IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Tennlyn!

BBM - And yes... that is a great deal of what my problem is!

While general, interesting posts were going on here today, I kept going off-site in order to find some mention of poor little Lyric's "memorial" taking place today... the best I could come up with were those that have already been posted above... (wow... am I the only one that can refer to them as lame?!?)

Putting the family and the banning of the press aside, am I really the only one here who weeps as much for poor innocent little Lyric as I do for poor little Elizabeth?!?

Now it's MY turn to say WOW. I will leave it at that.

Thank you, Tennlyn!

While general, interesting posts were going on here today, I kept going off-site in order to find some mention of poor little Lyric's "memorial" taking place today... the best I could come up with were those that have already been posted above... (wow... am I the only one that can refer to them as lame?!?)

Putting the family and the banning of the press aside, am I really the only one here who weeps as much for poor innocent little Lyric as I do for poor little Elizabeth?!?

What?:notgood:

Thank you, Tennlyn!

I've wept more for Lyric. She reminds me of myself at that age, and frankly, I feel much more deeply for her because of her childhood.

Thank you, Tennlyn!

No, you are not. In fact, I have often thought that if I have another baby and it is a girl, I would name her Lyric. It is a beautiful name and it would honor her memory in my own small way.

I agree that it is sad for the media coverage of the 2 services to be unbalanced, but there was a news blackout on Lyric's. If the media have no details on the service, there is nothing for them to cover!

I respect family privacy, but admit that nothing issaid about a beautiful service or anything. Just a few sentences. It makes me wonder how opposite 2 sisters can be??? :(

By deciding to ask the media to stay away I am sure that limited the amount of coverage the press has or can give the service. I am glad the press respected the family's wishes even if it meant my only details about the service must be gleaned from social media sites.

BBM this portion confuses me. Is the implication that Misty is somehow less or not as good as Heather because Heather invited the press and Misty did not? Yes, sisters can be extremely different from one another.

And this discussion right here, is EXACTLY why I, for one was not bothered one bit by the lack of indepth conversation here about Lyric's service.

IMHO: yes

Please re-read it.

I've read the article several times and I am really kicking myself for playing this guessing game.

Are you freaking out because the article refers to a funeral service for Lyric? And if so, why does that freak you out?

I come from a culture that does not hold elaborate funeral rites but I do understand that most Americans do so. I am completely lost as to why a funeral service would be cause for such amazement.

I've read the article several times and I am really kicking myself for playing this guessing game.

Are you freaking out because the article refers to a funeral service for Lyric? And if so, why does that freak you out?

I come from a culture that does not hold elaborate funeral rites but I do understand that most Americans do so. I am completely lost as to why a funeral service would be cause for such amazement.[/quotI

comparison... it has, IMHO, to do w/equal dignity.

Heres the deal fellow members. Despite the lack of direct discussion that today was Lyric's service, every last one of us was likely intensely aware of it.

Not one of us would spend the hours we have following this case if we did not care for the girls.

I find myself very emotionally on edga and raw today. It seems to me that others are struggling with their emotions today as well.

I am feeling thin skinned and irritable, probably as a result of how very much I DO care. It is reasonable to assume others are also.

In the interest of this thread not derailing as to who cares most I extend a :hug: to each and every one of my fellow sleuths who has come here day after day because they hurt over what has happened to our girls.

Peace.

I think that the difference in coverage, Foxbluff, is not a reflection of Elizabeth being more important in anyone's eyes, but of the information available to the media. Heather and Drew did interviews and wanted the world to share in Lizzie's life. Misty opted for a more private celebration. I can both respect and appreciate both parents' decisions. But my first thought today was of Lyric.

This thread has gotten very offensive. Who are any of us to tell the others the proper way to show grief? To assume the discussion topics are a pure reflection of what people are feeling is assumptive and flat our wrong.

This case derailed my life this summer as I obsessed over these girls. I had to get a grip and remove myself for the sake of my business and the continued livelihood of my own family. That doesn't mean that I ever stopped thinking of these girls. It was the images of Lyric that first grabbed my attention because she reminded me so much of my own daughter. Same hair style, slightly overweight, same interest in softball, etc... I saw little Lizzie in my daughters friends, but it was lyric that drew me in because of the similarities and made me think of my little girl disappearing.

Everyone here cares just as much as the next person or they wouldn't be here. I see this every time I come back and pay a visit and wonder how they can keep doing it day in and day out.

To imply that one person cares more because in their own mind they weep more or weep louder is disrespectful to everyone. The thing that really attracted me to WS in the first place was the absence of the typical social media garbage and the presence of the most respectful conversations that I have witnessed on the web. I joined because I wanted to be part of that. This most recent conversation does not reflect this respect I have come to expect here.

Heres the deal fellow members. Despite the lack of direct discussion that today was Lyric's service, every last one of us was likely intensely aware of it.

Not one of us would spend the hours we have following this case if we did not care for the girls.

I find myself very emotionally on edga and raw today. It seems to me that others are struggling with their emotions today as well.

I am feeling thin skinned and irritable, probably as a result of how very much I DO care. It is reasonable to assume others are also.

In the interest of this thread not derailing as to who cares most I extend a :hug: to each and every one of my fellow sleuths who has come here day after day because they hurt over what has happened to our girls.

Peace.

This thread has gotten very offensive. Who are any of us to tell the others the proper way to show grief? To assume the discussion topics are a pure reflection of what people are feeling is assumptive and flat our wrong.

This case derailed my life this summer as I obsessed over these girls. I had to get a grip and remove myself for the sake of my business and the continued livelihood of my own family. That doesn't mean that I ever stopped thinking of these girls. It was the images of Lyric that first grabbed my attention because she reminded me so much of my own daughter. Same hair style, slightly overweight, same interest in softball, etc... I saw little Lizzie in my daughters friends, but it was lyric that drew me in because of the similarities and made me think of my little girl disappearing.

Everyone here cares just as much as the next person or they wouldn't be here. I see this every time I come back and pay a visit and wonder how they can keep doing it day in and day out.

To imply that one person cares more because in their own mind they weep more or weep louder is disrespectful to everyone. The thing that really attracted me to WS in the first place was the absence of the typical social media garbage and the presence of the most respectful conversations that I have witnessed on the web. I joined because I wanted to be part of that. This most recent conversation does not reflect this respect I have come to expect here.

Hang in there with us MNdad. We are a great group of caring individuals. But we are not perfect people. This has been a rough day emotionally for all of us.

We are getting back ontrack right now, right friends?

comparison... it has, IMHO, to do w/equal dignity.

But where Lyric is, worldly recognition makes no difference. Funerals are for the living, not the dead. To me, it shows respect for the family by honouring their request for no media presence.

Given that the family's preference was for no media present, what could the media do to report? Stream 3 hours of dead space? Had Misty and Dan invited media coverage, I'm sure the media would have been there in force. But that wasn't what they wanted and only some scummy paparazzi type would disregard that.

Some more info regarding Lyric's service:

Lyric very much enjoyed playing video games (particularly Mario Bro.s) with he own brother, D. They apparently loved to master each new Mario game that was released and spent hours playing the games together.

She enjoyed swimming off the dock at her paternal grandmother's house, sledding at the park during winter, and fishing during summer.

Lyric's parents chose to have a private celebration of Lyric's life without the media present and the media respected their wishes and rightfully so. I for one would have liked to seen her Life Celebration like I saw Elizabeth's but under the circumstances her parents' probably didn't want to get cornered into answer questions about their past as I assume is their reason for staying clear from the media in the first place since it was brought out about their criminal pasts. Lyric is just as important as Elizabeth was in my eyes. Bless these two little angels.

In the beginning there was a discuss about the skate park. Is it possible the girls met someone from the skate park that might be responsible for this?

In the beginning there was a discuss about the skate park. Is it possible the girls met someone from the skate park that might be responsible for this?

I think a skate park would be possible. I don't recall the skate park being mentioned because I may have joined after that, but when I picture the perp, I actually DO picture a male late teens to mid-twenties.

That's a good possibility, I think. If someone wants to grab a kid, they have to go where kids are. Sort of like Willie Sutton and banks (he was asked why he robbed banks and he famously said "because that is where the money is").

I wonder if Elizabeth and/or Lyric wanted to hang out with the older kids at the skate park. I think it is pretty normal for younger kids to look up to and want to be around the older kids. Plus, Elizabeth may have been introduced to some kids at the skate park through her older brother (12 years old).

This appears to be a confirmation of the ?tweet one of our WSers posted in the last thread regarding Lyric's family requesting that media not attend little Lyric's services... services which are open to the public include a visitation to take place prior to the celebration of life.

My hope for today is that none of the family members will be so overcome with grief that they make a public deplay of themselves... this day, IMHO, should be about Lyric's life... about precious Lyric's painfully short life.

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...neral-saturday-we-ll-respect-family-s-privacy

I believe this was my 1st post of today... (3) peeps here were ?brave enough to acknowlege the post/link...

P-l-e-a-s-e put aside any feelings you may have about my providing a link here and/or abt my opinion and/or about me as a poster...

My fondest wish is that somebody here would please, before this day is over, post an icon of a burning candle (or such) in memory of the life and death of Lyric. (I simply don't know how to do that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89