IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something just occurred to me.

The lawn watering man may not have been the only person to report seeing the girls. Witnesses go to the media of their own accord, LE doesn't usually release their names.

I've long believed that if I were in some way a witness to a crime, I wouldn't out myself to the media. For many reasons, not least of which is it seems to me to be darned inconvenient! I mean, those media people, they call people. On the telephone! I'm the person who thinks an iTouch is perfect because it doesn't have that pesky phone feature.

And what suddenly occurred to me is this: what if the lawn watering man was never given credence by LE but they had some other witness who placed the girls on Gilbert around the same time?

Would that change anyone's theory of the crime?

That depends. Would the mystery witness have seen them before or after TG claimed to? :waitasec:

I posted earlier about a child molester currently with an address in Waterloo, with another address on Gilbert Avenue in Evansdale (right across from Myers lake).. now I find he also was accused of kidnapping when he was 17 in Readlyn back in 2005!

Thanks for posting this information. I definitely feel the perp would fit into this age range. Scary locations for our girls for sure.

Yes, I have the articles, etc. about this child molester that
I found from the newspapers, etc. but I don't think we are allowed to post them, can we?

I posted earlier about a child molester currently with an address in Waterloo, with another address on Gilbert Avenue in Evansdale (right across from Myers lake).. now I find he also was accused of kidnapping when he was 17 in Readlyn back in 2005!

Wow that's a link to both locations if there ever was one!! Holy crap!!

Yes, I have the articles, etc. about this child molester that
I found from the newspapers, etc. but I don't think we are allowed to post them, can we?

I think as long as he is a RSO we can discuss him. His name is already out there if he is a RSO. Let me check the beginning of the thread. Nursebeeme posts the rules there, I believe.

Ty for info. Very interesting.

I for one, hope they don't (perhaps prematurely) place a bench at Meyers lake due to the possibility that they weren't abducted from there... just MO, of course...

Abducted from there or not, Meyers lake has become a gathering place. There is already a makeshift memorial there. I personnally think they'll blow past that $3000 goal.

That is over 100 lbs of dead weight. Would have to be a really strong man. jmo

Actually, with all due respect, I would have to sort of disagree here. I am only 5'4" and weigh less than 110lbs. I took care of my elderly mother for over 3 years, and most of that time she was wheelchair bound, totally unable to even sit up. Essentially, she was close to 'dead weight,' even unable to hang onto me, and I routinely had to transfer her every day from bed, to chair, to even in and out of a car not set up for a handicapped person, single-handed. AND she weighed at LEAST my own weight! (I had even had to pick her up off of the floor when she slid, yes SLID, out of bed) While I would have been hard pressed to have actually carried her any distance, I could lift her with relative ease. I have carried well over half my weight with ease, too, such as packs, animal feed, etc., all 'dead weight'.
Lyric was between 130-140 lbs, it was reported (although that weight also could have been a big exaggerated). A man, far and away stronger physically than I am (female), weighing 200lbs or so, and especially someone used to lifting and carrying heavy weights, could easily carry Lyric quite some distance, even 'dead weight,' IMHO. Take, for example, a man used to... oh, I don't know, carrying hay bales?

bumping this up.. and this warning lands at random: several more posts that involved sleuthing the family have been removed just from today alone. From this point forth if you sleuth the family or post speculation about them you will be put on the timeout list. The rules are easy to follow. If you have any questions about them please pm a moderator. Again, this lands at random.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

Bumping up for new members and myself as a reminder.

I think as long as he is a RSO we can discuss him. His name is already out there if he is a RSO. Let me check the beginning of the thread. Nursebeeme posts the rules there, I believe.

Thanks. If I can post on here the public information I found with his name, etc. I will. He is a convicted child molester.

Well, in the greater sense, it's a good thing. We're about 10 inches short of rain here and a foot of snow only makes an inch of water. So the more snow the better.

Time to hustle Mr Grainne out for the ingredients for French toast! It's the Iowa thing to do. On snowy evenings, I instruct him on how to make it and add my secret ingredients, then he cooks it.

The secret ingredients are whatever is in the spice caddy that smells right to me! It's never the same twice and every time, he says that was the best batch ever and did I keep track of what I put into it?

We use this in New England: http://www.universalhub.com/french-toast

Thanks. If I can post on here the public information I found with his name, etc. I will. He is a convicted child molester.

Do you have links? You mentioned newspaper articles. Are they recent or from 2005? Thank you!

Pray he is right. ;)

We have 2 seasons here in the Black Hills...SNOW and THE OTHER STUFF.

I always say we have 3 in Minnesota: Winter, Winter is Coming, and Thank God Winter is Over. I think it's a lot the same for you over there.

It's going to be a gorgeous day here and I might go to the beach.

Sorry :D

Now I am very envious. The day would be called anything but gorgeous here.

Well not quite beach weather here, but it is 69 degrees F, dark and 5:46pm. And it's December over here in the East.... I'll take it. There could be a hard frost tomorrow night -- who knoze?

That depends. Would the mystery witness have seen them before or after TG claimed to? :waitasec:

I don't know. I don't think LE is counting the TG sighting, since he was quite clear that it was before 12:30 pm based on the log of his call to his daughter.

Do you have links? You mentioned newspaper articles. Are they recent or from 2005? Thank you!

Yes.. may I post them then? Some are from 2005 when he was in Readlynbeing held on kidnapping charges.. didn't have time yet to look for a conviction yet.

Ty for info. Very interesting.

I for one, hope they don't (perhaps prematurely) place a bench at Meyers lake due to the possibility that they weren't abducted from there... just MO, of course...

I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice if they could place something at each girls' schools. Although if it was a bench it would be quite expensive.

I always say we have 3 in Minnesota: Winter, Winter is Coming, and Thank God Winter is Over. I think it's a lot the same for you over there.

In Iowa, we have winter and road construction season (which includes repairs; with a road bordering every square mile of the state, there's a lot of repairs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha