IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lyric and Elizabeth aren't located after the harvesting and hunting seasons are over, then I'm afraid I agree with you about the case going cold. IMO

But I've thought that before and been blessedly wrong.

Hi Marilyn, I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong. But 82 days.....is a long time.
Like many of you This abduction has grabbed my heart.
I want to know how this happens....how can 2 little girls disappear without a trace? :moo:

Thanks for posting this. For awhile I thought Heather looked like death warmed over and I feared for her health. I think she is looking a bit better in this video, and I am glad to see it. She needs to stay as well as possible for the sake of her other children. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have to learn to live with that kind of pain.

Happy Birthday to Lyric!

I thought she looked like she gained some weight and is healthier. I also saw that she looked more emotional then before.

Hi Marilyn, I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong. But 82 days.....is a long time.
Like many of you This abduction has grabbed my heart.
I want to know how this happens....how can 2 little girls disappear without a trace? :moo:

You sure are right, 82 days is so long for two young girls to be missing. It's hard to hold out hope for so long, and I can't even fathom how horrible this is for the families.

As to how two little girls could seemingly vanish without a trace, I sure wish I knew the answer to that question. It seems impossible for such a thing to happen during a simple bike ride, and yet obviously it isn't.

I pray for the girls and their families every day, and hope there is a resolution very soon.

One more thing, after 82 days shouldn't LE release any other info or videos they have? I mean what could it hurt? What if a vehicle was caught on camera soon after the girls passed the CCTV?
I had a bad feeling very early on that this case would go cold.
I KNOW most of you don't see it that way but I do.
How do the girls families make it through the day? The weeks? The months?

I would be concerned that if LE identified several vehicles as being of interest due to their being seen in proximity to the girls that day, then more than one innocent person could go through the stress of being innocent but accused.

Like you, I thought this would go cold early on in the case. In my case it was because I have believed all along that the perpetrator had no significant connection to either girl or any of the families.

As for how the families get through it, it's not like they've been given a choice. I've been through some bad times in my life and people have asked how I got through it. I've always been puzzled because it wasn't like I was given a choice; for instance, it was spend close to four months on the burn unit or die.

Both families have other children and I am sure they are all doing their best to help their children... which probably ends up helping the parents and grandparents as well.

I'm not so sure the outcry about JVM's poll was a good thing.
The poll was pulled BUT the important thing was that a missing child's case would have attention. People ran their mouths before realizing the consequence .....which could mean no older cases will be highlighted or discussed .
Imoo
bbm - I mostly agree and applaud your bravery in saying it!

In the short run, it might not be a good thing for our little girls as the earlier poll results seem to indicate that their case would be the one featured.

After the outcry, if the latest poll results posted here are any indication, then it was a good thing for poor little Ky.

In the long run, IMHO, the outcry was a good thing for Missing Children Cases in general as it showed JMV just how interested a whole lot of people are in these segments.

And, finally, I think the outcry was a good thing for JMV. Ahh... free publicity!

MOO

Thanks for posting this. For awhile I thought Heather looked like death warmed over and I feared for her health. I think she is looking a bit better in this video, and I am glad to see it. She needs to stay as well as possible for the sake of her other children. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to have to learn to live with that kind of pain.
SBBM - And I thank you, Shy, for posting this.

My dial-up ISP can't stream videos so, until seeing your post, I wasn't aware that Heather was, perhaps, looking a little better. That is so good to hear. I, too, have worried about her health.

bbm - I mostly agree and applaud your bravery in saying it!

In the short run, it might not be a good thing for our little girls as the earlier poll results seem to indicate that their case would be the one featured.

After the outcry, if the latest poll results posted here are any indication, then it was a good thing for poor little Ky.

In the long run, IMHO, the outcry was a good thing for Missing Children Cases in general as it showed JMV just how interested a whole lot of people are in these segments.

And, finally, I think the outcry was a good thing for JMV. Ahh... free publicity!

MOO

I don't think it affected JVM much, these hotshot news anchors let criticism roll off 'em like water off a duck's back. Even bad publicity is good, to their eyes. NG has been criticized for everything under the sun and it hasn't hurt her feelings one bit.

IMO, there were not enough choices in the poll. There are thousands of kids and teens who go missing every week. Those few cases, especially Baby Lisa and Kyron got months of coverage exclusively... why not highlight a newer case, one that has not been mentioned much in the headlines. I mean, if the point is to garner some attention and awareness... don't these other kids deserve some of that, too?

My concerns were abated when I saw this picture, taken at the vigil held week 2, around July 27 or so I guess.

It appears this family are getting a lot of support from each other and their communities.

Attachments

• lyric.jpg
    lyric.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 41
I don't think it affected JVM much, these hotshot news anchors let criticism roll off 'em like water off a duck's back. Even bad publicity is good, to their eyes. NG has been criticized for everything under the sun and it hasn't hurt her feelings one bit.

IMO, there were not enough choices in the poll. There are thousands of kids and teens who go missing every week. Those few cases, especially Baby Lisa and Kyron got months of coverage exclusively... why not highlight a newer case, one that has not been mentioned much in the headlines. I mean, if the point is to garner some attention and awareness... don't these other kids deserve some of that, too?

Ty, TxLady, for your opinion and ITA. IMHO, it's not just showbiz people who recognize that "any publicity is good publicity as long as you spell the name right," but it's their PR peeps, as well, who recognize and embrace it...

ETA: O/T: hook 'm horns :)

I so agree Saphire Steel, looks like the community hasn't let up with their support. I hope this continues till the girls return home.

For those who might be able to read here but can't go to the linked sites:

http://qctimes.com/news/local/iowa-...cle_eca99f88-0d41-11e2-990a-001a4bcf887a.html

"Misty Morrissey hugs a well wisher during a birthday party held for her missing daughter, Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 11, at the Countryside Vineyard Church in Evansdale, Iowa, on Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012. Lyric Cook-Morrissey and her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, have been missing since July 13. (RICK CHASE / Courier Staff Photographer)"

Attachments

• Misty.jpg
    Misty.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 22
((((((((((((((((everyone that comes here daily to check on these girls ))))))))))))))))

(that is a hug^)

Larry Laverz (rso) has his company listed as, 'Universal Peace Press', I cannot find anything on this company except typesetting. Makes me wonder if its undercover for child *advertiser censored*.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/iowa-...cle_eca99f88-0d41-11e2-990a-001a4bcf887a.html

"Misty Morrissey hugs a well wisher during a birthday party held for her missing daughter, Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 11, at the Countryside Vineyard Church in Evansdale, Iowa, on Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012. Lyric Cook-Morrissey and her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, have been missing since July 13. (RICK CHASE / Courier Staff Photographer)"

I wonder if Dan was allowed to attend. IIRC he was under house arrest at one time, but I don't know if that's still the case. I'm glad Heather, Drew and their kids were at the birthday party - it's good to see the family is still sticking together.

I think about all of the upcoming events - Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas - and pray the girls will be reunited with their families by then.:please:

Larry Laverz (rso) has his company listed as, 'Universal Peace Press', I cannot find anything on this company except typesetting. Makes me wonder if its undercover for child *advertiser censored*.

That seems really risky. I thought child *advertiser censored* had gone solely digital these days. Easier to get rid of the evidence.

I have a friend who is a spam fighter (also known as unsolicited commercial email or UCE). He keeps a sacrificial computer for surfing to sites advertised in spam because they're often riddled with malware; the spammers don't want to sell you anything these days, they want to infect your computer to become part of a botnet. Once or twice a year, it becomes infected with something that is more trouble than the computer is worth to get rid of, so he just pulls the hard drive and throws it away. He said old computers are advertised for free on Craigslist in his area, so he just scrounges another freebie hard drive for the sacrificial computer.

It occurs to me to wonder how many people with intentions of dubious legality might keep a sacrificial computer these days. First sign of trouble, yank that hard drive, smash the platter and the evidence is gone.

I would be concerned that if LE identified several vehicles as being of interest due to their being seen in proximity to the girls that day, then more than one innocent person could go through the stress of being innocent but accused.
Like you, I thought this would go cold early on in the case. In my case it was because I have believed all along that the perpetrator had no significant connection to either girl or any of the families.

As for how the families get through it, it's not like they've been given a choice. I've been through some bad times in my life and people have asked how I got through it. I've always been puzzled because it wasn't like I was given a choice; for instance, it was spend close to four months on the burn unit or die.

Both families have other children and I am sure they are all doing their best to help their children... which probably ends up helping the parents and grandparents as well.

BBM#1 Absolutely. Even though I wish there was a lead or tip that WOULD help, I've been glad not to see a lot of "possible" vehicles. Many innocent people would have ended up with stalkers, I think. Can you imagine what might have happened to the "white van" guy they interviewed if he hadn't come forward so quickly? I even wonder if he has people harassing him - not so much as a likely perp but hounding him for information he doesn't have or isn't at liberty to reveal.

It's easy to say that if you're innocent it doesn't matter, but in reality it could make your life a living hell if someone - especially someone not quite in their right mind for whatever reason - decided that "you" MUST be the person responsible for the girls disappearing! Then the innocent person ends up being harassed or worse (what if someone decides to "take the law into therir own hands"?), all because they happened to make a trip to the grocery store on the wrong day at the wrong time.

BBM#2 oh my gosh GrainneDhu I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It sounds awful. I am glad you did choose to go through it and you're here with us. I know exactly what you mean too. I went through a different but similarly bad health experience as a kid (hospital for many many months, crash cart next to my bed for a few weeks, used a wheelchair from ages 10 to 16). It used to completely baffle me - not to mention my parents and brother - when people would ask "how do you do it? how do you stay strong?" Not having a whole heckuva lot of choice, that's how. Like you I suspect there were times my family or I could've refused treatment and I'd have died so I guess there is strength in choosing to keep fighting, a strong will to live and things you want to live for, but it's certainly not a choice in the sense of "hmm do I want to not go through this, or go through it and show how strong I can be?"

Sorry for the OT a bit... back on topic, I admire all of the family for how well they are holding up and how much they're holding on to hope for the girls. Heather said it in her interview yesterday, (paraphrasing) that she could easily just stay in bed all day, but that wouldn't do anything to help bring the girls home. She for sure didn't have the choice to be in this situation, but she is handling it amazingly well. I was so happy to see both Heather and Misty looking healthier at Lyric's birthday yesterday. And not "happier" exactly, but sort of at peace I guess - knowing it might be a longer haul than any of us expected.

I wonder if Dan was allowed to attend. IIRC he was under house arrest at one time, but I don't know if that's still the case. I'm glad Heather, Drew and their kids were at the birthday party - it's good to see the family is still sticking together.

I think about all of the upcoming events - Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas - and pray the girls will be reunited with their families by then.:please:

I know... it breaks my heart!

Regarding Dan being there I haven't seen any pics of him or any mention of him being there in any articles or the FB pages for the girls. I'm not saying that's a positive or negative thing, just what I've seen. I agree, so glad the family is sticking together.

OMG... I will forever be amazed at family resemblance! If you had not ID'd this photo, I would have thought it was a pic of TB.

ETA: AND they both (IMHO) look sooo much like our precious little Lyric...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme