorts and black tennis shoes or high tops. In today's news conference, the LE spokesman states that they still have no idea what they girls were wearing, but just now on JVM, Lyric's mother describes the flip-flops Lyric was wearing as purple with diamond shapes. And what happened to Grandma? I thought Jane said earlier today that she was going to be interviewing her? I'm getting a headache....

Haven't read everything to know if this was already posted, but if both descriptions are right, I think these must be the flip-flops....they are both Sesame Street AND purple with diamond shapes.

A good example of how witnesses can see the same thing and pick out different details to describe the same item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sesame-Stre...80876&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&#ht_2854wt_956

That scares me that the dogs tracked them to the dock. I wonder if the oldest hit her head backflipping off the dock and the youngest tried to help her. (Her mom said she had recently mastered that skill.) One could have dived into shallow water and broke a cervical vertebrae. What is the depth off the end of that dock?
http://www.winneshiekwild.com/images/pdfs/lm_depth.pdf

If there was a scent trail on a dock, then maybe they did go into the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!