IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: for those following Dylan Redwine missing in CO, I just saw the preview, the parents will be on Dr Phil on Tuesday, looks quite interesting.

another OT
Prelim trial for AS in the Jessica Ridgeway case was today. Several new articles with disturbing details in her thread. :candle:

another OT
Prelim trial for AS in the Jessica Ridgeway case was today. Several new articles with disturbing details in her thread. :candle:

Interesting how the neighbor tipped off LE about his obsession with death and recognized the cross that was revealed by LE to the public prior to his mother contacting LE.
That is what bugs me about this case, no clues other than that grainy video.
I wish there was some other piece of info/clue LE would let out to the public to help find the girl's killer(s).

So both bridges were open then in 2012? I thought the article states that the McFarland bridge was NOT open. I haven't ridden the trail, so I don't know which bridge/bridges would be used to bike the route given the route the cyclist took. Makes me wonder how far the workers (if any) would have been from the lake (possibly taking a break) or would have been able to watch the girls at the lake.:waitasec:

I'm not familiar with which bridge the cyclist would have used from Gilbertville to the lake so any help understanding the bridges/route would be appreciated.

I see from Otto's map where it appears the cyclist rode, but I am not knowledgeable enough to know where the bridges are on the map.

Thanks!

No, only the Evansdale bridge was open in 2012. The Cedar Valley Nature Trail is 52 miles long, running between Hiawatha and Evansdale. The Evansdale bridge reopened in July 2011 but the McFarlane bridge, east of La Porte City, was not reopened until January 2013. According to the cyclist, he rode only a portion of the Cedar Valley Nature Trail, the portion from the Gilbertville Depot to Evansdale, so would not have been near the closed McFarlane bridge on July 13, 2012. The cyclist's reported route would take him across the Evansdale bridge which had been completed a year earlier. I don't have Otto's map handy at the moment, but the Evansdale bridge is south of I-380. You can see where it crosses over the Cedar River about one-third of the way down River Rd.

More than 7 months and were still hanging on...hoping, praying, wishing for answers to who murdered Lyric and Elizabeth!

This forum was full of members at one time. Now just the 20 or so of us left posting our personal and unique thoughts, theories and speculations. No matter how bizarre or contrasting our beliefs are...we are all in this together!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There may be just 20 that stay and post, but I'm betting there are still many of us that check in and will be back if/when there is some progress/news/new info. There's only so much to be said....and it's all been said. 8-(

We've been focused on drug dealers for while ... what about criminal deviants like Austin Sigg (equal rights etc.) ... are there any deviants in Blackhawk County that have gone under the radar because of youth, or who live in the area and simply haven't been identified? It sounds like Austin Sigg, at the age of 16/17, was involved with animal killings, pedophilia while playing some sort of hide and seek game with girls aged 10-12, attempted abduction of a 20 year old, successful abduction of a 10 year old, murder and dismemberment.

I think the people in Evansdale should take a careful look at the people that do business in Evansdale ... it is someone familiar with area, that much we know.

There may be just 20 that stay and post, but I'm betting there are still many of us that check in and will be back if/when there is some progress/news/new info. There's only so much to be said....and it's all been said. 8-(

This case was posted internationally as a missing children case at the beginning. As it turned out, the children were only 20 miles North or where their bikes were found. I doubt that the international community has completely stopped paying attention.

More than 7 months and were still hanging on...hoping, praying, wishing for answers to who murdered Lyric and Elizabeth!

This forum was full of members at one time. Now just the 20 or so of us left posting our personal and unique thoughts, theories and speculations. No matter how bizarre or contrasting our beliefs are...we are all in this together!

We still need a map of the bike route. I can't see any way that the cyclist was not in the very same area as the children when they were abducted. I wonder if he could be hypnotized to help him remember if he saw anything.

The cyclist does not take the bike trail that is set out by the city. After riding from the parking lot to Elmer and Gilbert at about 12:30, right on Gilbert (at the same time that the children were at Elmer and Gilbert), he cycles North to Lafayette and the girls cycle South on Arbutus ... the bike trail turns left on Lafayette, towards Brovan, but the cyclist turned right and looped back to the SE tip of Maiden Lane.

We still need a map of the bike route. I can't see any way that the cyclist was not in the very same area as the children when they were abducted. I wonder if he could be hypnotized to help him remember if he saw anything.

The cyclist does not take the bike trail that is set out by the city. After riding from the parking lot to Elmer and Gilbert at about 12:30, right on Gilbert (at the same time that the children were at Elmer and Gilbert), he cycles North to Lafayette and the girls cycle South on Arbutus ... the bike trail turns left on Lafayette, towards Brovan, but the cyclist turned right and looped back to the SE tip of Maiden Lane.

I don't see how TG could have seen the girls' bikes when/where he said he did, assuming we stick with the info released by LE. He could have seen two other bikes, although that seems very coincidental. JMO

Based on that, I do not include TG's sighting when pondering this case. JMO.

I know I'm making a simple statement....... I think someone knows something, or saw someone but they are afraid to talk. Maybe it is time that someone stopped being selfish and put 2 little murdered girls before themself. imoo

I know I'm making a simple statement....... I think someone knows something, or saw someone but they are afraid to talk. Maybe it is time that someone stopped being selfish and put 2 little murdered girls before themself. imoo

I wonder if the person who knows something might be fearful for their own safety if they reveal what they know.:waitasec:

I'm starting to wonder if the only thing LE even HAS is witness accounts and nothing more to be used as evidence in court. :furious:

Even if people come forward and say they saw something (which according to Smock the tip lines were receiving calls for weeks), doesn't there have to be much more than that to prove someone is guilty of murder?

Let's say that someone was riding the trail and happened to see "a man" (or whomever) walking 2 girls along the trail in that general vicinity.
They give a vague description "had on shorts and a white shirt" said the girls weren't kicking and screaming etc. but didn't see any vehicle in the area (Maiden Lane...which is possible considering the dense vegetation and the fact that they were cycling and wouldn't know what they were witnessing).

Even if they DID see a vehicle, I'm not sure anyone would have been thinking enough to get a license plate or even a detailed description of a vehicle. And given the # of white van abductions even if it WAS a white van it could easily have appeared to be a park maintenance worker.

Then what? LE could still have nothing...the girls weren't screaming and fighting, they didn't see the vehicle but DID see a guy (insert vague description) walking with the girls. Is that going to be enough to arrest someone?

I don't think LE would release it even if they do know. I don't know why but I just don't.

I'm still trying to decide if I believe LE has everything but one teeny piece of evidence that will seal the deal to make an arrest, OR if they have NOTHING and that's why they aren't talking.:banghead:

Still hard to believe two young girls riding bicycles in the middle of the day in Evansdale Iowa could just vanish into thin air.

I know the day care walked the children in park prior to the abduction of the girls, it changed it's routine afterwards. Just wonder if the day care walked the children in the park on that day and if so what time would they have taken the children for a walk. Just wondering if day care personal had seen any other children in the park at all besides the one's they supervise. How many kids lived or live on those near by roads and use the park regularly?

I have always believed the girls were abducted from the lake. I have always thought that they were taken at maiden lane area. My only stumbling ground is how did they get in a vehicle there without being seen? I know when I visited the area it was very quiet there and secluded, but the perp had to of had this planned very very well. I can't remember the name of the street that maiden lane come out of, but I do remember that it only has some houses on the north side.

There is so much info and evidence that we don't know. We are only going over and over the things we do know. Oh how I wish LE would throw us just a tiny bit of something.

I'm starting to wonder if the only thing LE even HAS is witness accounts and nothing more to be used as evidence in court. :furious:

Even if people come forward and say they saw something (which according to Smock the tip lines were receiving calls for weeks), doesn't there have to be much more than that to prove someone is guilty of murder?

Let's say that someone was riding the trail and happened to see "a man" (or whomever) walking 2 girls along the trail in that general vicinity.
They give a vague description "had on shorts and a white shirt" said the girls weren't kicking and screaming etc. but didn't see any vehicle in the area (Maiden Lane...which is possible considering the dense vegetation and the fact that they were cycling and wouldn't know what they were witnessing).

Even if they DID see a vehicle, I'm not sure anyone would have been thinking enough to get a license plate or even a detailed description of a vehicle. And given the # of white van abductions even if it WAS a white van it could easily have appeared to be a park maintenance worker.

Then what? LE could still have nothing...the girls weren't screaming and fighting, they didn't see the vehicle but DID see a guy (insert vague description) walking with the girls. Is that going to be enough to arrest someone?

I don't think LE would release it even if they do know. I don't know why but I just don't.

I'm still trying to decide if I believe LE has everything but one teeny piece of evidence that will seal the deal to make an arrest, OR if they have NOTHING and that's why they aren't talking.:banghead:

A vague description of a person isn't going to convict anyone, but it would, hopefully, lead to more evidence. If it lead to a suspect? Or several suspects, then it would be narrowed down by checking alibis, getting search warrants and collecting more evidence. Remember in the very beginning, they said they had collected evidence from the lake. Other than the bikes, cell phone and purse, we haven't been told of anything else that they've found. I personally hold onto the hope that they have something, maybe of the perps, that will tie the whole case together. Tony Thompson was just on Tv the other night confirming that they are withholding some facts. I think thats a possitive sign.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Well again out of sheer frustration I emailed FBI and this time invited them to visit our little forum here. I also begged them to tell us something, that the public is wanting to hear anything, just to know that this case isn't running from cold to freezing.

A vague description of a person isn't going to convict anyone, but it would, hopefully, lead to more evidence. If it lead to a suspect? Or several suspects, then it would be narrowed down by checking alibis, getting search warrants and collecting more evidence. Remember in the very beginning, they said they had collected evidence from the lake. Other than the bikes, cell phone and purse, we haven't been told of anything else that they've found. I personally hold onto the hope that they have something, maybe of the perps, that will tie the whole case together. Tony Thompson was just on Tv the other night confirming that they are withholding some facts. I think thats a possitive sign.

I guess I am just spinning my wheels, because I just can't understand how after they found the girls murdered that they aren't releasing the warning that they need help solving this case.:waitasec:

Is it because they KNOW why the girls were killed? And they don't think this person is a threat to kill again? Who knows. I know we've been over it and over it and it just doesn't make sense to me as to why there just doesn't appear to be a sense of danger in the community after they find the girls murdered. Logically I would then wonder if someone in the family may be responsible, so LE knows there is no real threat to anyone else. It just doesn't make sense.:banghead:

Well, than my email will for sure go nowhere.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members