Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be nothing more than "two distinct bodies/remains ... small not
adult corpses" and the probability of that being x,y, or z in that low
population area at this time is >>> 90%+. We still dont have any solid
facts from LE! NOTHING! Dont know iof remains or whole bodies, time of
death, etc etc etc ....

If they want help from the public they have to give the public something
to work with ... and the longer this goes the further away a solution gets!
The murderer could be in Argentina by then.

Yes, georger, silence is the predator's most lethal weapon.. The person that committed this atrociously evil act will continue preying on other innocent victims until apprehended and incarcerated. Obviously a sadistic psychopath, regardless of their motive/s.. All available investigative resources should be utilized and time is of the essence to insure public safety.

The 1950's antiquated close to the vest strategy of silence by investigators only leads to more missing/murdered persons and mounting cold cases, imo..

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/20289040/skeletal-remains-found-in-piedmont-have-been-identified

Skeletal remains found in a rural area of eastern Alabama have been .... Body found near Piedmont identified as woman missing for 3 years

Thank you, that makes sense. And thanks for your explanation about the reporter, I didn't realize it was a reporter that said the bodies didn't look like they had been outside for 4 to 5 months, I thought that came from LE. I definitely know better than to take a reporter's word for just about anything.

JVM HLN - Who killed Lyric and Elizabeth?
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/12/06/who-killed-lyric-and-elizabeth

Transcript of 12/07/2012 JVM Show

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/06/ijvm.01.html

(Snipped-read more)
Jon Lieberman, you`ve got new information. Tell us.

LIEBERMAN: Yes. It`s heart-breaking when you read that quote from the family.

A couple of things that we know. I`m told by police sources that they were able to make an eyeball identification, meaning looking at the bodies and knowing in their heads that it was these two girls, very, very quickly. I`m told is that it didn`t appear that the bodies had been out exposed to the elements for the four or five months since they went missing. That`s No. 1.

I`m also told that there was some articles of clothing belonging to these two girls found at that scene, as well. And also we did some researching, and there are 18 registered sex offenders within ten miles of this 125-acre camping area. So that is something that law enforcement is looking at, as well.

But really what they`re focusing on is, and there`s the graphic, is the timeline. They need to figure out what happened when and how long these girls had been out in that park.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Rita Cosby, investigative journalist, I got chills when Jon just said that these bodies had been kept somewhere, and then when they were put there in this wildlife park, they were easily identifiable. I mean, it`s horrifying to think that they were kept in some -- it implies that they were possibly kept in some kind of refrigeration or something that preserved them.

Snipped from the JVM transcript above:

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`ve taught them, you know, if you`re approached and somebody actually grabs hold of you, drop your body to the ground, scream, kick, fight, gouge eyes, do whatever you have to do. Don`t let them get you to a vehicle. You know, I told the girls, you know, once you`re in a vehicle, the chances decrease of your survival.

And so I have a feeling whoever approached them had some type of weapon, something that scared them very, very badly that made them get into a vehicle.

'Someone posted earlier the FBI tips on suspicious behavior of others and things to look for from 07/13/2012'. One very important thing that is usually omitted and seems to crop up in many abductions is that the perp will have scratches, bite marks, and possibly other unexplained defensive injuries caused by their victims. Due to the thick cover/underbrush and the July heat & humidity, a poison oak or ivy rash should also be considered, imo.

Look on the map where the bodies were found - not far from the water at
a location where many people say they have fished FOR YEARS! Either the
perp is an idiot or he knew the bodies would be found - maybe wanted
the found.

I would look for the worst enemy this family has or ever had - if not that
profile then some pedophile who haunts wild areas, lakes, parks,fishing
areas ... has a camper? Somebody who once identified will stand out -

Just to clarify, 7 Bridges is a primitive area with no water or electricity, so camping would most likely be by a tent there. I have heard camping and fishing is not that uncommon there, but the area is certainly not a tourist attraction or campground.

Is it possible these kids were turned lose out there alive, and stayed there waiting for help
until they died of exposure ? I realise no COD has been issued so it is premature to speculate --

I think if that were that case they would have huddled together.

If that statements turns out to be true that means one of two things. 1) They have not been dead since missing. 2) They had been preserved for some time. jmo

Just to clarify, 7 Bridges is a primitive area with no water or electricity, so camping would most likely be by a tent there. I have heard camping and fishing is not that uncommon there, but the area is certainly not a tourist attraction or campground.

Adair88, many folks prefer primitive camping. Someone posted earlier that there were the remnants of a campfire near the 7 bridges crime scene. The river is the water source..

I am confident that there would have been other outdoor persons in the area over the past 5 months which would have contaminated the area around the remains location, imo.

I'm hoping they will release some info from the autopsy report today. ??

They aren't?

Nope. The hunters are not getting the reward. The full $150,000 has been rolled into a new reward fund to go to anyone leading to an arrest. This fact makes me suspicious. I think there were not any hunters. I think police got a tip about the location of the bodies and fabricated the "hunters" to protect their source.

Have any of the hunters who found the bodies been interviewed by reporters??

Did LE actually say that it did not look as though the bodies had been outside for 4-5 months?

If so, is there a link? I know a reporter claims a source told him something to that effect but was not aware LE made such a statement.

No ... the only source for 'some clothing being found, bodies being identifiable and the area being a dump site' (not murder scene) is a talking head (JVM). There have not been any other statements about this.

It could be nothing more than "two distinct bodies/remains ... small not
adult corpses" and the probability of that being x,y, or z in that low
population area at this time is >>> 90%+. We still dont have any solid
facts from LE! NOTHING! Dont know iof remains or whole bodies, time of
death, etc etc etc ....

If they want help from the public they have to give the public something
to work with ... and the longer this goes the further away a solution gets!
The murderer could be in Argentina by then.

I'm sure the autopsy results will be released soon enough, maybe not every detail but enough to assist the general public in the area to be aware of what to look for.
But in all honesty, it's not our job to find this perp. We should let LE do their jobs and not interfere with their investigation. Too much "help", even with good intentions, tends to slow them down. If they have to chase down leads generated by tips from the public that turn out to be nothing, then it doesn't help anyone. There are nearly always crackpots who love to insert themselves into cases, or confess to the crime for attention, so knowing details that have not been made public helps them to weed out those nutcases.

Have any of the hunters who found the bodies been interviewed by reporters??

I've never heard of a reward for locating a deceased missing person. The reward is usually for information leading to the conviction of a person responsible for the death of a missing person.

The hunters exist and they are both devastated. One is male and one is female.
The reward money was for the safe return of the girls, or the arrest and conviction of the person/s involved in the kidnapping/murder.
The hunters who found them would not have been eligible for just finding the bodies.

The reward money was for the safe return of the girls, or the arrest and conviction of the person/s involved in the kidnapping/murder.
The hunters who found them would not have been eligible for just finding the bodies.

Thank you for setting the record straight! So many times conspiracies are imagined when it comes to investigations.

There is one single reporter for a network known better for it's drama than for serious investigative reporting who claimed that he had a source that said, blah blah blah.

I think the reason the bodies were ID'd so quickly is exactly what Abben said: the bodies were the right general size and there are no other local children missing who fit the description. Ollipop, a verified local who is related by marriage to the families, posted that he was told that the girls' clothing was found with the bodies.

I think putting all those conditions together, the bodies could have been down to skeletal remains and still been tentatively identified immediately.

Someone, I cannot remember who, pointed out that this very same reporter made sensational claims in another case from an alleged LE source. The claims turned out to be wrong and the source turned out to be a reserve officer who was directing traffic and never got close to the crime scene.

Yep, and I bet that reporter said the information came from "someone close to the case." I'm getting to the point that I don't trust reporters, or much of the media in these cases. Factual reporting is becoming a thing of the past, it seems. It's all for drama, and ratings, and anything to keep the public glued to the t.v.

I pray the female is not a little girl on her first hunt with dad...........
Yes, something you would never get over!
Imagine waiting at that scene waiting til LE arrived........
must of seemed like eternity......
Bless them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members