IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what she's saying is she doesn't necessarily agree or disagree with anything anyone is saying about Dan, but instead of bashing him on this website - simply pray that WHOMEVER is responsible for the girls murder be found, let the courts/LE see what is needed to be seen (again, that God lead them to the truth) and justice served via their sentence.

That's how I read it. I don't think she's giving any indication that she thinks Dan is responsible for their murder. JMO of course.

I think her main message is to hand it all over to God and let HIM be the judge and jury. Everyone else just needs to pray for justice and not judge.

I think you are absolutely right.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Valley-Mugshots/279285502183184?fref=ts
I'm sure we will find some interesting comments on the CVM page in the hours to come..

I hope this page is allowed, if not tell me nurse I will make it go away..

The comments have gotten interesting, and I strongly suspect a fellow WS'er is commenting because she is asking some good questions and making comments that I tend to agree with. JMO.

BTW, Heather has made a couple of comments.

I think what she's saying is she doesn't necessarily agree or disagree with anything anyone is saying about Dan, but instead of bashing him on this website - simply pray that WHOMEVER is responsible for the girls murder be found, let the courts/LE see what is needed to be seen (again, that God lead them to the truth) and justice served via their sentence.

That's how I read it. I don't think she's giving any indication that she thinks Dan is responsible for their murder. JMO of course.

I think her main message is to hand it all over to God and let HIM be the judge and jury. Everyone else just needs to pray for justice and not judge.

You are more than likely correct. I guess I am a bit soured on this case at the moment. Just thinking she might not want anyone to focus much on connections related to them as there might be some skeletons hidden in the closet there too. I hope their computers were searched too. Maybe we will know more once Dan appears in court.

I'm confused as usual. Does Dans arrest mean to some of you that he is guilty of the girls murder? I think he needs to be placed in a treatment center, not jail. JMO

I'm confused as usual. Does Dans arrest mean to some of you that he is guilty of the girls murder? I think he needs to be placed in a treatment center, not jail. JMO

I still am not 100% certain in what I think happened to the girls. My only opinion on the latest developments is that this family has been to hell and back on more than one occasion. Some have made choices that have landed them in the position they are in, others had no say in the matter but have been found guilty by association.

I feel so much sympathy for this family. IMO they are just a mess all around. :( As I follow this whole investigation, I thank God every day I don't have anyone close to me that battles such a serious addiction. It's absolutely heart wrenching to see it's effects on people's lives. So very sad.

MY thoughts on Dan are that he should face whatever the courts say he should for the crime of manufacturing meth. I do not think his most recent arrest has anything to do with the girls' case and I hope that eventually we will know what happened in regards to the girls. I do not think this arrest is going to lead us to that information.

:cow:

The comments have gotten interesting, and I strongly suspect a fellow WS'er is commenting because she is asking some good questions and making comments that I tend to agree with. JMO.

BTW, Heather has made a couple of comments.

Looks like the Jerry Springer show over there..

I do not think that Dan's arrest means that he is guilty of the girls' murders. I guess he is finally going to be held accountable for his past actions. Sure would hate for Evansdale, Waterloo and other local communities to be lulled into a false sense of security after trying this guy in the court of public opinion only to have more children abducted and murdered.

I do not think that Dan's arrest means that he is guilty of the girls' murders. I guess he is finally going to be held accountable for his past actions. Sure would hate for Evansdale, Waterloo and other local communities to be lulled into a false sense of security after trying this guy in the court of public opinion only to have more children abducted and murdered.

Do people actually think that Dan was involved in the murders ... even though police have said that he is not a suspect?

Looks like the Jerry Springer show over there..

Nah, that just means its Tuesday. But seriously, it is always pretty much what we are seeing. I've been following for months. No matter the mugshot, it always gets springeresque in the comments.

Do people actually think that Dan was involved in the murders ... even though police have said that he is not a suspect?

According to FaceBook (Cedar Valley Mugshots), I would say a majority of people posting there just want him punished for getting away with dealing meth for so long and not having to do hard time. A few are saying he is guilty of killing the girls. It's definitely like the Wild, Wild West over there. :truce:

One of the MSM articles about Dan's arrest (linked earlier) said he was contesting the findings/test results. Maybe HC's comments on his mugshot are in support of him and his assertion that the results are wrong. I think if she had deep suspicions about him she wouldn't be lobbying so hard with LE on the issue of sex offenders/sex trafficking. I honestly think she may be talking about his disputing the drug test results. And as others have said, drug addicts usually turn to drugs because they have less than adequate coping skills. Since he was a drug user before his daughter was murdered, I'd be surprised if he was truly sober for any amount of time after her death. I'm not defending him, but I'm not going to assume his failure to stay clean automatically equates to anything more than just that.

I am aware of cases where LE has stated someone is not a suspect, only to arrest that person at a later date. It isn't that uncommon, IMO.

You have asked a question that cannot be answered per WS TOS, by the way.

The below quote explains why police were looking at Misty and Dan, and it is not because they were suspects. It is because they associated with other people involved in criminal activities. Even with that said, it doesn't mean that the murders have anything to do with drugs, only that those connections have to be explored.

"Investigators have been closely scrutinizing Dan and Misty Morrissey and have subjected both of them to multiple polygraph tests. At the same time, they say they are not considered suspects in the case and are looking into their backgrounds and associates only so as not to discount any possible leads."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...faces-possible-trial-amid-search-for-cousins/

According to FaceBook (Cedar Valley Mugshots), I would say a majority of people posting there just want him punished for getting away with dealing meth for so long and not having to do hard time. A few are saying he is guilty of killing the girls. It's definitely like the Wild, Wild West over there. :truce:

Sounds like an atmosphere of: "pin it on someone, anyone" and then everyone can carry on as though everyone is perfectly safe. I knew there was a good reason why I don't have facebook.

I have not had a strong feeling that Dan was involved. I have had a different suspect, sociopathic and delusional and likes to advertise his fantasies online. But some of Heather's comments do give me pause. She is clearly not saying, "Oh no people, Dan didn't have anything to do with it". She's not saying anything like that at all. There's this Jerry Springer mob gathering around Dan's mug shot, and Heather comes in and does not say, "Hey everyone he's a meth addict not a murderer". She says God is bigger than him. She says she isn't agreeing or disagreeing, let the courts decide. She also says she doesn't understand why they chose to cremate and that yes it is destroying evidence. All that makes me think that she has significant doubts about Dan.

I have not had a strong feeling that Dan was involved. I have had a different suspect, sociopathic and delusional and likes to advertise his fantasies online. But some of Heather's comments do give me pause. She is clearly not saying, "Oh no people, Dan didn't have anything to do with it". She's not saying anything like that at all. There's this Jerry Springer mob gathering around Dan's mug shot, and Heather comes in and does not say, "Hey everyone he's a meth addict not a murderer". She says God is bigger than him. She says she isn't agreeing or disagreeing, let the courts decide. She also says she doesn't understand why they chose to cremate and that yes it is destroying evidence. All that makes me think that she has significant doubts about Dan.

Is cremation consistent with Heather's religious beliefs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly