IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It happened July 13. It's now February 2. That's almost 7 months. What it looks like to me is that a predator is living in the Evansdale area. In cases where two young girls are abducted and left murdered in a very isolated place, it's usually a bad sign ... like it might happen again ... to another young girl. If the perp is still unidentified in the summer of 2013, I don't think anyone is going to be relaxed.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like a small, formerly safe place and until the perp is caught, it cannot be a safe place ... seems like police cannot let this one go.

Just jumping off of your post here. If police have no clue who did this, then it may never be solved. What if the perp was killed in a car accident? Chances are the case would never be solved and the town would never feel safe.

It's been so long since the girls were abducted and killed that the killer could really be anywhere. Could have been someone who had planned on moving away. Everyone thought he left that morning for his new home and never mentioned him because he doesnt live here anymore.

Yes, that is a worry I had for you out walking around speaking to people. He/she is not going to wear a sign identifying themselves as the killer. They have blended in and evaded capture for this long, they probably don't have horns or fangs. If they felt threatened by you...

Do you belong to any groups or organizations? When you are sitting at the coffee break you could innocently ask folks opinions of the murders without saying too much yourself, maybe you wonder who possibly could do such a thing, and will it ever be solved. Others may be very happy to unload in a safe environment.

But I certainly would not go and talk to anyone alone unless you know them very, very well and are sure there is no way they could be involved. More than once people I know have been horrified to find out a family member or someone they thought they knew had a terrible dark side.

I hope LE has some operatives out and about, here and there, passing on the scuttlebutt they hear. Amazing what hairdressers, barbers, cab drivers, waitresses, bartenders, cleaning ladies, and store clerks overhear!
Yes Im sure those businesses do overhear a lot! I'm never alone when Im out around the public. Usually Im just asking friends I've known for years what they think or have heard, etc. :seeya:

respectfully snipped from NWLady's above

How common is it that families of victims do NOT want to know who is responsible for the death of their family member?
It's not uncommon to not want to know details, but to not want to know WHO did it?

BBM Has any of the family stated they don't want to know who killed the girls? Or is this speculation? I had not seen or read any statements indicating the family involved does not want to know who killed the girls so this portion of the post confuses me.

July 13th 2012 two girls missing from Evansdale iowa. July 25th 2012 attempted abduction in Slater Iowa, the same day another attempted abduction in Colo, Iowa. August 1st, 2012 attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. August 16th 2012 attempted abduction in Waukee, Iowa.

I find it very strange how this ramped up after July 13th, and now you don't hear about anymore abduction attempts in Iowa.

respectfully snipped from NWLady's above

BBM Has any of the family stated they don't want to know who killed the girls? Or is this speculation? I had not seen or read any statements indicating the family involved does not want to know who killed the girls so this portion of the post confuses me.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-missing-iowa-girls-find-girls/story?id=16784357

Taken from link:

Heather Collins had a message for whoever took her daughter and niece.

"I want to say to them that my husband and I have forgiven them," she said. "God has forgiven them already. So we have forgiven them and we just want our children back safe and sound. That's all we want. We don't even want to know who the person is."

(This was when the girls were still missing, so it's possible she was coached by the LE to make that statement in hopes of finding the killer.) Not sleuthing the family, just :cow:

Taken from link:

"I want to say to them that my husband and I have forgiven them," she said. "God has forgiven them already. So we have forgiven them and we just want our children back safe and sound. That's all we want. We don't even want to know who the person is."

This was before the girls were still missing, so it's possible she was coached by the LE to make that statement in hopes of finding the killer. Not sleuthing the family, just :cow:

I would agree ... it sounds like a statement about wanting the girls back. Now that they're not coming back, finding out who did this should be a priority.

We also know that they are in favor of the death penalty, which, for me, seems to contradict the part about forgiveness.

July 13th 2012 two girls missing from Evansdale iowa. July 25th 2012 attempted abduction in Slater Iowa, the same day another attempted abduction in Colo, Iowa. August 1st, 2012 attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. August 16th 2012 attempted abduction in Waukee, Iowa.

I find it very strange how this ramped up after July 13th, and now you don't hear about anymore abduction attempts in Iowa.

Yes, we still hear of more abduction attempts in Iowa: (link provides powerful story of dad tackling the guy, photo of alleged abductor)
http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...16938/-/format/rsss_2.0/-/tf1bvm/-/index.html

And there are more....

I must be completely missing something. How could the family continue to be an integral part of the search for a murderer? They had to be front and centre when the children were missing to ensure police and public that the family were not involved in the disappearance. Now that the children have been found, I don't know of anything more that they can do except hope that there is an arrest, trial and conviction.

Heather is hosting a Valentine's event. That's an excellent way to keep the investigation in the news. Maybe the media could do a story on that event just to remind the public that the case is not yet solved.

Where did you read about the Valentine's event? I would like to read it, too. Thanks!

Taken from link:

(This was when the girls were still missing, so it's possible she was coached by the LE to make that statement in hopes of finding the killer.) Not sleuthing the family, just :cow:

Thank you, yes, this was from July 16, 2012, mere days after the girls were taken, this was the statement in which Heather plead with the abductor(s) to please let the girls go, and reassured the abductor(s) that she and Drew were not interested in even who the abductors were if they would just let the girls go, all is forgiven, yada yada. We all speculated at the time that this statement was crafted with the help of LE, possibly FBI.

I do not think that statement, directed at the perp(s) can be by any stretch taken to mean that the Collins family has no interest in knowing who killed their child. MOO Lots has changed since July 16, 2012, not the least of which the live children they were pleading for the return of turned up murdered.

Where did you read about the Valentine's event? I would like to read it, too. Thanks!

I have read that it's a facebook announcement ... maybe someone with an account has the link.

I was part of a group FB page regarding the girls but was summarily "dropped" last week. Not sure why as I really didn't post there, simply read. If anyone gets the info about the Valentine event I would love to hear more about it.l

Maybe I'm naive, but maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if the perp(s) know that LE knows certain things about the case. If the perp thinks he's gotten away with it, he may mess up, true. But if he knows they are on his trail, the same thing could happen. He could mess up due to his paranoia.

You know, honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think it might be a good sign that they aren't talking and/or pleading with the public for help

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

It is strange and allllll the white vans are gone as well.

Thank you, yes, this was from July 16, 2012, mere days after the girls were taken, this was the statement in which Heather plead with the abductor(s) to please let the girls go, and reassured the abductor(s) that she and Drew were not interested in even who the abductors were if they would just let the girls go, all is forgiven, yada yada. We all speculated at the time that this statement was crafted with the help of LE, possibly FBI.

I do not think that statement, directed at the perp(s) can be by any stretch taken to mean that the Collins family has no interest in knowing who killed their child. MOO Lots has changed since July 16, 2012, not the least of which the live children they were pleading for the return of turned up murdered.

Whether or not they want the killer found, and I'm sure they do, would have no bearing on the investigation. LE is still going to do their best to make a strong case and make an arrest. IMO the Collinses just don't want to know the gorey details, which would come out at trial, like it or not.

I have read that it's a facebook announcement ... maybe someone with an account has the link.

I am FB "friends" with Heather Collins and have not seen any such announcement. But there are other FB pages for the girls, so it may be on one of them.

I would agree ... it sounds like a statement about wanting the girls back. Now that they're not coming back, finding out who did this should be a priority.

We also know that they are in favor of the death penalty, which, for me, seems to contradict the part about forgiveness.

BBM

Drew Collins said the families who are connected through the tragedy launched a Facebook group last week called “Enough is Enough” that supports reintroduction of the death penalty in Iowa. The Collins’ own web page, where they once posted reward amounts for information that led to the safe return of their daughter and niece, will soon host petitions to reintroduce the death penalty to Iowa. That web page can be found here at www.picbadges.com/badge/2652852/#.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/d...cle_acd2d2c0-6dc8-11e2-8985-0019bb2963f4.html

Heather may not want to know all of the gruesome details, but I feel certain she would like to know who killed her daughter.

The disparity between Heather's forgiveness of the killer(s) and the stance she and Drew have taken on the death penalty is striking. Perhaps they feel there is God's law, where all is forgiven, and man's law, where child killers are put to death?

I am FB "friends" with Heather Collins and have not seen any such announcement. But there are other FB pages for the girls, so it may be on one of them.

I don't have the link anymore, but it might have been a Heather and Drew link.

He and Heather have often spoken about their strong Christian faith and said they forgive the person or persons who kidnapped and killed their daughter and niece. But they still want to see the culprit face capital punishment.

"I can forgive someone and Heather can forgive someone, but they still have to meet justice. They have to be punished for what they’ve done," he said. "It’s just not fair that they can take a life and can sit in prison and live their life out. And their family can go see them. We don’t get to see our daughter. She’s gone."

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...y-re-instated-in-iowa-will-meet-with-branstad

BBM

Drew Collins said the families who are connected through the tragedy launched a Facebook group last week called “Enough is Enough” that supports reintroduction of the death penalty in Iowa. The Collins’ own web page, where they once posted reward amounts for information that led to the safe return of their daughter and niece, will soon host petitions to reintroduce the death penalty to Iowa. That web page can be found here at www.picbadges.com/badge/2652852/#.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/d...cle_acd2d2c0-6dc8-11e2-8985-0019bb2963f4.html

Heather may not want to know all of the gruesome details, but I feel certain she would like to know who killed her daughter.

The disparity between Heather's forgiveness of the killer(s) and the stance she and Drew have taken on the death penalty is striking. Perhaps they feel there is God's law, where all is forgiven, and man's law, where child killers are put to death?

Here's the link to the Enough is Enough Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cousinsenoughisenough

I'm also facebook friends with Heather, and a member of several groups. I couldn't find that event either, but I know I got an invite at some point. Curious. Maybe it was cancelled? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member