IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In case Mr. G comes back after my bedtime, I will leave my question here:

There was confusion as to whether he stopped at Casey's on River Forest Rd. I think this was even reported in the Courier. But I also heard it was the bathroom in the park. So, Mr. G., if you could please tell us where your bathroom stop was, I would very much appreciate it.

(Many of us wonder why the police have never included your sighting of the bikes in their official timeline. I wondered whether the man they wanted to speak to who had stopped at that Casey's could verify your stop there, and if they were actually trying to verify your timeline. Not because they suspect you of anything at all, but just so they could include your bike sighting in the official timeline.).

Thanks!!

Per the route provided, he didn't bike on River Forest Road.

I've been re-reading some articles and found this to be interesting:

“They have talked that they are looking for some people, but they can't give us the exact, because they don't want to leak anything out. But there are people that they are looking at,” said Collins.

Blackhawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben, who's been fielding questions on the case, revealed little during a phone interview Monday afternoon.

“We haven't aimed in on any one specific person or gender or anything like that,” said Abben.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...17814122/-/12p6p9g/-/index.html#ixzz2GmkQqQt3

BBM

If Abben says they haven't aimed in on any "one specific person" or gender, and Heather says they are looking for "some people", does that mean LE believes more than one person is involved in this case?:waitasec:

It looks like the children were cycling in the same areas at approximately the same times.

SierraShelbyRoute.jpg

Wow! The green is where the cyclist rode? The most I could do is a block. Again WOW.

Thanks for the map Otto.

Wow! The green is where the cyclist rode? The most I could do is a block. Again WOW.

Thanks for the map Otto.

We're still waiting for the cyclist to be verified, but that is the route that was posted upthread. These photos are from the beginning of the investigation.

meyers_lake_cyclist_path.jpg

meyerslakecyclist.jpg

I hiked a couple of miles and come back to this? LOL My how things can change.

TG, did you see many people on the trail that day? Are there typically many people on the trail while you ride? Do you ever talk to any of them or recognize them from seeing them every day? I'm just wondering if you see the same people each day when you ride if you could point LE in their direction to see if they saw anything. Is that the normal time you ride the trail?

Thanks for joining and I hope we don't overwhelm you with questions.

I just read some more poems from the craigs list poet on the underground poetry site. link is back on pages 17-19 of this thread, I believe. They are much worse than the soulless poem that someone posted. They were from August and were about rape. In one poem he describes two victims. These poems are so scary. I don't want to copy and paste them on to here because he can then google them and see they are here. This is definitely a guy for police to look closely at. There are so many poems. Folks who are interested in profiling might find a lot to consider. I know someone said they called this in, but is it good to have multiple people calling it in? Does that help spur action?

What we know from MSM since the bodies were discovered, but from BEFORE the ME confirmed that it was the girls:

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...ple/-/9357080/17814122/-/12p6p9g/-/index.html

Above, Heather states that the police are looking at specific people, but won't share the info with family.

Also, Jon Lieberman from HLN states that the police have "solid leads", are looking into the "meth connection" and "RSO's. he also states that his police sources regard 7 Bridges as the dump site, that LE has info they will not release to the public, and that the bodies were found 40-50 feet apart.

Abben seems to deny all of that.

Keep in mind that Drew firmly believes a sex offender is involved as he stated as much in the TV interview he did. I've got to believe that they have good reason to suspect a sex offender even though LE isn't saying it. Lieberman's word alone wouldn't convince me of anything, but with what Heather and Drew have stated publicly, I think Abben is downplaying the info they have.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qHhuyRy20jo

Who killed Lyric and Elizabeth? - YouTube

Still catching up, so this may be the 3rd, 4th time this has been said about the 7 Bridges site being the dump site only in the article above, not the murder site.

When a body decomposes outside on the ground, chemicals and certain fluids are released and they go into the soil or whatever the body lies upon while the body is breaking down. It may be the lack of this that has LE convinced that the bodies were not killed & laid in the areas they were found.

Does anyone think maybe because of the times listed that TG saw the bikes on the trail BEFORE they were taken? They could have been messing around off their bikes when he drove by & the perp was watching them. Maybe they were on their way off of the trail onto Elmer & Gilbert when the perp either grabbed them or persuaded them to come back on the trail & then grabbed them. If they were closer to Elmer & Gilbert maybe the perp did move their bikes back to where they were located. Just a thought.

I just read some more poems from the craigs list poet on the underground poetry site. link is back on pages 17-19 of this thread, I believe. They are much worse than the soulless poem that someone posted. They were from August and were about rape. In one poem he describes two victims. These poems are so scary. I don't want to copy and paste them on to here because he can then google them and see they are here. This is definitely a guy for police to look closely at. There are so many poems. Folks who are interested in profiling might find a lot to consider. I know someone said they called this in, but is it good to have multiple people calling it in? Does that help spur action?

I see no harm in calling it in again.

I've been re-reading some articles and found this to be interesting:

“They have talked that they are looking for some people, but they can't give us the exact, because they don't want to leak anything out. But there are people that they are looking at,” said Collins.

Blackhawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben, who's been fielding questions on the case, revealed little during a phone interview Monday afternoon.

“We haven't aimed in on any one specific person or gender or anything like that,” said Abben.

Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...17814122/-/12p6p9g/-/index.html#ixzz2GmkQqQt3

BBM

If Abben says they haven't aimed in on any "one specific person" or gender, and Heather says they are looking for "some people", does that mean LE believes more than one person is involved in this case?:waitasec:

I believe this^^^ is a hint that this wasn't a sexual attack.

:moo:

While we wait for the verification, just wanted to say, welcome, TG! :seeya: The place just got a whole lot more interesting!

I took a crack at guessing what your t-shirt said a bunch of pages ago..every time the pictures got posted I had to squint to try to see what it said. Not that it makes any bit of difference...I guess your mind just goes into puzzle-solving mode around here!

Does anyone think maybe because of the times listed that TG saw the bikes on the trail BEFORE they were taken? They could have been messing around off their bikes when he drove by & the perp was watching them. Maybe they were on their way off of the trail onto Elmer & Gilbert when the perp either grabbed them or persuaded them to come back on the trail & then grabbed them. If they were closer to Elmer & Gilbert maybe the perp did move their bikes back to where they were located. Just a thought.

I believe the girls and/or the perp may well have been in the wooded area when Mr G biked past.

I believe the girls and/or the perp may well have been in the wooded area when Mr G biked past.

Then what is your opinion on the 12:23 sighting of the girls on Brovan that LE reported, if TG's 12:20 (approx) account is accurate?

east on gilbert to the trail in edale then north to laff then to mccoy then to gilbert and across the dike to the nature trail back to the depot

Welcome from the CR area... thanks for your contributions.

The 12:23 time which I belive was on the CCTV is what throws everything off. I wish we knew for sure if these were exact times, estimates, or if LE was giving slightly inacurate times for a reason. It would sure help me alot anyway!

He said east on Gilbert to trail then north to Laff then to McCoy then to Gilbert across the dike to the trail back to the depot.

ETA: As usual, otto is waaay ahead of me.

He said quote: "east on gilbert to the trail in edale then north to laff then to mccoy then to gilbert and across the dike to the nature trail back to the depot " Post #662 one page back near top of page.

The 12:23 time which I belive was on the CCTV is what throws everything off. I wish we knew for sure if these were exact times, estimates, or if LE was giving slightly inacurate times for a reason. It would sure help me alot anyway!

Mr. P of Cornbelt Auction said the surveillance video, which was time-stamped 12:11, was 8 minutes slow. If that is correct, then the CCTV sighting would be 12:19, not 12:23.

The 12:23 sighting is at a "nearby intersection".

So I don't think the 12:23 sighting is the surveillance video. JMO

What 12.23 sighting?

:waitasec:

The children were on Brovan at 12:15. There is "information" that they were on Brovan at 12:23 and at Elmer/Gilbert/Arbutus between 12:30 and 1:00. That's it.

"Rick Abben, chief deputy at the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office, said in a statement Thursday. “Both girls were last seen on July 13 at 12:15 p.m. riding their bicycles away from the Collins residence in Evansdale. We have information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert DR. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.

“Law enforcement is asking for anyone that was in the Arbutus Ave. or Gilbert Dr. and Elmer Ave. areas or anywhere in Evansdale on that day that may have seen the girls to notify us,” he said.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-missing-2-months-authorities-plead-for-help/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime