IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Tennlyn!

BBM - And yes... that is a great deal of what my problem is!

While general, interesting posts were going on here today, I kept going off-site in order to find some mention of poor little Lyric's "memorial" taking place today... the best I could come up with were those that have already been posted above... (wow... am I the only one that can refer to them as lame?!?)

Putting the family and the banning of the press aside, am I really the only one here who weeps as much for poor innocent little Lyric as I do for poor little Elizabeth?!?

I'm with you. :candle:

Foxbluff, please know that while some of the things said earlier hurt my feelings I do not hold you in lower regard for it as I know those comments have come from your own hurt - for Lyric.

Please friend, do not dwell on earlier exchanges, as I am working hard not to as well.

This has just been a tough day all round. Let me see if I can set up or locate an already existing cyber candle page for Lyric.

:hug:

from the case archive:

CC_BurnURCandle1.jpg

It is an incredible coincidence but not an unheard-of one. For instance, Etan Patz was abducted the very first time he walked to the bus stop alone. The first time their mothers allowed them to go to the state fair without adult supervision, Charlotte Kinsey and Cinda Pallett were abducted together.

There are some statements that suggest that this was not Elizabeth's first trip to the park unbeknownst to her own parents.

The reason parents have rules about how far from home a child is allowed to go, etc, is because as adults, parents know that bad things can happen. And sadly, something bad did happen to Elizabeth and Lyric.

I am aware that sociopaths/psychopaths can be intelligent, charming and charismatic. Not all of them are. For instance, Gary Ridgway was the opposite of all that. Robert Pickton was the opposite of all that.

bbm

Another was 4 y/o Derrick Robie, on his first walk to day camp by himself - one block from his home, when 13 y/o (yes thirteen) Eric Smith, his neighbor, somehow coaxed Derrick into the woods & killed him, August, 1993.

Yes, it does happen, GrainneDhu. Something as this and those you cited are just so unplanned, it must be doubly hard to solve. No prior meetings or conversations noted, nothing, no clues seen by someone before the event because there were none. Can't be ruled out...

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=LCM

I am not proficient at manuevering aound the linked sight and was unable to locate an existing group devoted to the memory of Lyric so I created one for us.

ETA to light your own candle in Lyric's honor simply click on an unlit one and post your thougts about her or for her.

I am so frustrated by the seeming lack of leads. This perp needs to be off the streets.

Feeling a lot of anger (hatred even) towards this person(s) right now. Only a truly ugly person could have done this thing. Only someone absoluely depraved could have put the community, the family through this hell.

bbm

Another was 4 y/o Derrick Robie, on his first walk to day camp by himself - one block from his home, when 13 y/o (yes thirteen) Eric Smith, his neighbor, somehow coaxed Derrick into the woods & killed him, August, 1993.

Yes, it does happen, GrainneDhu. Something as this and those you cited are just so unplanned, it must be doubly hard to solve. No prior meetings or conversations noted, nothing, no clues seen by someone before the event because there were none. Can't be ruled out...

Leibe (sp?)' the little boy murdered in NYC last year was also walking alone for the first time.

Let's assume for a minute that the rumor that the girls stopped at the grocery to ask for directions to Meyer's Lake is true.

Chelsea (or any local) -- if you were working at the grocery, how would you send the girls to Meyer's Lake? It seems to me that any adult local would say, "Oh, just hop on the bike path! It goes straight from here to there!"

The bikes were found on the bike path, so, again, assuming that rumor is true, it makes sense that they WERE told to take the path, and that at some point, they were followed to the spot the bikes were found (or abducted along the way and then their bikes were ridden a bit further down the path by the abductor(s). It just occurred to me today for the first time that the bikes were ADULT bikes (at least Lyric's was). So if they were subdued somehow (tazered/handcuffed in a car/chloroformed/locked in a basement), it wouldn't seem out of place at all for an adult male to be riding an adult bike down the path to the spot where the bikes rested.)

So my question is -- WHAT IS BETWEEN THE GROCERY AND THE SPOT THE BIKES WERE FOUND, ALONG THE BIKE PATH?! (Sorry, don't mean to yell. I'm just shocked I didn't think about this before!) Are there any businesses, RSOs, residences of known characters?

We've explored possible city street routes SO many times. But I don't recall reading any local's analysis of what is immediately off the northern part of the bike path.

bbm

How awful. And who would look at a 13 year old as a lethal threat?

Even in this day and age of forensics at the molecular level, the most common way crimes are solved is still the same as it was in 1912 and 1812: someone talks where LE hears about it. Modern forensics can prove a theory to a much greater degree than back then but it's old fashioned talk between humans that points the way.

Leibe (sp?)' the little boy murdered in NYC last year was also walking alone for the first time.

Austin Sigg just happened upon Jessica Ridgeway too as he was driving around. It was, sadly, wrong place, wrong time for her. It does happen. For as many cases as I think the parents did it (Madeleine McCann, JonBenet, Caylee Anthony, Ayla Reynolds, Lisa Irwin, Isabel Celis....I could go on and on), I can name just as many where the victim just happened to cross paths with someone who that day had decided to become a murderer.

I am not proficient at manuevering aound the linked sight and was unable to locate an existing group devoted to the memory of Lyric so I created one for us.

ETA to light your own candle in Lyric's honor simply click on an unlit one and post your thougts about her or for her.

That was very kind of you to set up. It was nice to be able to light a candle for Lyric.

That's a good possibility, I think. If someone wants to grab a kid, they have to go where kids are. Sort of like Willie Sutton and banks (he was asked why he robbed banks and he famously said "because that is where the money is").

I wonder if Elizabeth and/or Lyric wanted to hang out with the older kids at the skate park. I think it is pretty normal for younger kids to look up to and want to be around the older kids. Plus, Elizabeth may have been introduced to some kids at the skate park through her older brother (12 years old).

I wonder if LE has been thinking about this angle as well... Hope so.

Let's assume for a minute that the rumor that the girls stopped at the grocery to ask for directions to Meyer's Lake is true.

Chelsea (or any local) -- if you were working at the grocery, how would you send the girls to Meyer's Lake? It seems to me that any adult local would say, "Oh, just hop on the bike path! It goes straight from here to there!"

The bikes were found on the bike path, so, again, assuming that rumor is true, it makes sense that they WERE told to take the path, and that at some point, they were followed to the spot the bikes were found (or abducted along the way and then their bikes were ridden a bit further down the path by the abductor(s). It just occurred to me today for the first time that the bikes were ADULT bikes (at least Lyric's was). So if they were subdued somehow (tazered/handcuffed in a car/chloroformed/locked in a basement), it wouldn't seem out of place at all for an adult male to be riding an adult bike down the path to the spot where the bikes rested.)

So my question is -- WHAT IS BETWEEN THE GROCERY AND THE SPOT THE BIKES WERE FOUND, ALONG THE BIKE PATH?! (Sorry, don't mean to yell. I'm just shocked I didn't think about this before!) Are there any businesses, RSOs, residences of known characters?

We've explored possible city street routes SO many times. But I don't recall reading any local's analysis of what is immediately off the northern part of the bike path.

I missed the rumor. Where was I?? What was the rumor exactly? Can anyone fill me in? TIA!

Lyric had a pretty little purple Christmas tree & purple roses at her service today. Also alot of flower bouqets. It seems that someone at the service e-mailed several pictures to KWWL if anyone would like to see them. Forever in my heart, Lyric. :rose:

I missed the rumor. Where was I?? What was the rumor exactly? Can anyone fill me in? TIA!

It was on the FB group. Some workers from Fairway (?) Grocery were questioned by the FBI because Lyric and Elizabeth had stopped there to ask directions to the lake. This should be taken as rumor only here on WS, because it is from FB. (But it was very well sourced/verified on FB). :D

We have to call it a rumor because it came from FB. I had the link originally but the original FB page has since been combined with another page and you can't access the original.

Anyway...a gal whose son works at Fareway confirmed that her son had been questioned by LE twice regarding the girls stopping at Fareway and asking for directions to the lake.

She went into detail about her son being questioned and the other gal who was with her son also confirmed what she'd said.

I don't believe it to be made up. However...to make a long story short, yes it's rumor because of where it derived, however I'm considering it fact that the girls stopped at Fareway and asked for directions to the lake the day they went missing.

Oh, how beautiful, and for me, sacred, 'cox. Thank you so very much.

This has indeed been a day when all of us really needed a special way to honor this becoming-beautiful young girl with a "service" just for Lyric (how I love her name) and just for us. Again, thank you and your art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85