IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely off topic, but a bit of distraction: Southwest Florida Eagle Cam.

Daddy Eagle, Ozzie, caring for 2 newly hatched chicks. He is sitting on them right now very gently. Not sure where mom is. Haven't seen her yet.

Also can check out: http://dickp ritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

ETA: Daddy Ozzie is feeding the babies some fish now.

Visit our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/SouthwestFloridaEagleCam and tell us what you think!

•History of chicks at this nest….2011/12-1 chick, 2010/11- 1 chick, 2009/10-1 chick, 2008/09-2 chicks
•The eagles have had their names ever since they moved onto the property in 2007/08. Ozzie and Harriet
•The nest resides 60 feet above the ground, in a Slash Pine tree. The camera faces South East.
•Nesting season begins here in South FL Oct. 1. The eagles stay until late April or May.
•These bald eagles have been coming to this nest for the past 5 years. They reside in this nest between the months of October and April. Before building this nest in 2006/07, the pair had a nest on the opposite side of Bayshore Road. This location is now known as Eagle Landing. These mature, mating pair continue to make Southwest Florida their winter home.
•This year, DPRE is excited to have a live look into their Southwest Florida nest. They have installed a camera that will film the birds 24/7 and stream live video directly to this site. The camera is positioned 6 feet above the nest. It is attached to a tree limb using no screws or nails in order to preserve the tree. The camera's night vision is an infrared light which emits no actual light. Nor does it make any noise. The birds do not see or hear anything coming from the camera.
•The objective of this camera is to bring these beautiful birds into our homes. The goal of DPRE is to foster appreciation, admiration and respect for these magnificent creatures. Our intentions are to learn from these birds so we may better understand them and their habits.
•This nest is labeled LEO26B of the Florida State Monitoring Program. It has been monitored for 5 years at its current location. The pair relocated the nest in 2006/07 to its present location.
•There are 133 nests in a 25 mile radius.
•Closet nest is one mile.

One time i had a close encounter with death and i will say that god gave me a peace in that moment that i have never felt before and could never explain to another human & from that experience i know that heaven & His presence is truely an awesome place to be..... :twocents:

Just wanted to say thank for posting the link you did yesterday. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...aths-will-be-kept-confidential?nclick_check=1

I wasn't aware until CherieT brought it to my attention from the article that:

The girls’ bodies have not yet been released to their families, officials said.

be nice it's midnight and still 30 celcius.

SS knows I'm just messin' around...I would give anything to be in Australia where it's nice and warm right now. She knows it's one of the 2 places on earth I want to visit. So she's been rubbing it in my face (jokingly) about how hot it is there while I complain daily how stinkin' FREEZING it is here in Iowa.

:boohoo:

:floorlaugh:

OKay! Did you send me some special weather in Texas 'cause it's 38 degrees here with a mixture of sleet and snow?? :waitasec: And you ought to see us Texans drive in weather like this... just sayin'....

OKay! Did you send me some special weather in Texas 'cause it's 38 degrees here with a mixture of sleet and snow?? :waitasec: And you ought to see us Texans drive in weather like this... just sayin'....

Wanna trade? :) I love TX too...cuz it's WARM! I have actually only visited TX once (Houston) for work, in January, and everyone there thought I was crazy because it felt like a heat wave there compared to Iowa!:floorlaugh:

I hate the cold. With a passion. However...snow in TX has to do a number on the drivers. :floorlaugh:

Wanna trade? :) I love TX too...cuz it's WARM! I have actually only visited TX once (Houston) for work, in January, and everyone there thought I was crazy because it felt like a heat wave there compared to Iowa!:floorlaugh:

I hate the cold. With a passion. However...snow in TX has to do a number on the drivers. :floorlaugh:

LOL! I'm crazy, but not that crazy! :floorlaugh: I'll stick with Texas. You should come and visit more often! I live about 150 miles north of Houston. Basically we're all in shock... incapacitated... :moo: However, reading here I certainly know what I want to eat.... french toast and BACON! :rocker: I do have bread, milk (heavens knows what the next gallon will cost - haven't bought one in the New Year yet) and plenty of eggs from my chickens who have continued to lay despite the freezing cold spell! Bless their little egg-laying hearts.

9 degrees Fahrenheit this morning for me.

While we're off topic and weather related...I will say that MN is where my family heads every summer for vacation to a cabin up in "God's Country" ;)

MN is my favorite place to vacation in the summer.:great: Winter? Notsomuch. :floorlaugh: I'll stay as far south as I can. :great:

LOL! I'm crazy, but not that crazy! :floorlaugh: I'll stick with Texas. You should come and visit more often! I live about 150 miles north of Houston. Basically we're all in shock... incapacitated... :moo: However, reading here I certainly know what I want to eat.... french toast and BACON! :rocker: I do have bread, milk (heavens knows what the next gallon will cost - haven't bought one in the New Year yet) and plenty of eggs from my chickens who have continued to lay despite the freezing cold spell! Bless their little egg-laying hearts.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Not attacking you or your sister, just jumping off your post here....

Probly the wrong place / time to say this, but i never understood why people would say these kind of things. I have always been a believer in God and trusted him, & i will say that my son was raped by his own father at the age of 5 and my son felt every bit of it! :furious: I grew up with abusive parent and i felt every bit of it......I can honestly testify to several spiritual/supernatural encounters where god has saved me from death, but i still felt everything. One time i had a close encounter with death and i will say that god gave me a peace in that moment that i have never felt before and could never explain to another human & from that experience i know that heaven & His presence is truely an awesome place to be..... :twocents:

No problem, no offense taken at all. But, you are alive and breathing; her thoughts are about those that may have suffered before they died. It's just a way to cope with the cognitive dissonance that arises when thinking about children suffering through their last breath, and her belief that God is omnipotent and could prevent evil. I'm sure E&L's parents would much prefer this to the thought that the girls were alert and aware of every bit of evil they suffered before they succumbed to whatever took their life. Just a coping mechanism, not intended for any other purpose. I was just supplying it for the poster I responded to who questioned and worried over what the girls may have been thinking in their final moments. I'm sorry for what pain you and your family have been through.

Brrrrr! I wonder if MarilynPa is shoveling snow this morning. Bet she misses Texas right about now...

I've given up on shoveling snow, it's too cold right now. But we have a warming trend - temps will be in the 40s soon so I'll let mother nature finish the snow removal!!

Not related to this case in any way, but I found this and it made me think that this is how an unplanned murder case of a child plays out. No planning, just in the wrong place at the wrong time and some loser decides spontaneously that your life has no value. The way Lizzie's and Lyric's case is playing out compare to this one, makes me feel that something was planned and it wasn't random. Then again, what the heck do I know?

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/missing-griffin-girl-found-dead/nTdJQ/

O/T but you guys might find this interesting (and sickening):

More than 100 children have been rescued from the clutches of pedophiles after a massive U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency raid.

The ground-breaking investigation - named 'Operation Sunflower' - was executed America-wide between November 2012 and the first week of December, and resulted in 245 arrests.

A total of 123 sexually exploited children were identified by ICE agents working with Homeland Security Investigations by targeting people who own, trade and produce child *advertiser censored*.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pedophiles-clutches-America-massive-raid.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela