DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG... and wow... did you and/or anybody really read that link ?!?[/quote]

Funeral held for Lyric Cook
2012-12-29T15:19:00Z Funeral held for Lyric Cook North Iowa Media Group
2 hours ago

EVANSDALE (AP) — Residents in Evansdale are looking for closure as the second of two eastern Iowa two girls found dead in a wooded area is laid to rest.
Mourners were saying their final goodbyes Saturday at a funeral service for Lyric Cook.
Residents say Lyric's funeral will provide some peace for the town, but real closure hinges on finding the person, or people, who killed the girls.
The bodies of Cook and her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, were found on Dec. 5, about 25 miles from where they were last seen. Elizabeth was 8 and Lyric was 10 when they vanished while bike riding in Evansdale on July 13.
A memorial service for Elizabeth was held Dec. 13.

I have read the linked article and am confused as to what you are implying foxbluff :confused:

ETA could you be more straightforward in what specifically you want us to see in the brief article?

Please and thank you.

OMG... and wow... did you and/or anybody really read that link ?!?[/quote]

Funeral held for Lyric Cook
2012-12-29T15:19:00Z Funeral held for Lyric Cook North Iowa Media Group
2 hours ago

EVANSDALE (AP) — Residents in Evansdale are looking for closure as the second of two eastern Iowa two girls found dead in a wooded area is laid to rest.Mourners were saying their final goodbyes Saturday at a funeral service for Lyric Cook.
Residents say Lyric's funeral will provide some peace for the town, but real closure hinges on finding the person, or people, who killed the girls.
The bodies of Cook and her cousin, Elizabeth Collins, were found on Dec. 5, about 25 miles from where they were last seen. Elizabeth was 8 and Lyric was 10 when they vanished while bike riding in Evansdale on July 13.
A memorial service for Elizabeth was held Dec. 13.

ARE these key words that you are thinking about?
or the dates July 13 and Dec 13???

Here is an article with just a bit more detail. This one refers to the celebration of life for Lyric while the other article calls it a funeral. Is it the semantics that are the hang up? Still perplexed here? To me a funeral and a celebration of life are often one and the same?

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...-for-missing-cousin-is-this-afternoon/viewart

Family members have said holding Celebration of Life services instead of funerals is a way to recall the happy memories from the young cousins’ lives instead of the way that they died.

The Celebration of Life service today is open to family members, but not the media.

IMHO: yes

Please re-read it.

I am honestly not trying to be obtuse but you are being uncharacteristically cryptic IMHO.

We have followed several cases together and I have always found you to be a straight shooter so this confuses me even more.

Can you relieve my confusion and just spit it out? It seems I am simply too blind to see what you are showing us.

The scary thing is, this killer is still walking amongst us.

I think it's possible that the man in the video is thinking about a different locataion. That is, he walks through the corn field to the West of 7 Bridge Park. We don't see that terrain in any of the aerial photos. I think the X on the left is approximately where the former owner thinks the girls were killed and the X on the right is approximately where we have matched the aerial photos to the maps.

bodylocation.jpg

Otto, I agree with your markings on the map. The man pointed to the white trees at the edge of the field while they were still driving and then when they reached the fork in the road, he told them to go left, when all of us that have studied the photos, knew that they needed to turn right. I don't think that he was anywhere near the actual site of the girls. I was quite disappointed in the video that no one took the time to properly research the aerial photos prior to the interview and we got a tour of the wrong area of the park.

If they are calling it a funeral does that mean her remains have been returned? And yes, I winced when I typed that. Or is that old news?

Wow... simply wow...

Am I really the only one here who is thinking of sweet, innocent, little Lyric today?!?!?

I have never been as disappointed in my fellow posters here than I am today...

I think of Lyric EVERY day. That's why I'm here!

:banghead:

Frustration.

To me, jenandemmie's theory (post #3) is reasonable.

The perps (plural) very well could be a couple of young, video-game playing punks with lots of time on their hands in the summer. They even may have been grooming one or both of the girls with this very plan in mind.

They lured the girls to the lake, grabbed them, and took them to the 7 Bridges place, which they knew from partying there - and which they probably knew would be isolated.

They walked the girls in, sexually assaulted them, and murdered them, right there.

Horrid to contemplate, but highly possible.

I believe this is most likely the correct scenario. The only thing I would change is the video game player reference. The kids I know (one being my own) that play video games, tend to be much more introvert and they aren't out and about in the sun, unless a parent makes them. They don't tend to stray outside their comfort zone and are much happier inside and not conversing when they don't have to. My son and his friends aren't horribly introvert, but are quite shy and much more comfortable with a keyboard than they would be grooming younger girls. They don't really "party" either.

Besides that, I agree. I posted a similar scenario quite some time ago.

EDT: I would be more concerned with a video game playing punk cowardly shooting up a school of innocent children than I would be of them showing the courage to abduct two girls in broad daylight (my son and his friends excluded, of course :) )

If they are calling it a funeral does that mean her remains have been returned? And yes, I winced when I typed that. Or is that old news?

If I recall correctly, an earlier article said Lyric was to be cremated and placed in a special urn created by monks in Iowa, but my impression was that would be later.

If I recall correctly, an earlier article said Lyric was to be cremated and placed in a special urn created by monks in Iowa, but my impression was that would be later.

Really? Do you have that link?

I read the article you originally linked, the short one Otto linked, and the DM Register blog - each one multiple times. What am I missing?

Thank you, Tennlyn!

BBM - And yes... that is a great deal of what my problem is!

While general, interesting posts were going on here today, I kept going off-site in order to find some mention of poor little Lyric's "memorial" taking place today... the best I could come up with were those that have already been posted above... (wow... am I the only one that can refer to them as lame?!?)

Putting the family and the banning of the press aside, am I really the only one here who weeps as much for poor innocent little Lyric as I do for poor little Elizabeth?!?

People who have attended the service for Lyric are posting pictures on the FB pages devoted to the girls.

Misty wrote a letter about Lyric outlining some of her qualities and special family times. She described the love she and Lyric shared as "squishy". The kind where you squish one anothers faces and hug tihly, telling one another over and over how very much you love one another. She told Lyric how very proud the family was of her and who she was.

She also described Lyric's close relationship with he cousins and her love of creating dance routines to perform with them.

Tears. For this family, for this community.

It sounds like a moving service.

I so wish I coud have been there.

Thank you, Tennlyn!

BBM - And yes... that is a great deal of what my problem is!

While general, interesting posts were going on here today, I kept going off-site in order to find some mention of poor little Lyric's "memorial" taking place today... the best I could come up with were those that have already been posted above... (wow... am I the only one that can refer to them as lame?!?)

Putting the family and the banning of the press aside, am I really the only one here who weeps as much for poor innocent little Lyric as I do for poor little Elizabeth?!?

I respect family privacy, but admit that nothing issaid about a beautiful service or anything. Just a few sentences. It makes me wonder how opposite 2 sisters can be??? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae