IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree.

I think that when the perp is caught, it will be someone somewhat familiar to the families but the connection is so tenuous that no family member thought of that person's name. They might not even know the perp's name, he may just be someone they've seen as they go about their every day lives.

I think if it was someone with a close connection to any family member, they would have been arrested by now.

BBM

I think it's someone whose absence would have been noticed during the initial hours of the search for Lyric and Lizzie. Not necessarily a close friend but someone familiar, who would be expected to participate in the search for the girls. IMO. And I also think he was back in Evansdale before the girls' bikes were found in the initial search (approx. 4 p.m.) JMO

No, AuntTB has no apparent sense of size or distance. The wooded area near the lake that she's talking about is maybe 2 acres. It goes along with her describing it as being 400 yards away. If it were that far, they'd be in the middle of the Flying J.

The reason the wooded area is so thick with vegetation is because it is so small that it is all essentially edge habitat. If it was 400 acres, the inner area of the woods would be sparsely vegetated.

My own impression of AuntTB is that she means well but she doesn't know what she doesn't know, so she says everything as though she knows it is absolutely a fact. In these parts, we'd describe her as "good hearted but excitable."

This is exactly my point about Aunt Tammy. In my opinion -- she is at the epicenter of this, but doesn't know it. There is a REASON she felt it necessary to teach the girls Stranger Danger lessons the week before they were abducted. There is a REASON that Lyric was with Tammy's 11-year old daughter during the first mysterious (albeit temporary) disappearance on 7/9. There has to be a reason why Tammy keeps saying they rode to/near the lake, when the rest of the family denies it. There is a reason that Tammy's 14-year old was being lured by a man in his '20s shortly after 7/13 and the police were called. And there is a reason that Tammy instinctively told the family to go look at the lake. This whole thing somehow revolves around her/someone she knows -- but she obviously doesn't know it!

Sadly this is a disturbing reality of life. I never realized how many people are actually murdered and or sexually assaulted until i started following missing persons web sites. Its unbelievable how many occur every week, every day!

I also believe that some of these people who have killed have major mental changes due to Meth and hallucinogen drugs (or drugs that may cause them) (both pharmaceuticals and street). Others i think are born with a propensity for it, whether circumstancial or otherwise.

I have to work double time on positive thinking as to not become so brought down & depressed and negative by the things i read about. I like the "higher thoughts and higher energies", would gladly remake the world into the heavenly place.

I really give credit to those in medical and LE fields who manage to work with the horrible things in life & remain positive lights!

I really do believe the truth will come out in the girls case......i feel it will be solved in time.

Artzy

bbm

Beautifully said, Artzy! All of it. Thanks, I needed that today!

I wonder if LE ever checked Tammy's daughter's computer to see if Lyric and Tammy's daughter had been conversing with anyone online? Or for that matter if they ever checked Tammy's daughter's cellphone? Please don't think that I'm accusing Tammy's daughter of any wrong doing here because I'm not. A lot of times these kids don't know who they are talking to online.

A little off topic here. Do we know if LE follows this board or others like it? I would think a perp, if he/she had the education and means to follow a site like this, would. And therefore LE might have reason to as well. I'm envisioning someone tracking IP addresses of non registered users. That sounds like something the FBI would be capable of. Maybe I've watched too much tv, who knows.

To my knowledge no COD has been released, no statement that it has been determined, but i could be wrong & missed it.

I wonder due to the fact misty wanted no media at Lyrics, funeral(?) and the Collins have said the do not want to know the COD, i wonder maybe they will not release a COD to the general public? add to that they were minors.....are parents able to stop that from being made public? due to the age of the victims & parental wishes?

Artzy

I would think that an Autopsy Report is (will be) available as public record.

I have no idea of the laws of Iowa, but in NC, anyone can request a written copy & it will be mailed to the requestor -- it will not include the autopsy photos (all part of the Sunshine Law). Someone can also request a viewing of the autopsy pics if they schedule a viewing at the ME's office. Just a viewing -- no copies furnished, no photos to be taken by the viewer.

(Someone much earlier on this board had asked for Sunshine Law info of the members' individual's states...)

A little off topic here. Do we know if LE follows this board or others like it? I would think a perp, if he/she had the education and means to follow a site like this, would. And therefore LE might have reason to as well. I'm envisioning someone tracking IP addresses of non registered users. That sounds like something the FBI would be capable of. Maybe I've watched too much tv, who knows.

I have thought about that as well. I think it's possible. Some sickos enjoy their own press. that Canadian guy Luka Rocco Magnotta was apprehended in Germany at an Internet cafe googling himself after he murdered/dismembered a young man and videotaped himself doing it. And then he posted it online. Anything is possible. But I know the police were watching YouTube and various sites because they knew he would go online at some point.

I think that LE might monitor boards like this one, especially in larger cities where LE has more manpower. I also think LE checks out FB pages, just like many of us do. JMO

I think that LE might monitor boards like this one, especially in larger cities where LE has more manpower. I also think LE checks out FB pages, just like many of us do. JMO

Ken Smock, the evansdale police chief, is a member of at least a couple of the Liz and Lyric facebook pages. If hes not a member of Cv mugshots, he should be!

O.k. I'll do it right now. I hope this helps find the killer!! :please:

Nobody was there, just a recording to call back later.

I think it was MNdad who gave the scenario of two perps abducting them and taking them to 7 bridges. If its not your guy and CF, then it is certainly a person with a similar personality who may have gone along with something like this but is going to be scared to death of this person, and would never come forward with that information. Unless of course he was questioned, and then he would probably easily crack. Yep, that's the profile of our 2nd guy, for sure.....

Good work!! Thanks for calling this in!!

Question for those who think CMF is the best suspect, his first offense was in 2006. What is your opinion on no other charges for the last 6 years?

Don't know the answer. Since we are not permitted to sleuth the family my guess is we will never know. Unless someone has checked her out on their own and wants to pm those of us who would like to know. I am on that list by the way.

I would like to be on that list also.

O.k. I'll do it right now. I hope this helps find the killer!! :please:

Nobody was there, just a recording to call back later.

Week-end or holiday...call the FBI # to get a real live person 24/7 to give a tip.

Tip line

Authorities are asking anyone who saw the girls to call the Tip Line, (319) 232-6682 or e-mail to OURMISSINGIOWAGIRLS@dps.state.ia.us. The tipline is manned 24 hours. NOT!
A reward of $150,000 has been established for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.
Other tip lines:
- Crime Stoppers Hotline at (855) 300-8477
- FBI tipline at (402) 493-8688
- DCI tipline at (515) 725-6010

Good evening everyone! Happy New Year.... almost!

Catching up on finding the new thread and reading everyone's amazing posts! Thank you!

At this point, I believe Meyers Lake is a total red herring.... The girls never made it that far. Yes, I know the aunt says the dogs were positive in showing the girls' scent was at the lake and the FBI lady also said it in a MSM statement. But, I don't believe the FBI. I think the girls were dead already when the FBI was telling us they believed the girls were still alive. I do think local LE and the FBI think the perp is close, either living or working in Evansdale. Whomever abducted the girls took the bikes at the same time. It had to be a van or some type of delivery (maybe a meat delivery truck for restaurant, grocery store, etc.) vehicle. They went straight to 7-Bridges and did the deed came directly back and staged the bikes at Meyers Lake. Maybe they even took Elizabeth's purse and drug it around so the dogs would follow that scent ? Doubt it though. One perp, doubt two could keep a secret. The girls were killed because they could identify the perp, either by where he worked or where he lived. Just pure speculation. Thanks for reading. :)

What if somebody was mad they weren't able to see one of the other family member females and did this either just because they were mad, or they thought they would be able to get close to the family member?

Oh and I don't have anybody in mind. Just thinking out loud.

Question for those who think CMF is the best suspect, his first offense was in 2006. What is your opinion on no other charges for the last 6 years?

I have no idea if CMF is the best suspect or not. There are some coincidences in his background but I always keep in mind that in every case I've ever followed, there is always at least one really amazing coincidence that turns out to be nothing.

Speaking generally, if the perp in this case had a 6 year gap in charges, my suspicion would be that the first charges were a wake up call for him and he then got smarter about what he was doing.

Or, it's possible that like BTK and Gary Ridgway, the perp may have had a relationship that was enough to keep him in line for a prolonged period of time. It could be that the perp only acts out when he is stressed and unhappy.

Good evening everyone! Happy New Year.... almost!

Catching up on finding the new thread and reading everyone's amazing posts! Thank you!

At this point, I believe Meyers Lake is a total red herring.... The girls never made it that far. Yes, I know the aunt says the dogs were positive in showing the girls' scent was at the lake and the FBI lady also said it in a MSM statement. But, I don't believe the FBI. I think the girls were dead already when the FBI was telling us they believed the girls were still alive. I do think local LE and the FBI think the perp is close, either living or working in Evansdale. Whomever abducted the girls took the bikes at the same time. It had to be a van or some type of delivery (maybe a meat delivery truck for restaurant, grocery store, etc.) vehicle. They went straight to 7-Bridges and did the deed came directly back and staged the bikes at Meyers Lake. Maybe they even took Elizabeth's purse and drug it around so the dogs would follow that scent ? Doubt it though. One perp, doubt two could keep a secret. The girls were killed because they could identify the perp, either by where he worked or where he lived. Just pure speculation. Thanks for reading. :)

BBM

The bikes were seen by a jogger at 2 PM, so it isn't possible that the girls were first taken to 7 Bridges Park and their bikes were later taken to Meyers Lake.

" Authorities are still searching for anyone who may have been at Meyers Lake before 3 p.m. on July 13, the day two cousins vanished from the community.

There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html

"On Friday, July 13, 2012, Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook went for a bike ride in their hometown of Evansdale, Iowa, a small town that borders the eastern side of Waterloo, Iowa. The girls were seen riding their bikes at 12:30 p.m. that day. At approximately 2:00 p.m., their bikes were found near a gate on the trail that goes around Meyers Lake. Elizabeth and Lyric are still missing."

http://www.iowa.gov/odcp/docs/missingIowagirls.pdf

BBM

The bikes were seen by a jogger at 2 PM, so it isn't possible that the girls were first taken to 7 Bridges Park and their bikes were later taken to Meyers Lake.

" Authorities are still searching for anyone who may have been at Meyers Lake before 3 p.m. on July 13, the day two cousins vanished from the community.

There was a gentleman who regularly runs around the lake. He didn’t see either one of the girls ... but he did see their bikes and he was able to pinpoint the time of the day that he saw the bikes. Small details like this are really important to the investigation,” she said."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_507d9bca-d2b1-11e1-8f0b-0019bb2963f4.html

"On Friday, July 13, 2012, Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook went for a bike ride in their hometown of Evansdale, Iowa, a small town that borders the eastern side of Waterloo, Iowa. The girls were seen riding their bikes at 12:30 p.m. that day. At approximately 2:00 p.m., their bikes were found near a gate on the trail that goes around Meyers Lake. Elizabeth and Lyric are still missing."

http://www.iowa.gov/odcp/docs/missingIowagirls.pdf

Thank you otto! 2:00 is not when I thought the bikes were found, my mistake. I'm about 1 hour or more behind. So, there goes my idea that the bikes were taken with the girls... not enough time between the girls were last seen and when the bikes were found for the perp to have driven to 7-Bridges and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard