IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That scares me that the dogs tracked them to the dock. I wonder if the oldest hit her head backflipping off the dock and the youngest tried to help her. One could have dived into shallow water and broke a cervical vertebrae. What is the depth off the end of that dock?

I think if they had a water accident the flip flops would have been found floating on the water by now:moo:

I feel like people are missing Chris's point. He isn't saying it is the close immediate family at all. He is saying that statistically it is wildly, wildly, wildly more likely that someone who knew the girls did something to them than a true stranger abduction. This does not mean just Moms and Dads. It means extended family (which can be hundreds of people) friends of family teachers maintenance men neighbors etc. I have never seen Websleuths say that we are unable to analyze any angle into a case except for pure stranger abduction-even asking if they have checked out neighbors equals no longer making it a stranger abduction and moves into the "someone known to the girls" category.

Those posts were specifically about people speculating on the PARENT'S demeanor.

This case is very confusing. Drowning seems the most likely scenario, and yet there are no shoes left behind, and no one saw them swimming.

if they were abducted, then how did the perp get them away from the trail?

Does anyone remember hearing whether or not they used sonar on the lake?

I read somewhere sonar had been used early on and found nothing.

reporter answering question about more and more of the lake being taped off:

Not really, according to Dave Franzman, more of the lake is being taped off as more area is exposed as the lake continues to drain.
by Aaron Hepker - KCRG 2:46 PM

I think if they had a water accident the flip flops would have been found floating on the water by now:moo:
Is that dock near the playground where the flip flops (that might be the little girls) were found? TIA

I think bodies might be floating by now also. What is the avg air temp and water temp there now?

Haven't read everything to know if this was already posted, but if both descriptions are right, I think these must be the flip-flops....they are both Sesame Street AND purple with diamond shapes.

A good example of how witnesses can see the same thing and pick out different details to describe the same item.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sesame-Stre...80876&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=1&#ht_2854wt_956

Excellent point. It seems like Mom would mention the two flip-flops forming a Sesame Street Character when put together, though. I would think that would be a significant part of them, but who knows? It would be nice if LE would release a picture from the manufacturer of a pair like those Lyric was wearing.

Does anyone remember hearing whether or not they used sonar on the lake?

I read somewhere sonar had been used early on and found nothing.

the Dept of natural resourses (DNR) used sonar on the lake early on and found nothing. lake has also been dragged several times with no results. the lake is a "no swimming" lake and is frequented by people fishing. it is also has a pretty muddy bottom and fairly "weedy" underwater.

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said the agency worked with a team of tracking dogs until around 11 p.m. Monday, when investigators removed the dogs after they failed to find either girl.

Breault said the pace of the search has been slowed down because of the time required to drain the lake. The draining began Monday afternoon and could take up to three days. But local officials said the draining likely will go faster because of the already low level of the lake and the Cedar River into which it drains.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...n-search-for-missing-iowa-cousins-police-say/

EquuSearch had 2 cases this year .. mother on one and wife on another were "under the radar persons of interest". Both victims were found in the water and considered accidents. jmo

Yes but the point is that the families stated right at the beginning that they would never wander that far on their bikes.

Well apparently they did...and often. :waitasec:

I suppose the families were not aware of where they were actually going on their bike rides? And who they may have been chatting with?

MOO

exactly the point Kamille- the where and who- could there possibly be a clue there in that type of info??
I guess 'far' might hold different meaning for some too, but still....
it would be nice to identify normal routes/persons they/she have spoken with/used

I'm starting to hate flip flops!!! I think this is the third case where victims wore flip flops. Other evidence found but not their shoes.

I just don't get it. Flip flops can be so easily taken off if there is a struggle of some sort (stranger abduction).

IMO, if the girls were snatched, it was someone they knew and they may have willingly went along with them. No struggle until it was too late. It would explain the missing flip flops.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members