IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, info keeps the case on the forefront of everyone's minds. It may be at the forefront now because it is so fresh. But, over the course of time, people get complacent. Hearing from LE also gives a small bit of peace of mind. There have been many, many cases where info has been given out. I would be hard-pressed to name five cases where LE hasn't given tidbits of info here and there. The community should not know all that the police know, but info is generally given out if LE has any to give. In this case, I don't think there is any to give out. That is why I feel as though there have been no new updates. Nothing to tell.

But what tidbits of info from LE would provide peace of mind for the community? What would you like to hear from them?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just trying to figure out what LE could say at this point, other than naming a suspect, that would be helpful to the community.

I agree that people become complacent over time, but I don't think Drew and Heather are going to sit back and allow anyone to forget about Lizzie and Lyric. JMO.

ETA: I see that you have already provided an example of what you would like to hear from LE.

But what tidbits of info from LE would provide peace of mind for the community? What would you like to hear from them?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just trying to figure out what LE could say at this point, other than naming a suspect, that would be helpful to the community.

I agree that people become complacent over time, but I don't think Drew and Heather are going to sit back and allow anyone to forget about Lizzie and Lyric. JMO.[/QUOTE

I don't want to hear anything specifically. Not sure you understood my point. I'm saying that the reason we aren't hearing anything is because they don't have anything to tell us. I feel that when LE has something valuable to share, they share what is necessary with the public in the interest of safety.

I will give you an example. In the Green River case, LE drove up and down known prostitution areas, NOT to harass and arrest prostitutes, but to protect them. LE did everything short of shouting from the rooftops that a serial killer was preying upon prostitutes. LE posed as prostitutes in that case.

I really doubt it was a serial killer. There have not been any unsolved murders around the area that I can think of. Or any that were not gang-related/etc where none of the witnesses saw anything. ;)

If there is information that they felt would be helpful to release it would've been done. So, either they are grasping for straws (which I hope isn't the case) or they are holding it tight to the vest waiting to put the pieces together.

Again, personally I feel it had to be some sort of retribution or a sex offender. None of us who know Drew and Heather can think of any other scenario. And if it was retribution it may never be solved depending on how high up the chain it came from. For some time I and many other have leaned towards this especially with the reward $ amount as high as it is. If it was drug related it's significant if that amount of money won't shake anyone loose to give a tip. That tells me anyone involved would fear for their life if anything was said. Or, if it's an offender that is bad as well given that they were murdered. Either way there is a killer/killers still out there which scares the **** out of me.

That was my point, IowaFriend. Thank you. I also feel that if LE had info to share, they would. They almost have to. There is a big difference between believing a serial killer is on the loose and believing that this was retribution. While both kinds of perps are animals, they are different breeds altogether. I believe in the public's need to know when it helps them be vigilant about their child's safety. I just don't know what to think about this case. I guess nothing will ever make any sense until a perp is caught. I come up empty with every scenario.

All of us here feel the same way; no matter what there will be justice. It may take some time but eventually someone will make a mistake or something will be found.

Like so many others of us, I am getting so discouraged by the lack of anything new coming from LE or any other reliable and/or official sources. Yes, it's true they don't owe anyone anything (beyond the close family of the victims), but I wonder if they are as in-the-dark as we are. This is not to say LE is incompetent or are not spending any time on this case, but it's just so disheartening to find nothing new, day after day.

Maybe the (seeming) lack of evidence is due to the time involved in finding the bodies (this may indeed be a big problem), but to hear nothing is both saddening and scary to me. I keep having this image of the perp(s) lying back and just snickering and smiling at LE being so seemingly far from solving this one.

But who knoze, maybe tomorrow will be The Day. Let's keep hoping as we have been.
icon9.gif

In the recent long interview with the Collins, they stated that they told LE that they didn't want to hear any information on the way the children were killed and anything else about the facts of the case. So I take it we will not hear anything new, because the Collins don't want it reported.

I don't want to hear anything specifically. Not sure you understood my point. I'm saying that the reason we aren't hearing anything is because they don't have anything to tell us. I feel that when LE has something valuable to share, they share what is necessary with the public in the interest of safety.

I understood your point, but you also said in your original post that LE owes something to the community for its peace of mind. That comment is the one I don't agree with. JMO

It's a fact guys are inclined to hang around these types of places to watch the mechanics work on vehicles, or ask them questions about their vehicles. This garage is right where the girls would be going by.

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=16573153&stx=semi+repair&csz=E

Since it's located before the stop sign, could the driveway of this business have been a frequent turn-around spot for the girls? The huge garage doors open right up to the street. Somebody working there or visiting would have had to have seen the girls on their bikes.

In the 7 bridges video, the man said he hunted that exact area where the girls were found just a few days prior.Now wouldn't he have smelled the odor of decomposition? So this kinda tells me the girls were either recently put there, or they were skeletons.

I understood your point, but you also said in your original post that LE owes something to the community for it's peace of mind. That comment is the one I don't agree with. JMO

LE does owe the community something for its peace of mind. Most definitely. And when they have something, I think it will be shared. If not in its entirety, enough. I guess we will just agree to disagree on that point. I think a well-informed community is a safer community. Just MOO

Gosh, I must be the odd one out. I am never convinced that crimes will be solved, until or unless they are. Especially if no one is suspected early on.

I really doubt it was a serial killer. There have not been any unsolved murders around the area that I can think of. Or any that were not gang-related/etc where none of the witnesses saw anything. ;)

If there is information that they felt would be helpful to release it would've been done. So, either they are grasping for straws (which I hope isn't the case) or they are holding it tight to the vest waiting to put the pieces together.

Again, personally I feel it had to be some sort of retribution or a sex offender. None of us who know Drew and Heather can think of any other scenario. And if it was retribution it may never be solved depending on how high up the chain it came from. For some time I and many other have leaned towards this especially with the reward $ amount as high as it is. If it was drug related it's significant if that amount of money won't shake anyone loose to give a tip. That tells me anyone involved would fear for their life if anything was said. Or, if it's an offender that is bad as well given that they were murdered. Either way there is a killer/killers still out there which scares the **** out of me.

BBM. But there are serial killers like Israel Keyes who don't kill close to home, who go undetected for years. Not likely but still possible.

Because the white coverings seem narrower at one end, I'm assuming that is the area of the skull. The two coverings appear to have the narrower end towards each other. I think this could be one perp that abducted two children and threatened the life of the other to control the one he was attacking. They are within sight and hearing distance of each other ... he most likely had total control of the two children. I thnk that it was probably all over fairly quickly, maybe even before police discovered the bikes, as was suggested upthread.

I don't think that they were shot

bbm

Hmmm, otto. Agreed.

Is there anything "in season" for hunting in July in that area? Is that area used by hunters? The hunter "took us" on that tour, so seems like it is an approved hunting area... If the answers to either of those questions is "No," then wouldn't firing shots at that time of day also be risky? But OTOH, after all of the preceding risk-taking, would it even matter?

I have thought all along that they were strangled/suffocated (most likely, IMO) or maybe stabbed. Something quiet -- apparently no one heard the girls scream, if they did scream (likely, IMO, if there were only one killer), so why push your luck with firing a weapon? If the killer(s) was/were really evil, seems like they would end it by the ultimate control -- a close, "in your face" kind of thing. Rage, possibly? I mean, I know this sounds absolutely awful (please excuse), but if the girls were sexually assaulted, why not an equally horrible mode of death? Ohh, this was hard to put into words. Those little girls, those little sweet girls...

Oh, please, LE, we want to see him/them in front of a magistrate -- SOON.

In the 7 bridges video, the man said he hunted that exact area where the girls were found just a few days prior.Now wouldn't he have smelled the odor of decomposition? So this kinda tells me the girls were either recently put there, or they were skeletons.

I think it's possible that the man in the video is thinking about a different locataion. That is, he walks through the corn field to the West of 7 Bridge Park. We don't see that terrain in any of the aerial photos. I think the X on the left is approximately where the former owner thinks the girls were killed and the X on the right is approximately where we have matched the aerial photos to the maps.

bodylocation.jpg

LE does owe the community something for its peace of mind. Most definitely. And when they have something, I think it will be shared. If not in its entirety, enough. I guess we will just agree to disagree on that point. I think a well-informed community is a safer community. Just MOO

Just because we want to know something doesn't necessarily mean LE owes it to us.

I don't feel LE owes the community anything just for its peace of mind. I do think LE owes it to the families of these two little girls to find their killer and bring him to justice. And if they have to remain tight-lipped in order to do this, then let them remain silent. I don't see LE's silence as evidence that they have no new information on this case, just that they see no need to make that information public.

Obviously a well-informed community is a safer community, but I still don't understand what it is you think LE could tell the community at this point that would make it any safer. JMO.

You've mentioned a serial killer a couple of times. IF (and it's a big if, IMO) a serial killer was responsible, and LE announced that, how exactly would that make the community safer? I assume parents are already as protective of their children as they can be. How would they protect them from some nameless, faceless serial killer? All that would do is ratchet up the fear level, IMO.

Like you said, we'll have to agree to disagree on what LE owes the community.

bbm

Hmmm, otto. Agreed.

Is there anything "in season" for hunting in July in that area? Is that area used by hunters? The hunter "took us" on that tour, so seems like it is an approved hunting area... If the answers to either of those questions is "No," then wouldn't firing shots at that time of day also be risky? But OTOH, after all of the preceding risk-taking, would it even matter?

I have thought all along that they were strangled/suffocated (most likely, IMO) or maybe stabbed. Something quiet -- apparently no one heard the girls scream, if they did scream (likely, IMO, if there were only one killer), so why push your luck with firing a weapon? If the killer(s) was/were really evil, seems like they would end it by the ultimate control -- a close, "in your face" kind of thing. Rage, possibly? I mean, I know this sounds absolutely awful (please excuse), but if the girls were sexually assaulted, why not an equally horrible mode of death? Ohh, this was hard to put into words. Those little girls, those little sweet girls...

Oh, please, LE, we want to see him/them in front of a magistrate -- SOON.

It has been suggested that gun shots are so common in Iowa that I get the impression that it's a bit like the wild west, but I'm inclined to think that two gun shots in that area in July would be noticed by people in the surrounding acreages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21