IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So CF is not there at all, I called because I'm incredibly nosey, also, I am prodding for more info on that FB post that is so creepy. I will let you guys know to check it out if anything interesting comes about!

My friend in Cedar Rapids, who is several hundred miles away and does not normally follow crime, has heard a rumor about a junked car. (No name attached, just that a car was found.)

For some reason I can't read or see any comments under any of the mugshots. I am on the right fb page I think and can see his mugshot and vitals. Ayn significance to when the mugshot was posted (6 hours ago)? thanks for any info. Like who posts these mugs and what the criteria is.

Guys, I'm not a moderator and don't want to be too bossy, but I think we need to really be careful about discussing this FB page. I'm pretty sure we are not supposed to be discussing comments made on a FB page about CMF. As I understand it, we can discuss his court records because they are official records. But the FB page comments would, IMO, be considered rumor unless there is a link to MSM that states the same thing.

I've seen threads get closed before for not following the rules, so maybe we should err on the side of caution and not post about comments made on that page, no matter how tempting it is to talk about. JMO

tlcox

Facebook is being weird for me right now and it won't let me see new comments.. just keep refreshing :)

The people who run it are anonymous, but they only post publicly available info. All the RSO come from the actual registry. They have only been up and running like 3 months. They tend to post the RSO in cycles. They also post the arrests and warrants for local people as well. NOt all.. just some. The people who run it allow any comments except pedophile defenders, they get their comments removed and are banned from the site.

With CF, his pic was posted before early on when the site went up, then he cyclecd around and was posted again maybe 2 weeks ago. but they posted him for a 3rd time, stating the post from 2 weeks ago got erased.. now i think that is kinda fishy MOO

It's not the first site of it's type to go up, there is a NOrth Iowa mugshots as well that covers northern Iowa (Mason City area). Run the same why Cedar Valley mug shots is

Of course like everyone else, I have no clue what happened, but I struggle with the real elaborate plans like taking the bikes and then returning to stage them. Or leaving your phone somewhere so it pings somewhere while you are committing a crime somewhere else. I just don't know that people go to those lengths unless they are really close to the victim and know that they will be the prime suspect. I just don't see all of that in this case. I think this is a sick person or persons that did what they did with little foresight. All only my opinion.

I agree that my example is not likely. I was adding to the idea that a perp would need to turn off his cell phone. It would be much simplier to leave the cell phone at home if he was concerned about it. Whatsmore, no one knows that the perp owns a cell phone. It's all speculation. More ideas may originate from speculation and that's about all we have at the moment.

I don't agree with there being little foresight, however. He took two children in the middle of the day without being caught as of today. I believe that took planning to some extent.

tlcox

Facebook is being weird for me right now and it won't let me see new comments.. just keep refreshing :)

The people who run it are anonymous, but they only post publicly available info. All the RSO come from the actual registry. They have only been up and running like 3 months. They tend to post the RSO in cycles. They also post the arrests and warrants for local people as well. NOt all.. just some. The people who run it allow any comments except pedophile defenders, they get their comments removed and are banned from the site.

With CF, his pic was posted before early on when the site went up, then he cyclecd around and was posted again maybe 2 weeks ago. but they posted him for a 3rd time, stating the post from 2 weeks ago got erased.. now i think that is kinda fishy MOO

It's not the first site of it's type to go up, there is a NOrth Iowa mugshots as well that covers northern Iowa (Mason City area). Run the same why Cedar Valley mug shots is

Did the third posting of his picture happen after we at WS started showing interest in him, or before? Just wondering...

Guys, I'm not a moderator and don't want to be too bossy, but I think we need to really be careful about discussing this FB page. I'm pretty sure we are not supposed to be discussing comments made on a FB page about CMF. As I understand it, we can discuss his court records because they are official records. But the FB page comments would, IMO, be considered rumor unless there is a link to MSM that states the same thing.

I've seen threads get closed before for not following the rules, so maybe we should err on the side of caution and not post about comments made on that page, no matter how tempting it is to talk about. JMO

Ok. We will try to behave.

I agree. We should err on the sid of caution in this instance.

My understanding abou fb is no cutting or pasting comments. Comments can be paraphrased but ARE considered rumors. No sleuthing and linking of individuals pages who are not directly linked to case via msm.

In addition, RSOs public info can be posted but no harrassing of them.

We have two sticky areas to navigate here.

So lets be very very careful.

Did the third posting of his picture happen after we at WS started showing interest in him, or before? Just wondering...

There was talk on here about him the past couple days, and he showed up for the 3rd time earlier today...

My thinking is branches were cut and "snapped off" to conceal the bodies that were placed on the ground. Not sure how much greenery would be on each branch? We see piles of branches which I doubt would naturally fall in a pile.
I also wondered if some type of "leanto" was placed in this area; but so risky for the perp to spend any amount of time with the victims.
All's I really know for sure is the perp is one sick person! Urgh!!

I read that LE removed branches and brush to aid searching the area. This is what I recall. I don't have a link and can't look for it right now. MOO

Would someone please explain to me who CMF is or at least point me in the right direction to find information on him and his possible involvement in this?
TIA

Would someone please explain to me who CMF is or at least point me in the right direction to find information on him and his possible involvement in this?
TIA

Registered sex offender that has ties to certain areas of interest regarding the girls.

I wasn't following the talk too closely as i've been really busy!

tlcox

Ty. Tablet being weird and clicks ty button sometimes dont stick. Mine to you would not. I appreciate the answers to my questions.

Wondering if the girls had to be killed because they knew or saw something?
Would of told someone?
and put allot of people in trouble?
thinking out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads