IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed while reading about how they found Evelyn Miller that they extensively searched for five days and found her in the Cedar River. How many days did they do an extensive search for the two girls in E'dale? I guess LE thinks they were abducted by vehicle from the area, so perhaps that is why they haven't searched a wider area or brought the dogs back in. So sad.

I see that Artzy will be interviewed by an agent. That is great news. The only thing is that time is of the essence..why schedule it for next week? That leads me to wonder if they have someone in mind already. I don't know why, but I think they are close. Let's hope closer than seven years...ugh. MOO

I believe they have PROOF there was a vehicle involved based simply on the article posted recently that the header was something like "Police believe vehicle used in abduction may have been caught on camera". I believe (MOO) they may even have tracks from say Maiden Lane or that area. That article made it clear they felt they were taken by vehicle out of the area.

I hate seeing this thread so quiet. Nothing substantial to go on. 2 girls were here, now they aren't. Who and why??

BBM
This is great news, ArtzyPantz, on more than one level! Thanks so much for the update. Wow...DCI will be doing a sitdown interview, no less. IMO, that says they took your information very seriously. I would so love to be privy to what questions they'll ask.

By the way, would you mind sharing which day next week the interview is taking place?

BBM

I completely agree....they are taking all information very seriously, as it should be, & i wouldnt expect any less from them.

I would also love to know what questions they will ask me. I dont know but im going to go into this with good notes on everything i can remember that may or maynot be of significance.

I dont know yet what day it will be, im waiting to hear from an agent.....just curious as to why you ask what day i will meet with them??

ArtzyPantz

I think it is more useful to look at the previous year's statistics, which gives LE a chance to resolve cases. When I look at the stats from 2010 and 2011, all the missing child cases have apparently been resolved.

Most of the missing children in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area are probably runaways. That doesn't mean they are not in danger (there's a good reason why parents worry when their children run away) but it means that the child left voluntarily. That's a big difference from being abducted.

A few of the missing children sound like they are probably caught in a custody dispute. Again, this does not mean the child is not in danger because there are usually (not always) good reasons why one parent has custody and the other parent does not. But again, that is very different from abduction.

I see no indications that Elizabeth and Lyric ran away. Lyric apparently made a threat to run away before she disappeared; however, such threats are not unusual in children that age and she made no real attempt at running away. Elizabeth, so far as we know, has no such history.

I see no indications that Elizabeth and Lyric were the subjects of a custody dispute. For one thing, they aren't sisters, they are cousins. For another, all other family members are present and accounted for.

Great post!

[/B]

BBM

I completely agree....they are taking all information very seriously, as it should be, & i wouldnt expect any less from them.

I would also love to know what questions they will ask me. I dont know but im going to go into this with good notes on everything i can remember that may or maynot be of significance.

I dont know yet what day it will be, im waiting to hear from an agent.....just curious as to why you ask what day i will meet with them??

ArtzyPantz
You will do fine. Just tell the truth hon.

OMG...I am getting a scrolly across the bottom of KCRG notifying on KCRG.com Floyd County police are going to hold a press conference in regards to the Evelyn Miller case which is 7 years old!

I wonder if during this investigation of the girls that LE came across something!!???

***Casey Fredericksen has been charged with 1st degree murder and sexual abuse. This was the mother's boyfriend at the time of her death.

Probably not going to help the case for Lizzy and Lyric. :(

WOW! That is who I (and lots of other people) thought did it but I thought he'd never be charged.

I doubt he has anything to do with Elizabeth and Lyric, since he's been in federal prison since 2006.

I hope any computers the girls had access to were taken and searched like day 1 in case one of them had met someone online who they went to meet. Seems like this would be standard operating procedure. Hope so anyway.

I think this was a random abduction, the hardest kind to solve.

I think you are correct about it being a random abduction. And about the difficulty in solving them.

One of the family members, probably Aunt TB or Grandma Cook, said that LE had taken all their computers, including one that hadn't been used in a year (apparently my husband is not the only person to hang onto old computers!).

Thanks Nursebeeme....

Sometimes i wonder if i have said to much in my posts already?

:fence:

ArtzyPantz

FWIW ArtzyPantz no I don't think you have said "too much." Not that I am a cop or abductor or anything, but I think you've been very honest yet careful in what you've said here and I for one appreciate it. IMO you are definitely going to feel pressure to say more than you want to publicly. :( If the person you're worried about still works with you (sounds like not anymore?) I'd also bring it up with a Human Resources person you might have, or another trusted manager/supervisor type, just so they can be alerted and maybe have extra security for a bit?

I would keep the date, time, and location of your meeting as private as possible... IMO just thinking of your personal safety. Probably overcautious but what about that one time it isn't?

Thank you for coming forward with information that sounds like it might be very useful to the investigation.

I was on another case reading one of the links and noticed a headline at the bottom saying new evidence found in Iowa girls disappearance and was so excited. It turned out to be an old story we have read many times (I didn't save the link). One thing I am copying over is because I don't remember if any information was released on this unless they are talking about the video security tapes -

The sheriff also said investigators did obtain new evidence July 20, which has been sent to a crime lab in Ankeny, Iowa for analysis. He declined to say what the new evidence was or where it was found.

I was on another case reading one of the links and noticed a headline at the bottom saying new evidence found in Iowa girls disappearance and was so excited. It turned out to be an old story we have read many times (I didn't save the link). One thing I am copying over is because I don't remember if any information was released on this unless they are talking about the video security tapes -

The sheriff also said investigators did obtain new evidence July 20, which has been sent to a crime lab in Ankeny, Iowa for analysis. He declined to say what the new evidence was or where it was found.

I may be wrong, but on or about the 20th, the case seemed to change a bit. I think I remember that was when there was an arrest, a car towed with a cell phone it in...something like that. In addition, they were draining the lake. The divers were either diving that day or the next day IIRC. There were no more extensive on-foot searches. Some kind of shift occurred IMHO. I believe I read that they had the video footage about 5 days before it was released to the public, but I don't remember what day that was. MOO

[/b]

BBM

ArtzyPantz
I'm a wee bit embarrassed to tell you, Artzy, that I was wanting to note the day on a spare calendar I keep next to my PC. You know, so I wouldn't be anticipating hearing back from you on say Mon.-Wed. if the appointment turned out to be scheduled for Thurs. I know, how lame is that... lol

At any rate, once I saw your question to me I realized my wanting to know the day of week sounds a little hinky, so I'm hereby withdrawing my question. :)

Its not lame at all fox, you care!! I wondered as well.. was gonna put it on the calendar on my phone lol

I sometimes have trouble checking this thread.. because it's so close to home sometimes it can be too emotional, but I didn't want to miss Artzy's post :)

I'm a wee bit embarrassed to tell you, Artzy, that I was wanting to note the day on a spare calendar I keep next to my PC. You know, so I wouldn't be anticipating hearing back from you on say Mon.-Wed. if the appointment turned out to be scheduled for Thurs. I know, how lame is that... lol

At any rate, once I saw your question to me I realized my wanting to know the day of week sounds a little hinky, so I'm hereby withdrawing my question. :)

I thought you might want to know just in case Artzy's info busts this case wide open. I am curious as well as the guy seems hinky to me.

thinking of the girls today. July the 13th... and here it is almost October... almost three whole months since they just vanished. Prayers for the tip that breaks the case.

Rec. trail caught my attention. I have zero knowledge of how Wtrloo sewer system works... and I don't know if sleuthing sewers on here is even allowed. :)

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/se...cle_02c725a6-0991-11e2-a111-0019bb2963f4.html

"WATERLOO, Iowa — A leaking, pressurized, sanitary sewer line has forced the closure today and Saturday of the recreation trail on Ridgeway Avenue between Highway 58 and Ace Place.
Repair work is to start and be completed on Saturday.
Untreated wastewater was escaping alongside the recreational trail and flowing into a nearby field. Leaking wastewater escaped into a nearby storm sewer. For the next several days, residents should avoid the drainageway that runs through the property to the south of the bike trail."

Rec. trail caught my attention. I have zero knowledge of how Wtrloo sewer system works... and I don't know if sleuthing sewers on here is even allowed. :)

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/se...cle_02c725a6-0991-11e2-a111-0019bb2963f4.html

"WATERLOO, Iowa — A leaking, pressurized, sanitary sewer line has forced the closure today and Saturday of the recreation trail on Ridgeway Avenue between Highway 58 and Ace Place.
Repair work is to start and be completed on Saturday.
Untreated wastewater was escaping alongside the recreational trail and flowing into a nearby field. Leaking wastewater escaped into a nearby storm sewer. For the next several days, residents should avoid the drainageway that runs through the property to the south of the bike trail."
good thoughts foxbluff... Kayleah Wilson was found in such a system (I believe she was found in grey water system) but I can remember following the possible paths that Kayleah's body could have traveled thru the underground grey water system of that area)

Praying for the girls to be found and brought home.:grouphug:

Geez, this is so frustrating not hearing anything from LE, media anything.

I just want to say to Artzy how grateful I am that you called your information in to LE! It sounds like you might be on to something there Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member