IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought about him before, but now it really doesn't seem likely. If the girl in Cody had been first, I'd definitely think he should be checked out more. I just can't see him letting her go if he had already killed two other little girls. MOO

There was some speculation on the other thread about her, that he didn't really mean to let her go. I guess there were two theories set forth; one was that he heard the hunters that eventually found her. And he decided to escape quickly without being seen. OR he figured she would be lost and perish because she was far from the road, and only the hunters coming along saved her.

I WISH that surveillance cams kept their film on hand longer than a few days or weeks. Because they could take film from the area the girls were found and compare it to the video of where they were bike riding, and see if any of the same vehicles were present.

I really doubt that there is any surveillance footage from where they were found. It appears to be 270 street, near Readlyn, which is a dead end. The road continues on the other side of the river, but there is no bridge. When the water level is low, could people drive across ome parts of the river?

I can't imagine why any place with real surveillance equipment, like banks and gas stations, would delete surveillance recordings in less than a week.

There was some speculation on the other thread about her, that he didn't really mean to let her go. I guess there were two theories set forth; one was that he heard the hunters that eventually found her. And he decided to escape quickly without being seen. OR he figured she would be lost and perish because she was far from the road, and only the hunters coming along saved her.

It's also possible that, if he had done this, he left the girls alive too, but more severely injured than the other girl (they were younger). He may not have known for sure they were dead until days later when he didn't hear anything, and then maybe expected the same kind of results in Cody. MOO

I checked in last night before going to bed and noticed the girls have been found, im gutted, and as horrible as it may sound but things like this dont usually get to me emotionally but this has bothered me, thats why i didnt post last night..

My heart goes out to the Parents and relatives of the girls,also for the hunters who discovered them and of course to all you sleuthers who spent so much time on this case.

I hope this is ok to post, i dont even know if its appropriate so i apologise but it was one of the first things i thought off when i read the girls had been found.

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields,
And, until we meet again
May god hold you in the palm of his hand

God Bless

Heartbroken and saddened by the news. I hope the monster(s) knows he/she can run but can't hide. YOU WILL BE CAUGHT!

Watching some of the coverage on JVM last night, the bodies were found 30 minutes away. The perp(s) obviously had transportation and I'm going to guess it was probably a van or pick up. IMO, I would be looking at someone who worked in the area or had ties to the area and not necessarily someone who lived there.

I'll wait for official confirmation but it's not looking good for these sweet innocent girls. :(

The hunters stated that they were the last to come off the mountain and had they not come along, she would not have survived. There were hungry grizzlies in the area. If he wanted to escape, knowing that the hunters were in the area, he would not have left her alive ... seems to me. The hunters believed that she was left there to die and the guy that left her there had no idea that anyone else was on the mountain. She was wearing light clothing and summer runners. She started running and kept running ... the guys that found her weren't sure that she would get in the truck, she was afraid that he was coming back, but when she did get in the truck, she sat between his two sons, phoned her mom and told her what happened while his two sons listened in complete shock ... and she was one of the lucky ones. The hunter's wife saw the photographer coming off the mountain because she lived at the bottom of the mountain, across the road, and saw the lights coming down the road. She called her husband to tell him that she could see his lights, but he told her that he wasn't that far yet ... that pinpointed the time.

The luring, abduction and murders of Lyric and Elizabeth seems to have a completely different type of deception.

I really doubt that there is any surveillance footage from where they were found. It appears to be 270 street, near Readlyn, which is a dead end. The road continues on the other side of the river, but there is no bridge. When the water level is low, could people drive across ome parts of the river?

I can't imagine why any place with real surveillance equipment, like banks and gas stations, would delete surveillance recordings in less than a week.

It seems silly that some places don't keep the footage from surveillance cameras but it is true in many cases. Sometimes they record over the old footage in a matter of a few days.

My friend had her car door smashed into by a car leaving a pking lot, and they drove off w/out stopping. She called the ins. company who said they would get the video footage. But apparently it was taped over before they retrieved it.

[ Also, I have seen examples in The First 48 where gas stations recorded over film in 3 days time.]

The new systems all have a hard drive so you can save as much footage as you want.

Was it in relation to this case that links were posted to a fictional film that borrowed footage from real cases and wrapped it all into one horrific scenario ... where the teddy bear disappeared from it's safe place under the freeway? From the beginning, the story defied logic ... and I would have preferred to go through life without having seen that perturbation of reality.

The hunters stated that they were the last to come off the mountain and had they not come along, she would not have survived. There were hungry grizzlies in the area. If he wanted to escape, knowing that the hunters were in the area, he would not have left her alive ... seems to me. The hunters believed that she was left there to die and the guy that left her there had no idea that anyone else was on the mountain. She was wearing light clothing and summer runners. She started running and kept running ... the guys that found her weren't sure that she would get in the truck, she was afraid that he was coming back, but when she did get in the truck, she sat between his two sons, phoned her mom and told her what happened while his two sons listened in complete shock ... and she was one of the lucky ones. The hunter's wife saw the photographer coming off the mountain because she lived at the bottom of the mountain, across the road, and saw the lights coming down the road. She called her husband to tell him that she could see his lights, but he told her that he wasn't that far yet ... that pinpointed the time.

The luring, abduction and murders of Lyric and Elizabeth seems to have a completely different type of deception.

What case are you referring to?

I checked in last night before going to bed and noticed the girls have been found, im gutted, and as horrible as it may sound but things like this dont usually get to me emotionally but this has bothered me, thats why i didnt post last night..

My heart goes out to the Parents and relatives of the girls,also for the hunters who discovered them and of course to all you sleuthers who spent so much time on this case.

I hope this is ok to post, i dont even know if its appropriate so i apologise but it was one of the first things i thought off when i read the girls had been found.

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields,
And, until we meet again
May god hold you in the palm of his hand

God Bless

Ahhh, you made me cry, ScotsPaddy! We had that poem/prayer (which I always knew as 'St Patricks Blessing' as a song at the end of my mom's funeral mass in October. Everyone lost it :cry:

My mom was the favorite aunt of all the cousins and second cousins in our family. She loved kids of all ages. Every time we have lost a young one here on WS since she passed, I like to think that she's somewhere laughing, having fun, and loving them until they see their own moms and dads again.

I hope Lyric and Lizzie find her, and she is singing to them all the songs she sang with my younger kids right up until this fall. :rose:

Bing map of park: http://binged.it/SImz9C

Just heartbreaking. I was one to hold on to the hope they were still alive. :( It would seem extremely odd to abduct two for only a short time for pleasure, imo. I think there was more than one perp involved. Was it for their *advertiser censored* and sickness or was it related to the drugs/retaliation? I do want to know how long their little bodies have been laying out there and the approx date of deaths.

Just senseless. May the family find some comfort and peace at this time. The girls are coming home to rest and the knowing where they are is no longer a unanswerable nightmare.

RIP Lyric and Elizabeth You will be remembered and truly missed.
:rose: :rose: :rose:

I don't think the coroner or ME is going to be able to determine if they died the day they were kidnapped or were alive for awhile afterwards. We may not know that for awhile, if ever.

Reading this made me so sad, I just hope they didn´t had to suffer too long. Condolence to both familys. :(

A bit gross, but would the girls remains be skeletonized by now? What stage of decomp would they be at?

I don't think the coroner or ME is going to be able to determine if they died the day they were kidnapped or were alive for awhile afterwards. We may not know that for awhile, if ever.

Agree. But LE is saying bodies vs skeletal remains, so unless it is just semantics, they could have been murdered more recently and just placed there. Plus we don't know if they were just found in the open or placed in a bag, wrapped, etc. You would think if out in the open for 5 months there would be animal activity and movement of the remains...somewhat...so the most obvious, the skull would be found. Think of all the fallen leaves that would have covered them as well.

The 5 AM news on HLN has reported that the IDs of Lyric and Elizabeth have been confirmed by the authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18