IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet strangely, the dogs didn't track to the Ledermans parking lot, where we know there was a confirmed sighting by the grandmother? Or maybe I missed that the dogs tracked to that parking lot?

Yes. It makes absolutely no sense to me that they would bring dogs in, parade them in front of the family (to eliminate scents?) and let them walk to the lake (or walk to the edge of the tree line?) and then stop. With nothing else. Why no more dog work?

The dogs didn't track to the parking lot or the forest. They tracked to the water near the bikes.

"In the Evansdale case, Breault [FBI] said the dogs had indicated the girls’ scent was in the area near Meyers Lake.

"The scent did lead to the water, which is also where their bikes were found,” she said.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_e795f002-d1ad-11e1-b983-001a4bcf887a.html

And I thought the dogs also tracked them partially into the woods? At no time have I ever heard that the girls were tracked to the parking lot.

Yes. It makes absolutely no sense to me that they would bring dogs in, parade them in front of the family (to eliminate scents?) and let them walk to the lake (or walk to the edge of the tree line?) and then stop. With nothing else. Why no more dog work?

I guess the argument will be made that just because no family member happened to witness it and chat about it on a newsmagazine show, doesn't mean that more dog work wasn't done while filming was not being done or family members standing round watching.

But I agree, did the dogs lose the scent? Did they try the dogs in other areas it is known or suspected the girls rode that day?

Did LE ever tape the area off where they didn't let anyone into the area and at which time they brought the dogs back in that the general public may not be aware of? I still believe those bikes were staged.

And I thought the dogs also tracked them partially into the woods? At no time have I ever heard that the girls were tracked to the parking lot.

Tammy watched the dog handlers and then made statements about the dogs tracking. She watched something and then jumped to conclusions, but she has no authority to speak on behalf of the FBI dog handlers and what she says is very different from what the FBI have said.

There are not 400 acres of forest ... so who knows what she's talking about.

"BROUSSEAU: I just wanted to say one more thing, you know, about those bloodhounds that were brought in by the FBI. They did one at a time. One for Elizabeth and one for Lyric. And I was explain to you, so the bikes were found right where those -- the rocky area is, where they`re guessing the girls may have entered the lake at.

But I was there, I watched the bloodhounds continue on into this dense forest area, which is about 400 yards. I watched them go into that area and they positively identified both girls were at that location.

GRACE: Right, at the edge of the water.

BROUSSEAU: And --

GRACE: Go ahead.

BROUSSEAU: Yes, not, you know, not at the -- just at the edge of the water. If you continue on down the bike trail east, there is about approximately 400 acres of forest, dense forest to the left side, and that is where the dogs continued on to and picked up the girls` scent. And that`s when they stopped and brought the dog back and they did the next dog.

The next dog positively identified the next girl`s person to be in that forest. And that`s kind of where I believe it went cold for them. The dogs couldn`t pick up anymore scent. I`m not saying for sure that they couldn`t pick up more scent and go on further, but that is where the investigators stopped, brought the dogs back, told us that, yes, the dogs positively identified the girls to go past the site where the bikes were dropped and farther on into the forest."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

Tammy watched the dog handlers and then made statements about the dogs tracking. She watched something and then jumped to conclusions, but she has no authority to speak on behalf of the FBI dog handlers and what she says is very different from what the FBI have said.

There are not 400 acres of forest ... so who knows what she's talking about.

"BROUSSEAU: I just wanted to say one more thing, you know, about those bloodhounds that were brought in by the FBI. They did one at a time. One for Elizabeth and one for Lyric. And I was explain to you, so the bikes were found right where those -- the rocky area is, where they`re guessing the girls may have entered the lake at.

But I was there, I watched the bloodhounds continue on into this dense forest area, which is about 400 yards. I watched them go into that area and they positively identified both girls were at that location.

GRACE: Right, at the edge of the water.

BROUSSEAU: And --

GRACE: Go ahead.

BROUSSEAU: Yes, not, you know, not at the -- just at the edge of the water. If you continue on down the bike trail east, there is about approximately 400 acres of forest, dense forest to the left side, and that is where the dogs continued on to and picked up the girls` scent. And that`s when they stopped and brought the dog back and they did the next dog.

The next dog positively identified the next girl`s person to be in that forest. And that`s kind of where I believe it went cold for them. The dogs couldn`t pick up anymore scent. I`m not saying for sure that they couldn`t pick up more scent and go on further, but that is where the investigators stopped, brought the dogs back, told us that, yes, the dogs positively identified the girls to go past the site where the bikes were dropped and farther on into the forest."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

Thank you Otto! That makes a big difference. I'm almost certain that LE probably brought those dogs back later when the general public wasn't around and did a thorough search. Like my son always tells me, when it comes to kids LE tends takes it personal and can't let it go. From what I've seen of Abben he has shown a lot of compassion and there were several others so I feel confident that LE is doing everything in their power to get to the bottom of this case and get it solved.

:great: Ditto!
:banghead:

:banghead:

respectfully, some would call 83 hot. You do not. Not one of those quotes suggests that Evansdale was a ghost town due to the subjective "heat" on July 13, 2012.

done :deadhorse:

time for this girl to take a breather from this thread for the day.

I went to Evansdale last August and rode my bike from Collins house to Lafayette street to the bike trail straight to the back side of the lake where the bikes were found in 9 minutes. I'm middle aged and not a youngster.
Good for you Cindersoot, and thanks for sharing that valuable piece of information.:seeya:

The dogs didn't track to the parking lot or the forest. They tracked to the water near the bikes.

"In the Evansdale case, Breault [FBI] said the dogs had indicated the girls’ scent was in the area near Meyers Lake.

"The scent did lead to the water, which is also where their bikes were found,” she said.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_e795f002-d1ad-11e1-b983-001a4bcf887a.html

I'm pretty sure I read that the scent also lead to the wooded area. Not completely in it but to it.

I wonder if the bodies were found wrapped in anything? If as I believe the perp killed the girls on his property, and transfered the bodies much later, than I would think he placed them in a plastic bag, blanket, tarp or something.

Did LE ever tape the area off where they didn't let anyone into the area and at which time they brought the dogs back in that the general public may not be aware of? I still believe those bikes were staged.

I'm still not certain what kind of scent trail or evidence could have been compromised since the family was allowed in what is very likely the area of abduction literally within HOURS of the girls bikes being found. Which was PRIOR to the dogs going in there and doing their scent work. :(

Condensed version:
BROUSSEAU: OK. So then we watched the investigators put the crime scene tape up. They were down there for a very long time. I would say approximately three hours, maybe more, you know, doing their investigation.

And we went back around to the southeast side of the lake, where you can actually -- there is an old, like, sewer building. There`s an old garage that sits on this chunk of land that you can actually very easily go down a few blocks and access the back of the lake area from -- from that point you can.

But what I`m saying is, so I -- after the tape came down, I went back in that area and I started doing my own investigation, and looking around and seeing what I could see.

So...either Tammy is lying, or this has to be some of the sloppiest police work I've seen.

Why on God's green earth would LE let people go anywhere NEAR where the bikes were found. I don't believe for one second that the police aren't aware of Maiden Lane and put together right away that it was more than likely a concealed area where a perp could hide. For cryin' out loud Tammy knew about it...and had a scenario figured out immediately. Yet LE let them go traipsing around in there "doing their own investigation".

And it wasn't just Tammy...Dan and Dillon apparently took a quad back there as well.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

SBM
BROUSSEAU: As a matter of fact, you know, as we were coming down here and came to the lake to look for the girls, he didn`t even know about it. He was at home with his 16-year-old son, Dillon. And the mother, Misty, his wife, she was at work here in Evansdale, Elk Run, which is -- they`re connected. And when Misty got down here to the lake with me and my mother -- Grandma, you know, Misty called Dan immediately. Dan doesn`t have a vehicle. Dan`s mother -- he called his mother. She got off work real quick, went and grabbed Dan and Dillon and brought them down here.

And they started right in on with the rest of us as soon as we were allowed to get to the area where the bicycles were found and the crime tape was released, we were allowed to go in there and just start our own hunt. And that`s what we did. Dan got his four-wheeler and his son, and they went in and just started doing what a dad would do.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

It certainly didn't appear that LE was concerned about that area being the location of the abduction, otherwise I would hope that they wouldn't let anyone back in that area in the hopes of not compromising a scent trail.

Thank you Otto! That makes a big difference. I'm almost certain that LE probably brought those dogs back later when the general public wasn't around and did a thorough search. Like my son always tells me, when it comes to kids LE tends takes it personal and can't let it go. From what I've seen of Abben he has shown a lot of compassion and there were several others so I feel confident that LE is doing everything in their power to get to the bottom of this case and get it solved.

I seem to recall that police were in the Maiden Lane area one night with spot lights. I don't remember who posted it ... may have been one of the posters that lives in the area. I don't think that means that the dogs tracked to the area. It seems clear to me that if someone wanted to abduct two children from that part of the lake, the best way to conceal a vehicle is on Maiden Lane ... so naturally the area has to be checked.

We need to keep in mind that Tammy claimed that 4 acres is 400 acres, so we know that her perceptions are completely distorted. She apparently saw the dogs and their handlers walk to Maiden Lane. She assumed that the dogs were leading their handlers, but the handlers could just as easily have been leading their dogs in order to search the area. FBI have stated that the dogs "tracked" from the bikes to the drainage pipe at the lake, so it makes sense to believe the FBI rather than a bystander with distorted perceptions.

I'm pretty sure I read that the scent also lead to the wooded area. Not completely in it but to it.

I have searched the topic and FBI have stated that the dogs tracked from the bikes to the water edge near the bikes ... at the drainage pipe. Tammy claimed that the dogs did something else, but she also claims that 4 acres is 400 acres.

Could you please post any quote from FBI, Breault, or investigators stating that the dogs tracked to the forest. Without a quote, I think we have to go on the facts ... which is that they tracked to the water near the bikes.

Not sure if this has been posted already or not.

UPDATE: Supervised release not reinstated for Dan Morrissey

WATERLOO, Iowa --- A judge did not reinstate the supervised release for Daniel Morrissey, but his bond was reduced.

For this particular case, Staudt set the bond at $75,000 cash assurity, down from $125,000.

The judge also ruled in favor of the state’s motion to include enhancements related to prior offenses. If Morrissey is convicted of the lesser-included charge of possession of a controlled substance for either count, as opposed to possession with intent to deliver, an enhancement trial would follow for being a third offender and habitual felon.

more at link

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_9d4cb31c-7fa1-11e2-9af9-001a4bcf887a.html

I don't think there was an official update to the public from LE stating where the dogs for sure tracked the girls scent.

I don't think there was an official update to the public from LE stating where the dogs for sure tracked the girls scent.

The FBI released an official statement regarding the information gathered through the use of scent dogs:

“The scent did lead to the water, which is also where their bikes were found,” she said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett