IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI-there are blizzard conditions in the eastern part of South Dakota and the Interstate [90] has been closed from the middle of South Dakota to the eastern border. Iowa and Minnesota, you have bad weather on the way. :(

I hope the site where the girls were found can be cleared before the weather hits.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/73381/group/News/

Our weather guy thinks it's gonna hit Iowa more north than bremer county, thank goodness.. not ready for winter weather quite yet LOL

I do follow you SS. I just dnt think DM living there and being considered the man of Wilma's house is the only possible explanation.

Forgive me, I do not recall(if I ever knew) the specifics of the probation and the OP. Was DM barred from visitation with Lyric or just from contact with M? I cannot recall the specifics of the limitations D and M were under at the time Wilma was talking about.

Perhaps he would visit his daughter at Wilma's under her supervision?

Also Lyric was preteen and female. We have no idea where she was at in her hormonal development. I mention this because my DD just turned 12. At about 11, she began to have rollercoater mood swing, became very emotional and sensitive and oh the dramatics!

This stormig off and threatening to run away is very in character for some young ladies in that very difficult age as they approach the teens.

Not being argumuntative, it could also be the way you are suggesting/suspecting.

I just think there are other equally plausible explanations.

I do follow you SS. I just dnt think DM living there and being considered the man of Wilma's house is the only possible explanation.

Forgive me, I do not recall(if I ever knew) the specifics of the probation and the OP. Was DM barred from visitation with Lyric or just from contact with M? I cannot recall the specifics of the limitations D and M were under at the time Wilma was talking about.

Perhaps he would visit his daughter at Wilma's under her supervision?

Also Lyric was preteen and female. We have no idea where she was at in her hormonal development. I mention this because my DD just turned 12. At about 11, she began to have rollercoater mood swing, became very emotional and sensitive and oh the dramatics!

This stormig off and threatening to run away is very in character for some young ladies in that very difficult age as they approach the teens.

Not being argumuntative, it could also be the way you are suggesting/suspecting.

I just think there are other equally plausible explanations.

OMG your avatar! bwahahahaha.

Dan was barred from having contact with Lyric too. She was present during the assault on Misty and witnessed the whole thing. So was Tammy.

Really great posts I just read - so many. One thought I had about where the bodies were found, if they were found a bit apart is that the perp dumped them two separate nights or made two trips etc and he didn't remember exactly where he placed the first one, just a general idea. This goes against my feeling that they were walked in there and killed there, because that's my first inclination. I also think there's one perp and the police have an idea who it is. Isn't the dad going to end up going to jail soon? He might want to be there, if you know what I mean.

Then why would she need to run away? She could just hang up the phone.

Wylma stopped her and soothed her, which implies she was running away from Dan not Wylma.

Does no one else see what I'm getting at?

I'm not too good at reading between the lines, I'm too literal. Are you thinking Dan was also living with Misty and Lyric at Wylma's house?:waitasec:

I don't believe Lyric ever intended to run away. IMO, it was a play for sympathy from Wylma. I'm not being harsh on Lyric, I'm just trying to think like a girl her age. Dad scolds her, she thinks nobody loves her, and packs her stuff to run away, hoping grandma would do just what she did - hug her and tell her not to go. JMO

FYI-there are blizzard conditions in the eastern part of South Dakota and the Interstate [90] has been closed from the middle of South Dakota to the eastern border. Iowa and Minnesota, you have bad weather on the way. :(

I hope the site where the girls were found can be cleared before the weather hits.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/73381/group/News/

Well, in the greater sense, it's a good thing. We're about 10 inches short of rain here and a foot of snow only makes an inch of water. So the more snow the better.

Time to hustle Mr Grainne out for the ingredients for French toast! It's the Iowa thing to do. On snowy evenings, I instruct him on how to make it and add my secret ingredients, then he cooks it.

The secret ingredients are whatever is in the spice caddy that smells right to me! It's never the same twice and every time, he says that was the best batch ever and did I keep track of what I put into it?

But they rode there anyway many times...didn't that man watering the lawn see them that day and many other times to the point he knew Elizabeth? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes you are right. From my own personal experience though, when my grandchildren went 'missing' a neighbor said he saw them down the road "all the time". And I know for a fact that they had never left our land. Sooooo, take it for what it is worth. IMO

tl..lolol
I have a boar's head over my fireplace..with a mink in his mouth, with a caiman in it's mouth, with an egg..you know where this goes..(Christmas for husband last year..doubt I can top it this year!)

Any local news releases??

OMG your avatar! bwahahahaha.

Dan was barred from having contact with Lyric too. She was present during the assault on Misty and witnessed the whole thing. So was Tammy.

Thank you fo that info. So Wilma may have been allowing D access to visiting with Lyric and M ( unauthorized) in her home and told on herelf.

See, I always said Wilma was doing waay too much talking to the pres in those early days, bless her heart. I think it ended up doing more harm than good :(

Well, in the greater sense, it's a good thing. We're about 10 inches short of rain here and a foot of snow only makes an inch of water. So the more snow the better.

Time to hustle Mr Grainne out for the ingredients for French toast! It's the Iowa thing to do. On snowy evenings, I instruct him on how to make it and add my secret ingredients, then he cooks it.

The secret ingredients are whatever is in the spice caddy that smells right to me! It's never the same twice and every time, he says that was the best batch ever and did I keep track of what I put into it?

That sounds like me and my chili making!

Waterloo is gonna just miss the snow, north of there will get it.

I used apple pie spice the other day for French toast. I've also been known to put Grand Marnier or Meyer's Rum or Remy, not so much on vodka, no flavor. :D

We're all recovering from strep, it's goulash night here!

Thank you fo that info. So Wilma may have been allowing D access to visiting with Lyric and M ( unauthorized) in her home and told on herelf.

See, I always said Wilma was doing waay too much talking to the pres in those early days, bless her heart. I think it ended up doing more harm than good :(

Great avatar but I miss the hawk.

Isn't sad that a g-ma, worried about her baby girl, has to measure her words?

I completely know what you're saying...and I think it makes complete sense.

Yes, and I also will bet that the parents were in the same room at motel... you know, where they went to get some sleep. (BTW, I don't care how many reporters were in their yard, I was amazed that parents would leave home when their child was missing, possibly kidnapped.)

I'll go even further out on this limb and suggest that, perhaps, they didn't even bother to tell LE they were going to the motel. IMHO, they seemed awfully surprised/irritated that LE was banging on their motel room door in the middle of the night.

And, I thought it awfully strange that when reporter was asking Dan abt the disappearance of his dau, he starts talking abt the other time dau was late coming home making such a point (IMO) of how both times he was at his mother's home, where he lived, when his wife telephoned him again to say that dau was missing.

And totally O/T: why on earth would the attic door where Lyric lived be kept locked?!?

Yes, I've switched from hot tea to wine...

Yes, and I also will bet that the parents were in the same room at motel... you know, where they went to get some sleep. (BTW, I don't care how many reporters were in their yard, I was amazed that parents would leave home when their child was missing, possibly kidnapped.)

I'll go even further out on this limb and suggest that, perhaps, they didn't even bother to tell LE they were going to the motel. IMHO, they seemed awfully surprised/irritated that LE was banging on their motel room door in the middle of the night.

And, I thought it awfully strange that when reporter was asking Dan abt the disappearance of his dau, he starts talking abt the other time dau was late coming home making such a point (IMO) of how both times he was at his mother's home, where he lived, when his wife telephoned him again to say that dau was missing.

And totally O/T: why on earth would the attic door where Lyric lived be kept locked?!?

Yes, I've switched from hot tea to wine...
BBM - Hummmm. 1. Each one of my 6 bedrooms has a key lock because items kept coming up missing and accusations flew, and fighting ensued. I have a key and the child has a key. 2. I also have key locks on a couple of closets, a storage area, and the basement door. Why? Because they are a disaster and someone could get hurt and it was easier to lock them than clean them out. :blushing:

Sep 13, 2012 3:04pm

"“Today marks two months since the disappearance of 11-year-old Lyric Cook and 9-year-old Elizabeth Collins,” Rick Abben, chief deputy at the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office, said in a statement Thursday. “Both girls were last seen on July 13 at 12:15 p.m. riding their bicycles away from the Collins residence in Evansdale. We have information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert DR. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-missing-2-months-authorities-plead-for-help/

I still don't think thats a credible sighting. The lawn watering guy is who they are referring to and he oriiginally said between 12:30 and 3:00. He also said that they did that a lot. But I'm pretty sure that Elizabeth had a tighter leash, and her parents would not have allowed it. This sighting was ignored for a long time. I don't think LE is convinced its credible either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop