IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that the children ever asked for directions and police certainly haven't mentioned that the children were seen anywhere near the Fareway store.

The children were on Brovan at 12:15. There is "information" that they were on Brovan at 12:23 and at Elmer/Gilbert/Arbutus between 12:30 and 1:00. That's it.

"Rick Abben, chief deputy at the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office, said in a statement Thursday. “Both girls were last seen on July 13 at 12:15 p.m. riding their bicycles away from the Collins residence in Evansdale. We have information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert DR. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.

“Law enforcement is asking for anyone that was in the Arbutus Ave. or Gilbert Dr. and Elmer Ave. areas or anywhere in Evansdale on that day that may have seen the girls to notify us,” he said.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-missing-2-months-authorities-plead-for-help/

Thanks! Is Fareway on Brovan?

I do find it strange that early on WSers went out of the way researching Misty and Dan but no one said anything about other family members, neighbors, or friends. The focus had been on Misty and Dan and RSOs. Now it is pretty much RSOs or someone that should be a RSO.

I do find it strange that early on WSers went out of the way researching Misty and Dan but no one said anything about other family members, neighbors, or friends. The focus had been on Misty and Dan and RSOs. Now it is pretty much RSOs or someone that should be a RSO.

It was easy to find out info about Dan and Misty because there was so much in MSM about them and their prior problems. In fact, at times it was hard to avoid hearing about them. I see nothing strange about knowing more about them than other family members, IMO.

If the girls were sexually assaulted then I agree, we are looking at either a RSO or a sex offender who hasn't been caught yet. JMO

Wondering if profilers think the perp is likely to be involved in domestic violence and/or sexual assault due to the stress of being a hunted murderer?
Would the perp look cold and mean as the alleged perp in this pic. might suggest?

http://globegazette.com/news/local/...cle_98383500-4ec2-11e2-92c7-001a4bcf887a.html

In the Jessica Ridgeway case, LE listed behaviors like that as something people should be on the lookout for. There's no reason to think he'd look cold and mean, though -- he might or might not. People don't go around wearing signs that say, "I'm evil."

Don't know the answer. Since we are not permitted to sleuth the family my guess is we will never know. Unless someone has checked her out on their own and wants to pm those of us who would like to know. I am on that list by the way.

Yeah, it just doesn't feel like a sex crime or drug revenge to me, which just leaves friend/family/acquaintance (and possibly thrill killer) situations.

It was easy to find out info about Dan and Misty because there was so much in MSM about them and their prior problems. In fact, at times it was hard to avoid hearing about them. I see nothing strange about knowing more about them than other family members, IMO.

If the girls were sexually assaulted then I agree, we are looking at either a RSO or a sex offender who hasn't been caught yet. JMO

I don't see anything strange about hearing more of Dan and Misty either. The police leaned very hard on them, but that goes with the territory. LE HAD to eliminate them first, IMO. Funny thing is, I never thought Dan was involved. Despite his past, I saw in him a genuine sense of grief that allowed me to check him off of my list of suspects rather quickly(not that my list matters at all lol). Other family members...well, it took me a bit longer. But I have removed all family members from MY list because, frankly, I think they would have been caught by now. I imagine the alibis of the entire family and their close associates have been thoroughly checked and re-checked. It's the lesser associates I worry about. A familiar face, but no one particularly close with the family.

Otto, I love reading all the plausibilities. It makes me wonder if it is possible that the perp/s gave them directions at Fareway, saw an opportunity, followed them or offered them a ride there?? Then dumped the bikes/ purse? Didn't the
Corn belt auctions video capture the girls carrying dark colored bags on their bikes? Would this mean that they'd already gotten directions and were racing toward River Forest Rd to get to somewhere? Meyers Lake? Or somewhere in between?

But then I think, this abduction does not seem spontaneous. It would seem to require much preparation. Locals, familiar with the area, who had lots of time to weigh their options?

You all know who my personal number one person of interest is. These are facts, you can look them up public documents/newspapers.

1. Convicted sex offender of a young girl
2. Accused of kidnapping in Readlyn, town closest to 7 bridges park
3. Known previous address was across from Meyers lake
4. Worked at meat processing plant, possibly witnessing some stage
of killing on a daily basis.

These are reasons I suspect.. not JUDGE this person. Maybe he was just in the wrong places at the wrong times, but I assure you, I realize he isn't the only person with odd similar links that could be to this case. And that's why I love it in here, so many theories, so many connections with people/places/things. I think we can really help!! :seeya:

Do yo have a link where Tammy states that Elizabeth visited friends that live at the lake or on Lake Avenue?

I'm still looking for a link, but in the meantime, I did find another one. It was suggested a while back that there was no reference to the Maiden Lane area except on this website. Tammy Brousseau first mentioned the Maiden Lane area in referencing the sewer pump building on Maiden Lane.
Note: yards should be replaces with feet.

July 19, 2012

"BROUSSEAU: OK. So then we watched the investigators put the crime scene tape up. They were down there for a very long time. I would say approximately three hours, maybe more, you know, doing their investigation.

And we went back around to the southeast side of the lake, where you can actually -- there is an old, like, sewer building. There`s an old garage that sits on this chunk of land that you can actually very easily go down a few blocks and access the back of the lake area from -- from that point you can.

"BROUSSEAU: I just wanted to say one more thing, you know, about those bloodhounds that were brought in by the FBI. They did one at a time. One for Elizabeth and one for Lyric. And I was explain to you, so the bikes were found right where those -- the rocky area is, where they`re guessing the girls may have entered the lake at.

But I was there, I watched the bloodhounds continue on into this dense forest area, which is about 400 yards. I watched them go into that area and they positively identified both girls were at that location.

GRACE: Right, at the edge of the water.

BROUSSEAU: And --

GRACE: Go ahead.

BROUSSEAU: Yes, not, you know, not at the -- just at the edge of the water. If you continue on down the bike trail east, there is about approximately 400 acres of forest, dense forest to the left side, and that is where the dogs continued on to and picked up the girls` scent. And that`s when they stopped and brought the dog back and they did the next dog.

The next dog positively identified the next girl`s person to be in that forest. And that`s kind of where I believe it went cold for them. The dogs couldn`t pick up anymore scent. I`m not saying for sure that they couldn`t pick up more scent and go on further, but that is where the investigators stopped, brought the dogs back, told us that, yes, the dogs positively identified the girls to go past the site where the bikes were dropped and farther on into the forest."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

BBM
Is there that large of a forest tract next to the lake?

Does anyone know the exact source that placed the girls outside that store? I swear I never heard a name or exactly
who saw them there; before the lake, so I do wonder if LE has done a sweep and interviews of the people who work in that store. Sorry I've forgotten what was it a man's clothing store of some kind?

You all know who my personal number one person of interest is. These are facts, you can look them up public documents/newspapers.

These are reasons I suspect.. not JUDGE this person. Maybe he was just in the wrong places at the wrong times, but I assure you, I realize he isn't the only person with odd similar links that could be to this case. And that's why I love it in here, so many theories, so many connections with people/places/things. I think we can really help!! :seeya:

How old is your suspect again? I recall who you are referring to, but I cannot remember his age. Late teens to mid-twenties?

I agree with you! :) Is he in jail right now? Either him or the most recent guy we've kind of talked about, because:
1. where he lives.
2. sounds like a distant relative of 1 girl.
3. what he has been arrested for.
4. the girls may not be "afraid" of him if related.
5. he would have reason to be in the area without suspicion & seen on camera with car if he lives there.
Is that guy an RSO or just now getting caught?

Does anyone know the exact source that placed the girls outside that store? I swear I never heard a name or exactly
who saw them there; before the lake, so I do wonder if LE has done a sweep and interviews of the people who work in that store. Sorry I've forgotten what was it a man's clothing store of some kind?

Outside which store? Cornbelt Auctions or Fareway? Nobody saw them from the Lederman's / Cornbelt Auctions parking lot (as far as we know). That sighting was because they showed up on the security camera in that parking lot.

The Fareway sighting has named witnesses, but they've never been named in the MSM, only on FB, so we have to consider it rumor here.

So, to answer your question, no, there were no named witnesses from either store.

I agree with you! :) Is he in jail right now? Either him or the most recent guy we've kind of talked about, because:
1. where he lives.
2. sounds like a distant relative of 1 girl.
3. what he has been arrested for.
4. the girls may not be "afraid" of him if related.
5. he would have reason to be in the area without suspicion & seen on camera with car if he lives there.
Is that guy an RSO or just now getting caught?

No, CMF is not in jail nor is he considered a suspect, and they have no suspects yet.
This other guy that is being talked about recently is JJB because he was arrested for sex abuse. This is about JJB taken from Cedar Valley Mugshots:

Date Booked: 12/27/2012 4:58 PM
Height: 6'00'' Hair Color: BROWN
... Weight: 175 LBS Eye Color: BROWN
Court/Bond Case # Charge Bond Amount Bond Type Date Paid
SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE 3RD DEGREE No Bond Hold NO BOND!!!!
Arrest is NOT an indication of guilt.

Wondering if profilers think the perp is likely to be involved in domestic violence and/or sexual assault due to the stress of being a hunted murderer?
Would the perp look cold and mean as the alleged perp in this pic. might suggest?

http://globegazette.com/news/local/...cle_98383500-4ec2-11e2-92c7-001a4bcf887a.html

I've known killers that have looked hard, (biker) Another just plain "avoid at all costs" looking. (He was in my brothers mentally challenged class in high school) Another was VERY handsome, and conceited as heck. It could really be anybody, they have all kinds of looks so this is hard!!

No, CMF is not in jail nor is he considered a suspect, and they have no suspects yet.
This other guy that is being talked about recently is JJB because he was arrested for sex abuse. This is about JJB taken from Cedar Valley Mugshots:

Date Booked: 12/27/2012 4:58 PM
Height: 6'00'' Hair Color: BROWN
... Weight: 175 LBS Eye Color: BROWN
Court/Bond Case # Charge Bond Amount Bond Type Date Paid
SEXUAL ABUSE IN THE 3RD DEGREE No Bond Hold NO BOND!!!!
Arrest is NOT an indication of guilt.

He is still in jail, too. Interesting to say the least.

The current info on JJB is that his bond has been set at $100,000. I assume he is still in jail, but am not certain about that. Dr. Know? posted some info about JJB in earlier posts on this thread.

I showed JJB's and CMF's picture to my friend. (me, being a Websleuth...lol) I asked her, "Did you know XX is friends with JJB on Facebook?" (XX is a local guy that comes around us while we are working, so we are always just nice to him. This guy is overly-clingy/mentally challenged plus is friends with many convicted/possibly non convicted child molesters in Evansdale yet says he hates child molesters. :waitasec: I asked her.. "Do you believe XX is capable of murder?" She said "No." I agreed. I then asked.. "Do you think he is capable of being an accessory?" She said "Yes, I know he would go along with whatever someone told him to do" and I agreed.

I am seriously considering asking the police to question him. He will crack if he knows anything, believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett