IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on Dan's arrest. I am hoping that an arrest is imminent, and LE is just getting Dan off the street before it happens.

I don't see how LE can hold the bodies hostage until they solve the case, just so cause of death does not leak out. Lots of times, LE does not reveal COD, but I have never heard where the families are not allowed to bury the victims. Do we know for sure they are holding the remains?

(It is possible that LE did, or still,is, withholding the body of Karen Swift, TN, not sure, though it has been over a year now.In any event, it was a long time and COD has yet to be released or leaked.)

I don't see how LE can hold the bodies hostage until they solve the case, just so cause of death does not leak out. Lots of times, LE does not reveal COD, but I have never heard where the families are not allowed to bury the victims. Do we know for sure they are holding the remains?

(It is possible that LE did, or still,is, withholding the body of Karen Swift, TN, not sure, though it has been over a year now.In any event, it was a long time and COD has yet to be released or leaked.)

I was thinking the same thing: How can they hold the bodies until COD is released?

I wouldn't think they could...HOWEVER, like JamieinLA said, if the cause is obvious (like a bullet to the head :() the family would then know immediately and LE may not want that info out there.

I just don't know how long they can/would hold on to the bodies. But from what I'm reading from Heather's post I personally read it as it infers Lyric was already cremated. I'm sure it's just how I am reading it.

I don't know why, but I just have this little twinge of an inkling that something is getting ready to shake down big in this case. I of course could be fleeting on high hopes...but at this point, hope is all I got.:please:

The thing is, what if a case is never solved? Surely they cannot hold a body or bodies forever? I know that bodies are considered evidence, but still...

I just searched it too ... and I read that cremation is not consistent with traditional Christian beliefs primarily because of the concept of resurrection.

The children's remains were released to the families after all required tests were completed, so cremation versus burial makes no difference to the investigation.

As a Christian, I believe that Jesus did die and was resurrected. Because he died for our sins, if we believe that Jesus is the Son of God and accept Him as our Savior, out bodies will die but our souls live on in Heaven.

It doesn't matter how you bury or cremate the body, when we die we are no longer in it.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never heard of a medical examiner hanging on to human remains to avoid the accidental release of the cause of death.

(Swift - Oct 31: After the body was positively identified as Karen Swift, Box stated the case was being investigated as a murder. An autopsy was performed on Swift's body by the Shelby County Medical Examiner's Office in Memphis and she was buried in Pocahontas, Ark. on Feb. 11. link)

Whoa. Very interesting new comments on the Cedar Valley Mugshots FB page!!!

Sylar Newton's body was held almost 2 years. I emailed the funeral home and asked why he hadn't been buried/cremated. I also asked if they needed money in order to have his funeral. The director emailed back saying the funeral was all paid in full and that there was no better evidence than Sylar himself. Made me choke up.

Um, how would holding the body stop COD from coming out? What is stopping the mortician or medical examiner or even just an assistant from giving that information out to the media right now?

If my family member was murdered, it would kind of bother me that his/her body was lying in some drawer or on a table in some office building or hospital. Yeah, I guess being buried in the ground isn't much better but at least you get to have a funeral which can help you to grieve, you can visit their grave-site, etc. I realize the families don't have a choice and just want their child's case to be solved.

My "traditional Christian beliefs" did not prevent me from having my husband's remains cremated. JMO

Cremation now it was a big no no before . My Catholic nurse was Cremated in 2007 buried in Catholic cemetary

Is Heather thinking that police made mistakes during evidence collection and therefore the remains should not be cremated?

Don't know, but it has happened before. In the Shannon Mohr case, her parents pushed heavily on LE to not let the case go cold. Shannon's ex thought he got away with her murder until her parents demanded her body be exhumed and tested for succinylcholine.

Um, how would holding the body stop COD from coming out? What is stopping the mortician or medical examiner or even just an assistant from giving that information out to the media right now?

If my family member was murdered, it would kind of bother me that his/her body was lying in some drawer or on a table in some office building or hospital. Yeah, I guess being buried in the ground isn't much better but at least you get to have a funeral which can help you to grieve, you can visit their grave-site, etc. I realize the families don't have a choice and just want their child's case to be solved.

My parents were cremated and buried. Not everyone keeps the urn on a mantle. Just FYI

If they knew the girls were sexually assaulted, IMO, it would have been released. I also believe if there was nothing to be found, it would have been released.

Out here where I live, LE doesn't hold much back. The cases in rural areas seem to be the ones where LE is so secretive telling everyone they are protecting the integrity of the case. In the few cases I follow, I have concluded they will not solve the case.

Cedar Rapids girl reports being approached by stranger on way to school.......

I still DO NOT understand why parents are still letting thier children walk to school by themselves!!!
Why take that chance with your childs LIFE for Goodness Sake!!!

http://www.kwwl.com/story/21137378/2013/02/12/cedar-rapids-girl-reports

I get sad and mad everytime I read these.
Wake up People we do Not live in a safe world!
I hear ya!..In reference to your link and the Sheriff....WTH is he saying?

FGS! If the Sheriff can't respond and answer to a simple question about a killer being on the loose, what good is he? A killer is either on the loose or the killer is NOT on the loose. This is getting beyond stupid. If one were to try and analyze these words, one may conclude the killer is in custody...and the police do not want to say.

I was thinking the same thing: How can they hold the bodies until COD is released?

I wouldn't think they could...HOWEVER, like JamieinLA said, if the cause is obvious (like a bullet to the head :() the family would then know immediately and LE may not want that info out there.

I just don't know how long they can/would hold on to the bodies. But from what I'm reading from Heather's post I personally read it as it infers Lyric was already cremated. I'm sure it's just how I am reading it.

I don't know why, but I just have this little twinge of an inkling that something is getting ready to shake down big in this case. I of course could be fleeting on high hopes...but at this point, hope is all I got.:please:

I read the post the same way, Lyric has been cremated. I believe something is about to happen too. Praying that someone is singing like songbird from their jail cell. :please:

As a Christian, I believe that Jesus did die and was resurrected. Because he died for our sins, if we believe that Jesus is the Son of God and accept Him as our Savior, out bodies will die but our souls live on in Heaven.

It doesn't matter how you bury or cremate the body, when we die we are no longer in it.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't be fair to people who were burned alive or died by fire to not be able to get into heaven just because they were not in control of the way they died. I agree with whomever said earlier that most people take what the bible says and twists the words in such a way as to conform to their religious beliefs.

In his 50th town hall meeting as Black Hawk County Sheriff, Thompson told a group of eight people that there are five full-time investigators still working on the girls' murder case.

When asked if a killer was still on the loose, Thompson refused to comment.

Thompson said Tuesday's meeting was not about the Evansdale cousins, rather it was to "encourage open dialogue" with his constituents with matters concerning Black Hawk County residents.

When one of the eight people in attendance asked about the girls' murder investigation Thompson said it's important for people to remember that there is work going on behind closed doors.

"What happened here in Evansdale was a horrible thing, and we continue to expend every resource available - our genuine best efforts everyday - at trying to continue to pursue justice, not just solve the case, not just fix the problem, but to pursue justice, and that's critically important to us," said Thompson.

Five full-time investigators still working on the girls' murder case is encouraging. At least he said murdered. Refusing to comment if a killer was still on the loose is frustrating and I still feel like we are :banghead:. I am trying to be hopeful though, and maybe with the recent arrests, a big shakedown is about to happen and we will get answers. :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?