IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI released an official statement regarding the information gathered through the use of scent dogs:

"In the Evansdale case, Breault [FBI] said the dogs had indicated the girls’ scent was in the area near Meyers Lake.

“The scent did lead to the water, which is also where their bikes were found,” she said."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_e795f002-d1ad-11e1-b983-001a4bcf887a.html

Yes Breault says the scent lead the dogs to the water, but they were also lead to maiden lane.

We need to keep in mind that Tammy claimed that 4 acres is 400 acres, so we know that her perceptions are completely distorted. She apparently saw the dogs and their handlers walk to Maiden Lane. She assumed that the dogs were leading their handlers, but the handlers could just as easily have been leading their dogs in order to search the area. FBI have stated that the dogs "tracked" from the bikes to the drainage pipe at the lake, so it makes sense to believe the FBI rather than a bystander with distorted perceptions.

I think she was re-referencing the 400 yards of woods that was referenced shortly before that in the NG interview. I think she just accidentally said "acres" instead of "yards". I don't think she should be dismissed as having a distorted perception because she had a slip of the tongue during one of the most traumatic periods of her life.

Has it been verified that there are actually 4 acres of woods in that spot? I drive by there near daily. We farm and I'm pretty familiar with the size of an acre. I think 4 acres sounds like a generous overestimate of the amount of wooded land that is there. Those "woods" are very small. I wouldn't have even considered it "woods", but more just a spot where there are a bunch of trees.

I think she was re-referencing the 400 yards of woods that was referenced shortly before that in the NG interview. I think she just accidentally said "acres" instead of "yards". I don't think she should be dismissed as having a distorted perception because she had a slip of the tongue during one of the most traumatic periods of her life.

Has it been verified that there are actually 4 acres of woods in that spot? I drive by there near daily. We farm and I'm pretty familiar with the size of an acre. I think 4 acres sounds like a generous overestimate of the amount of wooded land that is there. Those "woods" are very small. I wouldn't have even considered it "woods", but more just a spot where there are a bunch of trees.

I couldn't of said it any better. Your right it's just a bunch of trees.

I also don't think that by the slip of the tongue it should be implied that she's wrong or lying about everything she says.

I don't think she's full of crap when she says that after LE did their investigation of the roped off area that they were allowed back there to do their own searching around.

She may be excitable when it comes to describing situations and may not have a good perception of the size of a piece of land, but I don't think everything she said should be dismissed as completely irrelevant.

I mean, the FBI and all the spokespeople went on national TV for a week and said "we have no reason to believe this was an abduction" and "we STRONGLY believe the girls are alive". Should we just dismiss everything THEY said during their statements as well? Because they were wrong too. Tammy was wrong about the size of a wooded area, the FBI was wrong about 2 girls being alive and NOT abducted. Which is more concerning?

:banghead:

I have shared my theory before and here it is again. I believe that the girls were befriended by the perp on their many bike rides. I think they gained his trust over a matter of weeks maybe months. I think he also planned this for weeks maybe months. The perp is single, middle-aged and has a clean record. He has fantasized about something like this but never took it this far. I think the perp promised the girls a big adventure, example horse ride, etc. I think the day was planned for just that and the girls were very excited to meet up with the perp. (Thus the way they rode so fast past the camera). I think they were told to meet up with the perp at the back of the lake, so he could conceal his vehicle by maiden lane. I think the girls propped their bikes up against the fence, went to the waters edge to play while waiting for the perp. When the perp whistled from the tree line, the girls went to where (maiden lane) where his vehicle was parked. The purse was just left behind because they were excited.

The perp took them to his property but on the way there told them to keep down, so their family wouldn't see them because this was a secret. Once at the perps property the girls were seperated, molested and killed during the weekend, he had to finish his dirty deed before Monday. He hid the bodies away and moved them to 7 bridges much much later.

I would also like to add that I think the killer is an avid hunter, is local, and has lived in the area of Dunkerton/ Readlyn. But now lives in another town.

I have shared my theory before and here it is again. I believe that the girls were befriended by the perp on their many bike rides. I think they gained his trust over a matter of weeks maybe months. I think he also planned this for weeks maybe months. The perp is single, middle-aged and has a clean record. He has fantasized about something like this but never took it this far. I think the perp promised the girls a big adventure, example horse ride, etc. I think the day was planned for just that and the girls were very excited to meet up with the perp. (Thus the way they rode so fast past the camera). I think they were told to meet up with the perp at the back of the lake, so he could conceal his vehicle by maiden lane. I think the girls propped their bikes up against the fence, went to the waters edge to play while waiting for the perp. When the perp whistled from the tree line, the girls went to where (maiden lane) where his vehicle was parked. The purse was just left behind because they were excited.

The perp took them to his property but on the way there told them to keep down, so their family wouldn't see them because this was a secret. Once at the perps property the girls were seperated, molested and killed during the weekend, he had to finish his dirty deed before Monday. He hid the bodies away and moved them to 7 bridges much much later.

I think this is a very reasonable scenario. I can't see a reason why this couldn't have happened.

Yes Breault says the scent lead the dogs to the water, but they were also lead to maiden lane.

Yes, according to Tammy the dogs and handlers were in other areas, but they only tracked from the bikes to the nearby water.

Not sure if this has been posted already or not.

UPDATE: Supervised release not reinstated for Dan Morrissey

WATERLOO, Iowa --- A judge did not reinstate the supervised release for Daniel Morrissey, but his bond was reduced.

For this particular case, Staudt set the bond at $75,000 cash assurity, down from $125,000.

The judge also ruled in favor of the state’s motion to include enhancements related to prior offenses. If Morrissey is convicted of the lesser-included charge of possession of a controlled substance for either count, as opposed to possession with intent to deliver, an enhancement trial would follow for being a third offender and habitual felon.

more at link

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_9d4cb31c-7fa1-11e2-9af9-001a4bcf887a.html

Ty for link !!

This quote jumped out at me as I was under the impression that DM had been wearing an "anklet" prior to his recent arrest:

Schoeberl asked Judge David Staudt to consider Morrissey’s personal trauma in recent months and place him back on pretrial release with tighter restrictions, like a GPS device attached to his ankle.

Btw, nice to see the article received some comments, though I'm not sure they all read the same article.

Yes, according to Tammy the dogs and handlers were in other areas, but they only tracked from the bikes to the nearby water.

And according to Tammy, there were 400 acres of forest - so don't forget the grain of salt when considering her comments! JMO

I don't think there was an official update to the public from LE stating where the dogs for sure tracked the girls scent.

I remember that very thing being said. I suggest anyone interested about it start reading from thread one. ;) I know we discussed that at length.
:moo:

I'm so sick of going over the same old stuff, as I'm sure everyone else is.

There has been contradictory information since Day One and I believe it is way past time LE gave us some clarity.

For example -

When was the last official sighting?
Do LE believe the girls were abducted from the lake, or somewhere else?
What is the reasoning behind stating they were still alive for weeks after their disappearance?

And most importantly for me - what does the autopsy tell us?

Until we get something more we are all just re-arguing the same stuff. No one is "right" or "wrong" because LE have given us so little we actually don't know what they're thinking. We are all just guessing.

Heck, some are passionately arguing the exact opposite theory they had only 2 months ago, with no obvious reason for their convictions to have changed. :confused:

This case is in danger of withering up and turning cold, and I sincerely hope it's not because Evansdale at large wants to turn a blind eye, and BHSCO is playing some "clever" tactic by denying the public information.

The pathetic turn out at the police public forum is not a good indication that public confidence in local LE is high, in my opinion. :(

There has been contradictory information since Day One and I believe it is way past time LE gave us some clarity.

For example -

What is the reasoning behind stating they were still alive for weeks after their disappearance?

Until we get something more we are all just re-arguing the same stuff. No one is "right" or "wrong" because LE have given us so little we actually don't know what they're thinking. We are all just guessing.

Heck, some are passionately arguing the exact opposite theory they had only 2 months ago, with no obvious reason for their convictions to have changed. :confused:

This case is in danger of withering up and turning cold, and I sincerely hope it's not because Evansdale at large wants to turn a blind eye, and BHSCO is playing some "clever" tactic by denying the public information.

The pathetic turn out at the police public forum is not a good indication that public confidence in local LE is high, in my opinion. :(

Eloquently worded and all so very true! :moo::moo::moo:

For example -

I know I'm guilty of appearing to have changed my convictions, even though really nothing has changed for me. :( I just don't even know WHAT to believe. There are so many theories on here, yet every single one of them has to include SOME sort of assumption OR disregard for what has appeared in MSM in some way, shape, or form.

There aren't enough facts given by LE to support anyone's theory. One person may feel the family is involved...well, LE says they are "cleared" (take that word "cleared" down the road of what it really means). Some people think the cyclist may be involved, yet LE doesn't even acknowledge he exists! Some people think a RSO (local) is responsible, yet RSO's were "cleared" by LE as well. Some people think it was completely random...well, you gotta be a local to know about 7 bridges.

The madness never stops. I know I really don't feel 100% confident in ANY theory as to what happened. Until more info is released I just can't come up with a theory that is not only believable, but also supported by facts LE has shared.

:(

I can't see how LE withholding so much information is helping anybody.

It would be different if there'd been an arrest but there's been nothing. Just silence for nearly 8 months now.

I just don't get why the whole town isn't in an uproar. :confused:

For example -

I, for one, have missed seeing you here!!! (:

The following is to all WSers:

LE can't tell the general public everything they might know (or even suspect) because the perp and WS, for that matter, ARE THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

I would also like to add that I think the killer is an avid hunter, is local, and has lived in the area of Dunkerton/ Readlyn. But now lives in another town.

Thank you for your insightful theory, Cinder! I have followed this thread (mostly lurking) from the beginning and have certainly respected all theories, ideas, and contributions from this passionate group. As a local, I have been wrestling with the perp's choice to leave the girls' bodies at 7 Bridges. I believe I've read other posters (in addition to Cinder) suggest that the perp was an avid hunter. I would very much be interested in hearing why people feel strongly about this. Anyone care to share their opinion?

I tend to lean the other way. Assuming the perp did not want the bodies to be found for some time, why 7 Bridges? It seems to me that the only locals who would consider 7 Bridges as remote would be Iowa's version of urbanites - the majority of whom might not fit the avid hunter type. I would feel comfortable with the grand generalization of most avid hunter types in Iowa as being folks who live in small towns or 'in the country', as we say. Furthermore, I would think most rural folk would view 7 Bridges - or any other public land for the matter - as far from remote or secluded.

Any thoughts?

I can't see how LE withholding so much information is helping anybody.

It would be different if there'd been an arrest but there's been nothing. Just silence for nearly 8 months now.

I just don't get why the whole town isn't in an uproar. :confused:

And yet the whole town doesn't seem to be in an uproar, which indicates IMO that they are okay with how the case is being handled.

And according to Tammy, there were 400 acres of forest - so don't forget the grain of salt when considering her comments! JMO

FBI said the dogs tracked to the water near the bikes, Tammy said the dogs tracked in other places ... I do take Tammy's comments as being an opinion not based in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qfemale