IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Progressforwards post#409 and Foxfires #426. Sorry I will learn how to link. I am new to this. Been here all along and just feel so sad how this turned out. These conflicting statements have me baffled. Along with "who done it".

So LE has officially come out and said that there is reason for parents to be cautious. Interesting that they would do that now. Makes me wonder if maybe a test result didn't come back with the answer they expected. Just speculatin'.

My speculation is that last summer, right after the girls disappeared, there was no reason to issue any warnings because every parent who was going to take precautions was already doing so and the rest wouldn't change their behaviour anyway.

But now five months have gone by and parents are starting to relax. Which is normal, living in a state of high alert perpetually is basically a description of PTSD. This is the time when parents need to be reminded that there may be a predator in the community.

All I can think of is the sisters have not talked in awhile.
Maybe in the same room, hearing the same person and others talking,
but themselves not speaking.
I have seen this even at funeral homes.
Relatives devided, blaming each other etc.
Yes they spent 3 days together but apart......KWIM?

So LE has officially come out and said that there is reason for parents to be cautious. Interesting that they would do that now. Makes me wonder if maybe a test result didn't come back with the answer they expected. Just speculatin'.

Or they want the perp to relax and not think LE are on to him.

I thought you all might enjoy reading this website-it is really relevant in this case.

http://what-when-how.com/forensic-sciences/recovery-of-human-remains/

also there has been much discussion about bodies being found or remains.

This article mentions BOTH and specifically mentions remains 2 times. I thought there was a difference? If so, why would this article use both terms?

And officials have concluded the autopsies of the remains, although the results aren’t finalized.

The Iowa Medical Examiner’s Office in Ankeny completed the autopsies of the remains on Friday, according to Dr. Dennis Klein. He said the results remain pending the outcome of further tests.

BBM

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_eb5c81b6-42db-11e2-b39a-001a4bcf887a.html

Since the girls have been found I thought they were recently placed there but if it is remains that were found then I was wrong.

I am still up in the air as to whether I think the girls were luerd to and taken at myer or bikes staged. Have always leaned towards staging but waffle at times.

Wondering which girl suggested the bike ride. Whose bike was lyric riding? Her own? an extra at the Collins home? Was her own bike brought from waterloo in the trunk? If so, at whose suggestion?

Just questions rolling round in my brain. Not really expecting anyone to know the answers.

Lyric was living at Wylma's house, so I assume the bicycle was kept there.

Regarding who suggested the bike ride, I believe both girls asked if they could ride their bikes. It was something they liked to do.

I'm with you about the bike staging. I'm 90% sure the bikes were left behind when Lyric and Lizzie were abducted. The other 10% of the time I wonder if the bikes were placed there afterwards.

My speculation is that last summer, right after the girls disappeared, there was no reason to issue any warnings because every parent who was going to take precautions was already doing so and the rest wouldn't change their behaviour anyway.

But now five months have gone by and parents are starting to relax. Which is normal, living in a state of high alert perpetually is basically a description of PTSD. This is the time when parents need to be reminded that there may be a predator in the community.

maybe some townspeople did not worry because they thought it had somethng to do with the drug world and those closely involed and not them?

Also if the perp(s) are SO, I would think it would be time to do the THRILL
sooner than 5 months.

This is a true mystery........if only we had a few clues to go by

all is speculation

Originally posted by Foxfire #426
RE: Facebook awareness

Otto, not sure if I am agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion about the credit deserved by facebook. Imo, facebook & other social media sites have become very good awareness tools in missing/murdered persons investigations.
The GA case of missing Ivy Merck is only one of many that were solved due to the awareness provided by facebook combined with the growing influence of crime sleuthing internet forums such as Websleuths. The missing/murdered families & organizations are growing rapidly in numbers each year due to these amazing sites, imo. MS Media, both local & national follow these sites creating additional exposure that would ordinarily be given little or no attention.
The American public is the most valuable resource in missing/murdered persons investigations, imo..

Family's perseverance, social networking led to recovery of missing Athens woman
By JOE JOHNSONupdated Monday, September 17, 2012
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2...g-athens-woman

What is the question formerjerseygirl?

Progressforwards post#409 and Foxfires #426. Sorry I will learn how to link. I am new to this. Been here all along and just feel so sad how this turned out. These conflicting statements have me baffled. Along with "who done it".

But this was the evening they met at church after finding out about their daughters. I was under the impression that Misty had been at rehab so they may not have spoken to each other in "quite some time" but surely just finding out your children have been found would have led to some discussion between them. I know this does not help solve anything but I just found it odd.

I think way too much is being read into "bodies" vs. "remains". Sometimes LE use one word, while the ME may use another. I don't think they are hinting at length of time the girls were there before they were found. JMO

Evansdale Police chief interview from today-At the end of the interview, he warns parents to be cautious with their children at this point.

"Smock says law enforcement has taken this case very personal and they will keep working until those people involved are brought to justice. He says for now, parents need to stay cautious.

"We don't know at this point who is out there. I wouldn't ask people to become paranoid but I would ask them to be cautious and to use good common sense when we are out and about and what you're doing with your children," said Smock"

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20317006/2012/12/11/evansdale-police-chief-says-he-wants-justice

BBM - I just caught something that the Sheriff Smock said. I don't know if its a clue but mentioned those people involved. I wonder if they have concluded that more than one person is involved here. Just a thought!

All I know is I can't tear myself away from CVM facebook. It's like a bad soap opera, one I've seen before. Interesting too if it's true.

sorry for the ot but what does bbm stand for could not find it in the abbreviations

(snipped)
"We don't know at this point who is out there. I wouldn't ask people to become paranoid but I would ask them to be cautious and to use good common sense when we are out and about and what you're doing with your children," said Smock"

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20317006/2...-wants-justice

'Parents must always be diligent & aware, imo'.. Sad, but true...

5 New Child Abduction Incidents Reported - YouTube

Uploaded on Sep 3, 2009
More child abduction cases are reported, this time from three southern Iowa towns.

Respectfully,
I would not think that parents were relaxed. The girls bodies/remains were just found. I think this would bring renewed fear and interest in the case and parents would be on high alert. Before the bodies were found anything was possible but now this is their reality.

I am glad that he did make the statement. Maybe LE wasnt even sure until they saw the condition of the bodies and does tell them there is a danger to other children.

JMO

I was also thinking they might be delaying Lyric's until Misty's out of the halfway house (January 30th IIRC - link was posted earlier today). I'm guessing they'd give her a "pass" or something if she wanted to have a celebration sooner, but IMO it would be very difficult to plan it, focus on it as much as I imagine she'd want to, choose music, put together slide shows, etc. from where she is.

I agree & this is what I think also. It will help Misty most with counselors during this rough period and planning a celebration of life can also help her cope with her loss. Her sister has a stronger support group and the most powerful counselor of all; God.
Misty may not be as strong as Heather. Drugs screw with a persons mind, self esteem and everything, and then there is guilt. I feel sorry for both sisters at the loss of their daughters; such a heavy burden.
Look at the impact this has had on each of us; not even close to what they are going through.

sorry for the ot but what does bbm stand for could not find it in the abbreviations

BBM = Bolded By Me (usually to emphasize part of a previous post in your statement)

I bolded your "bbm" :)

All I know is I can't tear myself away from CVM facebook. It's like a bad soap opera, one I've seen before. Interesting too if it's true.

Socks? Didn't one of the Presidents have a cat named Socks? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae