IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, Mr. C could easily have been mistaken over the sighting on that particular day if he did feel he saw Elizabeth ride by there "almost every day." No fault there, he intended to help. (BTW, his wife was gone all that time, so she could not have seen them)
IIRC, as to Heather that day, she was at a doctor's appointment, not 'working,' and even children might be a bit anxious as to the outcome of that appointment, making it even more likely that the girls would stick closer to home that day, waiting for Mom/Aunt Heather's return. WC (and Lyric) were daily visitors, as WC stated, to help Heather out with the kids due to her heart condition, but that day was "unusual" due to that appointment, leaving WC as sole "kid watcher."

I highly doubt those girls were ever near Meyers Lake that day, on their own. That the bikes and purse were staged, and Mr. C was simply confused as to seeing what he thought was a "regular thing" that day. Despite LEs alluding later on to "other eye witnesses" near there, no one else stepped forward early on to collaborate Mr C's sighting, only (MAYBE) later. Doubtful, at best, IMHO.

I agree, but then where does that leave TG's statement? Hmmmmm.

Rick Abben, chief deputy, is the source for the girls being seen between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert Dr. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.

They were specifically looking at the Gilbert and Elmer area, not the area near the lawn watering man, which was 3 blocks away.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-missing-2-months-authorities-plead-for-help/

He is asking for anyone to come forward who was in that area, as arbutus and Elmer lead to Meyers lake. Again no one has come forward - as far as I know - to confirm that siting By Mr. C the Lawn Watering Guy.

I have a relative who lives on Elmer near Gilbert, not that that makes me an expert.

New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
RULES ON SEX OFFENDERS. WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO ON WEBSLEUTHS
It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.
It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths.

It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim.
In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information.

Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law.

I think it should be fine posting the info chelsea.

Ima

Ok.. Here is what I found.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/regional...cle_058a1176-1bd3-5e2d-8313-ec7f04e36bf1.html

http://www.iowasexoffender.com/locations/16095/?lastname=FITZ&firstname=CHAD&type=simple#Locations

http://maps.yahoo.com/#tt=&q=601+Gi...=42.464374&lon=-92.289345&zoom=17&mvt=m&trf=0

Not meaning to be argumentative here at all, but...". We have information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert DR. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.” That statement does sound as if he IS referring to Mr C's claims, and that the direction he thought the girls were headed in, without stopping to chat/say hello, btw, was toward the Meyers Lake park entrance.
Eye witnesses, sadly, are notorious for being wrong, even with the best intentions. It's possible the girls were down there, but I personally still maintain there is no reliable proof they were.

You and I are on the same page!

Chelsea's & my guy are two different SO's. hmmm DAM are my guys initials.

This is as close as I have to a theory: I think the perp acted alone.

I think he lived in the area as a young man and is familiar with the area because of that, but might have moved away since. I doubt if he's much older than mid-20's and could be much younger.

I think it was a crime of opportunity. He might have been looking for a victim, or he might have encountered them by accident.

I think they were probably dead before the search was really under way. I think he was active in the search and may have chosen the location where he left them because he knew it was outside the search area.

I think the bikes were staged. I kind of think the girls really did head toward the lake, or some other spot outside the range they were permitted, but I don't think they ever made it that far.

Not meaning to be argumentative here at all, but...". We have information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert DR. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.” That statement does sound as if he IS referring to Mr C's claims, and that the direction he thought the girls were headed in, without stopping to chat/say hello, btw, was toward the Meyers Lake park entrance.
Eye witnesses, sadly, are notorious for being wrong, even with the best intentions. It's possible the girls were down there, but I personally still maintain there is no reliable proof they were.

The lawn watering man lived on Lake Ave near S Evans Road, not Gilbert, and not Elmer. Police mention Gilbert and Elmer at 12:30. The lawn man mentions Lake Avenue and S Evans Road between 12:30 and 3 PM. I believe they are two separate pieces of information, not one where police got their roads wrong.

Didn't dogs hit on the girls scents at the lake too?

Aunt tammy described the dogs appeared to follow the girls scents from where the girls bikes were found to the grassy area near the bike trail that was an area near the road (I thinkk) but to my knowledge LE never confirmed that the dogs found a scent trail.

I wonder if someone with mapping ability could click on Chelsea6 links and map the Waterloo address with Lyrics grandmothers (both) and maybe Tammys too. And also the Evansdale address mapped with Elizabeths home. Please????

Oh, I definitely agree with you.

This case just screams of local knowledge.

My personal theory is that one thing that ties both locations is that they are very close to places teens are known to use for partying.

One reason the type of road matters is because it makes a difference in the maintenance. One theory that has been posted (I can't remember who, my apologies) is that the perp does road maintenance for a living.

Gravel roads have the shoulders mowed 2-3 times a year to keep the vegetation down and to prevent trees from taking over. They're graded once every year or every other year (<grrrrrrh>) and they get gravel dumped on them on about the same schedule.

Dirt roads, such as Maiden Lane, are usually not maintained at all. If someone needs that road to access their property it is up to them to keep it accessible unless something big happens, like the road washes out.

So if the road into 7 Bridges really is classified as a dirt road, that pretty much eliminates road maintenance as the way that area was found.

Looking at the photo, it looks too smooth to be a dirt road. It looks to me like it is definitely classified as gravel. Which opens up the road maintenance theory as a possibility.

For no real reason, though, I prefer the theory that the two places are linked as teen party spots.

270th is definitely a gravel road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member