IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because we want to know something doesn't necessarily mean LE owes it to us.

I don't feel LE owes the community anything just for its peace of mind. I do think LE owes it to the families of these two little girls to find their killer and bring him to justice. And if they have to remain tight-lipped in order to do this, then let them remain silent. I don't see LE's silence as evidence that they have no new information on this case, just that they see no need to make that information public.

Obviously a well-informed community is a safer community, but I still don't understand what it is you think LE could tell the community at this point that would make it any safer. JMO.

You've mentioned a serial killer a couple of times. IF (and it's a big if, IMO) a serial killer was responsible, and LE announced that, how exactly would that make the community safer? I assume parents are already as protective of their children as they can be. How would they protect them from some nameless, faceless serial killer? All that would do is ratchet up the fear level, IMO.

Like you said, we'll have to agree to disagree on what LE owes the community.

You seem to be under the impression that I think LE owes the community more information at THIS point in time, when I have repeatedly said I don't think LE HAS anything to share at this point. I'm scratching my head over this.

I am not going to get into owing or not owing the community anything. But this LE was silent for a long time considering two little girls were missing, IMO, and the girls were only found by chance, not by LE. I would be feeling pretty uneasy if I lived there, wondering if LE was baffled.

But then I tend to follow missing persons cases where LE is far too silent and the outcome has been no movement in the case, no arrest, no victim located. So it makes me wonder if silence is really golden.

Just because we want to know something doesn't necessarily mean LE owes it to us.

I don't feel LE owes the community anything just for its peace of mind. I do think LE owes it to the families of these two little girls to find their killer and bring him to justice. And if they have to remain tight-lipped in order to do this, then let them remain silent. I don't see LE's silence as evidence that they have no new information on this case, just that they see no need to make that information public.

Obviously a well-informed community is a safer community, but I still don't understand what it is you think LE could tell the community at this point that would make it any safer. JMO.

You've mentioned a serial killer a couple of times. IF (and it's a big if, IMO) a serial killer was responsible, and LE announced that, how exactly would that make the community safer? I assume parents are already as protective of their children as they can be. How would they protect them from some nameless, faceless serial killer? All that would do is ratchet up the fear level, IMO.

Like you said, we'll have to agree to disagree on what LE owes the community.

I don't think that the public needs regular police updates to continue to be wary of a possible abduction. If a couple of years pass and it doesn't happen again, then I think people will let down their guard, but not now.

I don't think that the public needs regular police updates to continue to be wary of a possible abduction. If a couple of years pass and it doesn't happen again, then I think people will let down their guard, but not now.

In total agreement!

That's what I think, too. This isn't a case anyone is likely to forget anytime soon, with or without updates from LE.

We can only hope. Just considering the possibilities is a frustrating reminder of the Caylee Anthony case. Sickens me. Let's pray LE has more to work with in this case.

Iowa does not stay as hot and humid as Florida does. I mean, there's a reason why Iowans go to Florida for winter vacations!

Also, the younger the victim, the faster decomp goes.

So it's reasonable to hope that there was still relevant evidence left in this case.

In the recent long interview with the Collins, they stated that they told LE that they didn't want to hear any information on the way the children were killed and anything else about the facts of the case. So I take it we will not hear anything new, because the Collins don't want it reported.

BUT DID Lyrics mom say that also???

Not sure why I feel this way, but I feel that this is a ONE perp crime.

Me, too. I don't think one person would have had any trouble controlling Lyric and Lizzie, whether by threats or by using a weapon.

Are we allowed to discuss JJB from the Cedar Valley Mugshots FB page? I had a thought about him I wanted to share.

Yours is my thought also -

Definate use of a vehicle -

Daylight or waited until evening - ? Daylight carries a risk factor. Going to the 7-Bridges site at all carries risk. How does he handle that risk?

Drugs possibly mixed with child sex - ? Knew the girls or one of them?

I'm curious as to why you think going to 7 Bridges carried any particular risk for the perp.

Also, keep in mind that if the perp was a sociopath, he's the kind of guy who would deliberately crash a fighter jet just for giggles, even though doing so carries a high risk of death. How do the various risks involved in abduction, sexual assault and murder compare to that?

Me, too. I don't think one person would have had any trouble controlling Lyric and Lizzie, whether by threats or by using a weapon.

I don't think so either. And maybe I feel that way because I just don't like to think that there are TWO people running around off-kilter enough to murder two little girls. I also think if there were two...one would have had a crisis of conscience by now.

You seem to be under the impression that I think LE owes the community more information at THIS point in time, when I have repeatedly said I don't think LE HAS anything to share at this point. I'm scratching my head over this.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know what you have said. The points I feel we have to agree to disagree on are (1) whether LE owes the public anything if they had something to share and (2) how releasing any information to the public would make the community safer.

I think we've run this subject into the ground, so let's just leave it at that. Again, let's agree to disagree. Thanks.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I know what you have said. The points I feel we have to agree to disagree on are (1) whether LE owes the public anything if they had something to share and (2) how releasing any information to the public would make the community safer.

I think we've run this subject into the ground, so let's just leave it at that. Again, let's agree to disagree. Thanks.

Thank you. I feel the same :)

I'm curious as to why you think going to 7 Bridges carried any particular risk for the perp.

Also, keep in mind that if the perp was a sociopath, he's the kind of guy who would deliberately crash a fighter jet just for giggles, even though doing so carries a high risk of death. How do the various risks involved in abduction, sexual assault and murder compare to that?

Going with your gut GrainneDhu, do you think was a sociopath? Just curious as to what your gut is telling you. Your responses are always so interesting. I would like to know which theory you are going with.

This appears to be a confirmation of the ?tweet one of our WSers posted in the last thread regarding Lyric's family requesting that media not attend little Lyric's services... services which are open to the public include a visitation to take place prior to the celebration of life.

My hope for today is that none of the family members will be so overcome with grief that they make a public deplay of themselves... this day, IMHO, should be about Lyric's life... about precious Lyric's painfully short life.

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...neral-saturday-we-ll-respect-family-s-privacy

Iowa does not stay as hot and humid as Florida does. I mean, there's a reason why Iowans go to Florida for winter vacations!

Also, the younger the victim, the faster decomp goes.

So it's reasonable to hope that there was still relevant evidence left in this case.

The formula for decomposition is y=1285/x where y = # days, x = average temp in Centigrade. They would have been completely skeletonized by the time that they were found (145 days later).

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...gCQi2P&sig=AHIEtbRy_HrwLOQVSWLW5qzrNRAYoHqIdQ

This appears to be a confirmation of the ?tweet one of our WSers posted in the last thread regarding Lyric's family requesting that media not attend little Lyric's services... services which are open to the public include a visitation to take place prior to the celebration of life.

My hope for today is that none of the family members will be so overcome with grief that they make a public deplay of themselves... this day, IMHO, should be about Lyric's life... about precious Lyric's painfully short life.

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...neral-saturday-we-ll-respect-family-s-privacy

If it were my child, I would not be able to grieve in front of the media. I am glad to see that they are respecting the wishes of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr