IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We measure uneven land in our business of building all the time so to guestimate the distance is only just that, a guess. My op, it's 50' max between their bodies. I believe 37' is more accurate from studying it. Thanks for the visuals again Otto.

We measure uneven land in our business of building all the time so to guestimate the distance is only just that, a guess. My op, it's 50' max between their bodies. I believe 37' is more accurate from studying it. Thanks for the visuals again Otto.

This was no disneyland abduction. Whether there were one or two perps (I'm leaning towards one) involved, these children didn't have a chance after arriving at Meyers Lake. Why were their bikes at the lake? Did they ride them there and, if so, why? What lured them ... where were they lured? I find it really hard to believe that two girls randomly decided to race to the SE tip of the lake, park their bikes at the gate, go through the gate and sit by the drainage pipe of a leech infested lake. That simply doesn't make sense ... so it must be either a lure or a staging. Snatching two girls and their bikes seems like a stretch, as does staging bikes, but at the same time, the girls taking off on their bikes after 53/60 minutes that they were allowed to cycle, that also seems like a stretch.

This was no disneyland abduction. Whether there were one or two perps (I'm leaning towards one) involved, these children didn't have a chance after arriving at Meyers Lake. Why were their bikes at the lake? Did they ride them there and, if so, why? What lured them ... where were they lured? I find it really hard to believe that two girls randomly decided to race to the SE tip of the lake, park their bikes at the gate, go through the gate and sit by the drainage pipe of a leech infested lake. That simply doesn't make sense ... so it must be either a lure or a staging. Snatching two girls and their bikes seems like a stretch, as does staging bikes, but at the same time, the girls taking off on their bikes after 53/60 minutes that they were allowed to cycle, that also seems like a stretch.

Disneyland? Where did you get that from in my posts?

I believe even a family member abducted the girls. A not so nice one possibly or distant. At least that's my op at the moment. Subject to change at any moment as it's my God given right. ha ha! I'm very greatful to be wrong. I love info.

Were they lured to the lake with some promise of something, perhaps they were seen near Elmer and Gilbert, perhaps they encountered the person that lured them at that intersection and then they took Lake Avenue (maybe the lawnwatering man's wifes' times are off a bit) to Arubutus to get to the SE tip of Meyers Lake while the perp drove down Maiden Lane? If the girls asked for directions to the gate at the Elmer and Gilbert entrance to the park, wouldn't most people suggest the trail near the dock and to the West? Is that part of the trail any more popular than the area around the SE tip of the lake?

Disneyland? Where did you get that from in my posts?

I believe even a family member abducted the girls. A not so nice one possibly or distant. At least that's my op at the moment. Subject to change at any moment as it's my God given right. ha ha! I'm very greatful to be wrong. I love info.

Not your posts. I remember some reference to Distneyland in one of the early threads.

There's something so twisted about this that I don't think a family member is involved. This happened near Elizabeth's house, in Elizabeth's neighborhood. How often was she out riding her bike by herslef before this happened? There was a weekly farmer's market in the parking lot adjacent to home ... was she ever there on her bike by herself, or with siblings? Did she meet someone there ... someone that she was friendly enough with to recognize outside of the Sunday market.

Not your posts. I remember some reference to Distneyland in one of the early threads.

There's something so twisted about this that I don't think a family member is involved. This happened near Elizabeth's house, in Elizabeth's neighborhood. How often was she out riding her bike by herslef before this happened? There was a weekly farmer's market in the parking lot adjacent to home ... was she ever there on her bike by herself, or with siblings?

BBM

IIRC, early on someone posted that if the girls were taken to send a message to somebody, they hoped the girls had been taken to Disneyland and would return safe and sound once the message was received.

BBM

IIRC, early on someone posted that if the girls were taken to send a message to somebody, they hoped the girls had been taken to Disneyland and would return safe and sound once the message was received.

I've never heard of a kidnapping victim, message or not, that ended up in Disneyland. It's a difficult case to face head on because it involves such a dangerous man.

Because the white coverings seem narrower at one end, I'm assuming that is the area of the skull. The two coverings appear to have the narrower end towards each other. I think this could be one perp that abducted two children and threatened the life of the other to control the one he was attacking. They are within sight and hearing distance of each other ... he most likely had total control of the two children. I thnk that it was probably all over fairly quickly, maybe even before police discovered the bikes, as was suggested upthread.

I don't think that they were shot.

I agree that one perp could have controlled both girls, and that it was over fairly quickly.

If the girls weren't shot, what is your opinion on how they died?

I agree that one perp could have controlled both girls, and that it was over fairly quickly.

If the girls weren't shot, what is your opinion on how they died?

Having head about some of the characteristics of people like this, I think they prefer strangulation. Sometimes strangulation occurs during the assault.

A gun would be noisy and draw attention (assuming that this gun enthusiast doesn't have a silencer for a child abduction), even if it was off-season near a deer hunting park. A lot of hunters use crossbows. One shot could be a clean shot on a deer, two shots would get someone's attention ... like people that lived close by on the acreages.

Thanks Marilyn & Otto. They didn't make it to Disney sadly. They didn't make it far from Brovan Street either without being abducted. It's a close area with names on every house. It could be someone from another county or counties. I don't dispell anyones guesses at this point as I just don't know what happened or who did it. creepy dude & jerk, may you suffer in prison the rest of your life, a bad one too. jmo

I've never heard of a kidnapping victim, message or not, that ended up in Disneyland. It's a difficult case to face head on because it involves such a dangerous man.

The only time I've heard of a missing child winding up at Disneyland was when a non-custodial parent took her young child and fled to Florida. During that time, she took her child to Disneyland. Well, actually, I guess it was Disney World.

Obviously nothing like that happened to Lyric and Lizzie.

I just can't see it unless it was a big guy, bigger than Lyrics dad maybe that could subdue both the girls without a weapon of some sort. I think a tazser could be involved or something. Something stopped them both Got me.

I just can't see it unless it was a big guy, bigger than Lyrics dad maybe that could subdue both the girls without a weapon of some sort. I think a tazser could be involved or something. Something stopped them both Got me.

I don't think he'd have to be all that big. I'm thinking back to when my sister and I were that age. If a man had grabbed her and told me to do what he said, I would have complied. I would have been so scared that something bad would happen to my sister. JMO

Thanks Marilyn & Otto. They didn't make it to Disney sadly. They didn't make it far from Brovan Street either without being abducted. It's a close area with names on every house. It could be someone from another county or counties. I don't dispell anyones guesses at this point as I just don't know what happened or who did it. creepy dude & jerk, may you suffer in prison the rest of your life, a bad one too. jmo

Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Denver, Oelwein, Readlyn, Evansdale ... probably Evansdale ... I bet that they were grabbed fairly close to the perp's home and left in the Seven Bridges County Park because he knows that area from living there too.

Think about it for a minute ... there's physical abuse, and psychological abuse delivered by men that appear to be charming. These girls were probably abducted by someone that is able to exert some sort of control and authority over the chidlren. Maybe they were shocked, and maybe one was grabbed and the other tried to get her back ... and got caught too.

He either grabbed them on Brovan Blvd., or he lured them to the lake. There's no way that they happened to be cycling where they were not allowed to be ... when they had 7/60 minutes remaining until they had to check in ... when a murderous child-abducting perp just happened to be in that secluded area at the very same time.

okay websleuthers, what do you guys think?

do you think this case will be solved/they will have a perp soon? or do you think it'll go cold.

IMO I think it may go cold. They don't seem to be any closer to finding someone than they were before these two angels bodies were discovered. hope I'm wrong!

So is it true that the bike guy TG ? said that he was the one that leaned the bikes on the fence, in saying that he moved them from the path. Or did I dream that?

okay websleuthers, what do you guys think?

do you think this case will be solved/they will have a perp soon? or do you think it'll go cold.

IMO I think it may go cold. They don't seem to be any closer to finding someone than they were before these two angels bodies were discovered. hope I'm wrong!

It's more than five months cold and the only reason there is news is because a couple of hunters stumbled across the children's shoes. Investigators don't have a clue, and we know that they were not searching other parks in the area. I think that this happens from time to time ... a crime is by no means perfect, but the dots aren't lining up yet. Given the nature of the crime, this person will do this again ... in fact, he's probably struggling with himself to hold back, and at the same time looking at ways to abduct another child and get away with it.

So is it true that the bike guy TG ? said that he was the one that leaned the bikes on the fence, in saying that he moved them from the path. Or did I dream that?

That did not happen. The cyclist did not see the bikes at the drainage pipe gate. He saw two bikes on another part of the trail, probably East of the gate.

Today my thoughts are with Dan, Misty, Dillin, Wylma and everyone else who loved Lyric.

As I've stated before, I feel particularly sad for Wylma. It appears she had a very special relationship with Lyric. Her grief must be overwhelming.

And I worry about Misty - I feel that she may be the least capable of dealing with the terrible tragedy of Lyric's death.

I hope today's celebration of Lyric's life brings the entire family some peace.

Today is about you, sweet Lyric.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...3x403/599200_553112761371183_1305209413_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr