IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T, but possibly of interest to GrainneDhu and others regarding search dogs:

http://www.officer.com/news/10839654/missing-minn-girl-found-by-keen-noses-of-two-rookies

The bloodhounds and their handlers were dropped into one of the most challenging search scenarios: They had to find a girl whose scent was all over the large dairy farm where she lived, and they had to do it on a windy day with little chance for the dogs and their handlers to really get to know each other before facing their first crisis.

maybe meth houses have to be disclosed before sale because of the chemicals?????

Yes, it does have to be disclosed. Here is the link to where it's on the list, although not the official State of Iowa list (i think that's a pdf file)...

http://www.homefacts.com/methlabs/Iowa/Black-Hawk-County/Waterloo/7173.html

This is the public address (google it) for Misty. This is where Dan lived when he was arrested. The house was sold in August. Prior to that, you could see pictures of the interior, which were pretty trashed. From the pictures, you could make your own determination as to which was Lyric's room (it was purple or pink).

So, back to my original posting, I'm pretty sure that Dan lived with his mother at the time of the abduction, but I'm not sure where Misty was living, and if Lyric lived with Misty or grandma.

It has to be disclosed to any potential buyers before an offer is accepted, so why not disclose it up front? That way, those who don't want to be stuck with extensive rehab won't bother considering the house and those people who are comfortable doing rehab will realise there may be some potential there.

O/T

Here in Pittsburgh, where there are many very old houses, it has to be disclosed if lead paint was used in the house, for the same reasons you stated above.

And in Texas, where I am originally from, black mold has been a horrific problem causing many homes to be torn down because they could not be rehabbed.

The bodies show if they've been moved after death.

When you die, the blood stops flowing, so it settles at the lowest point. If the body is later moved, it still shows colouration where the blood originally settled, and of course critter activity is increased in these parts of the body as a result.

It's got a name but I just can't think of it...someone else will know...

Livor Mortis, I think.

There's other stuff too. Every contact leaves a trace. Regardless of the condition of the girl's remains, they will likely still have hair. Hair is great for picking things up. All they have to do is find one fiber, one tiny scrap of glass or plastic that that couldn't have come from the woods.

Personally, I'm hoping for trace fibers and fluids. That can tell them a lot too. Concrete stuff they can use for warrants.

I tried to listen to scanner for arrests last night but bad weather must of set in because the scanner went off line allot.

[quote=passionflower;8621456]maybe meth houses have to be disclosed before sale because of the chemicals?????[/quote]
################################################

Could be... also, perhaps buyer has the right to know that some old (or out-of-town) associates of former owners might be showing up at your door. eeeek...

The Collins still live in Evansdale. Not sure exactly where Lyric lived. But a house that she lived in with Dan on Campbell avenue was recently for sale. It is listed as a Meth house. That's the only home I know of for Lyric unless she did live with grandma.

I am still operating on the premise that most child abductions/murders
involve somebody close to the children or family: this family's drug
problems could very easily involve people from outside of Evansdale, say
in Waterloo, or as far away as DesMoines, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, or
even Chicago! Drug operations cast a wide net.

I can only assume LE is talking to people in this drug network to see what
the talk on the street is: these people can get very ruthless as we all
know, and they dont care at all about families or individuals because they dont
know their victims personally. It's just "business". This family may have been involved
in something they didnt even know the full gravity or the extent of - and with one of the
parties in Court being asked to divulge information ... that is all it could take.

Who knows where that could lead ...

[quote=passionflower;8621456]maybe meth houses have to be disclosed before sale because of the chemicals?????[/quote]
################################################

Could be... also, perhaps buyer has the right to know that some old (or out-of-town) associates of former owners might be showing up at your door. eeeek...

Yes this happened to my son!
When he bought a farm, no one told him the house had been a rental at 1 time.
The renters had sold drugs from the house.
He quickly learned that when people arrived to BUY!
He put up signs, cattle gates and cameras!
They spred the news FAST!

Yes, it does have to be disclosed. Here is the link to where it's on the list, although not the official State of Iowa list (i think that's a pdf file)...

http://www.homefacts.com/methlabs/Iowa/Black-Hawk-County/Waterloo/7173.html

This is the public address (google it) for Misty. This is where Dan lived when he was arrested. The house was sold in August. Prior to that, you could see pictures of the interior, which were pretty trashed. From the pictures, you could make your own determination as to which was Lyric's room (it was purple or pink).

So, back to my original posting, I'm pretty sure that Dan lived with his mother at the time of the abduction, but I'm not sure where Misty was living, and if Lyric lived with Misty or grandma.

I believe Dan was paroled to his mothers, and Misty to her mothers.

Lyric was already with Misty's mum Wylma.

So why did Wylma say this -

Wylma Cook on Wednesday confirmed that Lyric had tried to run away from home several days before the cousins were reported missing. She said Lyric packed a bag after her father got mad at her for not completing her chores.
"She headed for the door, and I grabbed her," Cook said. "She dropped the backpack and I hugged and kissed her and I said it'll be OK."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328855/3/Search-for-missing-Iowa-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise

:dunno:

I read that as, she didn't complete her chores at Wylma's, and got in trouble with Dan at Wylma's.

Surely she should get in trouble with Wylma if her chores aren't done, not Dan? Unless Wylma thinks of Dan as the man of the house?

:cow:

know, and they care at all about families or individuals because they dont
know their victims personally. It's just "business".

There is one case I follow here, the disappearance of Kathleen Haley. She worked at a bar/strip club, and most of her associates were either co-workers or customers who are unwilling to talk to the police. And she lived in a neighborhood where the neighbors are not inclined to stick their noses in anyone else's business, even when they saw a blood-soaked mattress in the dumpster of the apartment building!

If there is any drug connection to this case, I had hoped the increased reward would have loosened some tongues. But maybe, as in Kathleen's case, there are people who just refuse to talk to the police under any circumstances. JMO

There is one case I follow here, the disappearance of Kathleen Haley. She worked at a bar/strip club, and most of her associates were either co-workers or customers who are unwilling to talk to the police. And she lived in a neighborhood where the neighbors are not inclined to stick their noses in anyone else's business, even when they saw a blood-soaked mattress in the dumpster of the apartment building!

If there is any drug connection to this case, I had hoped the increased reward would have loosened some tongues. But maybe, as in Kathleen's case, there are people who just refuse to talk to the police under any circumstances. JMO

Whoever donated that massive amount to the reward is a real hero.

I cannot believe people can be that generous.

I don't think there is a code of silence for the drug addicted, especially where that much money is concerned. They will pretty much sell their grandmother for a hit. I suspect there's a whole lot of narcing going on, right about now.

Hopefully some of it's relevant.

:cow:

Livor Mortis, I think.

There's other stuff too. Every contact leaves a trace. Regardless of the condition of the girl's remains, they will likely still have hair. Hair is great for picking things up. All they have to do is find one fiber, one tiny scrap of glass or plastic that that couldn't have come from the woods.

Personally, I'm hoping for trace fibers and fluids. That can tell them a lot too. Concrete stuff they can use for warrants.

Yes, and allergens...all kinds of microscopic goodies. For example, I work with animals, and we had a seminar recently about personal protective equipment for minimizing exposure to allergens. Apparently when there are microscopic bits of animal urine, dander, and feces in the air, it really clings to your hair...so even if you don't have visible animal hairs on you, you're still carrying the proteins around in your hair.

FYI I wear a protective bonnet now. Just FYI. And I wash my hair every night.

You learn something new everyday. It is a good thing they let the public know. I would want to know.

They also have to disclose whether anyone is known to have died in the house or if the house is haunted!

Yes this happened to my son!
When he bought a farm, no one told him the house had been a rental at 1 time.
The renters had sold drugs from the house.
He quickly learned that when people arrived to BUY!
He put up signs, cattle gates and cameras!
They spred the news FAST!
##################################################

OMG! BTW, O/T: I've told people for yrs now that even though you may know and trust the seller, if the house has been rented, the first thing you need to do is change the locks! Not all renters are nice people and it's sooo easy for them to make an extra copy of the housekey before moving and then return to remove your belonging!

They also have to disclose whether anyone is known to have died in the house or if the house is haunted!

Bizarre.

Where I live, most of the houses are over 100 years old so you just kinda assume folks have died in them.

know, and they dont care at all about families or individuals because they dont
know their victims personally. It's just "business". This family may have been involved
in something they didnt even know the full gravity or the extent of - and with one of the
parties in Court being asked to divulge information ... that is all it could take.

BBM

The problem with that theory is that DM had actually turned down the plea bargain on 12 July. So anyone worried he might inform on them could have a sigh of relief because it wasn't going to happen.

If someone was worried Dan would inform on them, they would have moved before 12 July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member