IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Yes, quite small. Not a far distance from a house at all. I'd call it within hollering distance. I think I see your bike tire ?

Yup thats my tire,lol. I know the water is kinda drained at this time, but what I wanted everyone to know is this is such a close area. But, as I said before, from where the gate is you can clearly see the comings and goings in the parking lot, but if you are at the parking lot and looking towards the gate you can't see clearly because of the foilage.

I wonder what kinda fish can be caught at Meyers lake? I'm telling you, that lake looks like a glorified pond to me.

Panfish...that's about it. Maybe some bullheads. Not a bass/walleye lake by any means. :floorlaugh:

More for practice and fun than anything else. Also, the temps were riduculous during July...people on the search teams were passing out, so the fish aren't going to be very active at that time of day either. The depth of the water would drive the fish to the deep holes within the lake to keep cool so people standing on the banks are extremely unlikely to catch much (if anything) during that time of day with temps like that.

Panfish...that's about it. Maybe some bullheads. Not a bass/walleye lake by any means. :floorlaugh:

More for practice and fun than anything else. Also, the temps were riduculous during July...people on the search teams were passing out, so the fish aren't going to be very active at that time of day either. The depth of the water would drive the fish to the deep holes within the lake to keep cool so people standing on the banks are extremely unlikely to catch much (if anything) during that time of day with temps like that.

I wouldn't think anything bigger than a goldfish could live in that lake. Do you see a lot of people fishing there?

I wouldn't think anything bigger than a goldfish could live in that lake. Do you see a lot of people fishing there?

We don't fish there at all. And when we drive by on the interstate I never see anyone there either...especially out ON the water. Never have I seen anyone in a boat out there. But then again, I don't drive by there frequently either. I personally think it's more of a "pretty pond" as I call them, to increase the value of the homes more than a functional lake per se for fishing or boating etc.

We don't fish there at all. And when we drive by on the interstate I never see anyone there either...especially out ON the water. Never have I seen anyone in a boat out there. But then again, I don't drive by there frequently either. I personally think it's more of a "pretty pond" as I call them, to increase the value of the homes more than a functional lake per se for fishing or boating etc.

Yes! Pretty pond, I so agree.:rocker:

I believe SierraShelby said he had fished there before with his grandson and he had caught a few fish, bass maybe, perch, a catfish perhaps. Can't remember exactly what kind of fish he said they caught, but they did throw them back.

I think he mentioned bullheads.

Does anyone else find it curious that DM was not called until late in the afternoon (around 4, if memory serves me) on the 13th? I am by no means condemning or sleuthing or judging the family - just commenting on something that has always seemed curious to me. I have never been in a situation where one of my darling children were missing (thank God), so I can't really imagine how I would react. HOWEVER, I am quite certain one of the first people I would call would be my children's father - even though we are divorced and have a somewhat contentious relationship, or perhaps BECAUSE we are divorced and have a somewhat contentious relationship. KWIM?

Does anyone else find it curious that DM was not called until late in the afternoon (around 4, if memory serves me) on the 13th? I am by no means condemning or sleuthing or judging the family - just commenting on something that has always seemed curious to me. I have never been in a situation where one of my darling children were missing (thank God), so I can't really imagine how I would react. HOWEVER, I am quite certain one of the first people I would call would be my children's father - even though we are divorced and have a somewhat contentious relationship, or perhaps BECAUSE we are divorced and have a somewhat contentious relationship. KWIM?

There was a no contact order in place because of Dan's domestic violence charge, so perhaps no one wanted to call him for fear he would rush over and violate that order. Once the bikes were found and the girls weren't with them, I believe Misty realized how serious it really was and decided Dan needed to be called at that point. JMO

I know. Ditto here! If they are not releasing the bodies and they are not going to release the cause of death, does that mean by looking at the bodies the COD could have been determined.... for example gunshot. I know LE said the families were not shown the bodies to make an ID and Heather and Drew have publicly said they do not want to know the COD, but what about Misty and Dan? They haven't been told either, but would could they have asked to view Lyric's body?

In one article (and I can't find it), LE said that some of the family did not want to know COD and other family members did want to know COD.

That seems pretty normal to me. Individuals vary in how they handle the death of a loved one. I know I feel so blessed to have been there and holding my mama's hand when she died but my sister, who loved our mother as much as I did, was equally relieved not to have been there and did not want to see her body after death. Same with autopsies and COD.

I wonder what kinda fish can be caught at Meyers lake? I'm telling you, that lake looks like a glorified pond to me.

I remember someone saying sunfish and blue gill. Nothing real big but both of those species are good eating.

Call me crazy... But do you think Wylma and Aunt Tammy could have passed the perp and the vehicle with the girls inside at the time they were looking? Or even the bicyclist might have seen the vehicle w/o realizing it? We are talking minutes here.

ETA: Mjskit was reading my mind and beat me to the post!

I'm going to vote no. They did not pass the vehicle with the girls in it.

My wife would call me right away, but she calls me to tell me the dog pooped in the basement; like I am supposed to do something about that while I am at the office.

I would imagine they didn't think about calling him until they realized that there was an actual problem. I would guess that panic slowly sets in and at first you are mad at the kids for not coming home on time and you slowly evolve into being slightly worried and then eventually you reach all out panic. At which time do you make that call? I don't know but it is probably somewhere in the middle towards the end of the cycle.

I think he mentioned bullheads.

seems like he mentioned catching little perch with his grandson and throwing them back. Now some folks do eat perch but they are by no means something a true fisherman would be after.

I agree with all who compare the lake to a pretty pond for the sake of the neighborhoods property values and not really meant for hardcore fishing, boating, swimming etc.

I think it's possible that Misty assumed that Lyric had just taken off for a while and that they just had to look harder for her. There may have been some ongoing custody issues. Misplacing a child for a few hours could impact how custody works, so Misty may have wanted to avoid telling Dan what happened until it was blatantly obvious that something was very wrong. If Dan was contacted at about 4 PM, then it was after the bikes had been located, so at that time is was a fact that something was very wrong.

There was a no contact order in place because of Dan's domestic violence charge, so perhaps no one wanted to call him for fear he would rush over and violate that order. Once the bikes were found and the girls weren't with them, I believe Misty realized how serious it really was and decided Dan needed to be called at that point. JMO

ITA. I would just like to add another reason Dan might not have been called earlier to help the family search was due to them knowing he didn't have a license/transportation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member