IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the quote, do you happen to have a context and date ... like a link?

I don't understand why you are asking the same question again and referring to an official government document as a screen dump. The link is on the image.

Have a look ... there it is, right at the top of the image.

evansdale2PM_zps1ffdfea7.jpg

Once again, the document you keep linking is out of the Governor's Office of Drug Control Policy.

www.iowa.gov.odcp

Follow it yourself. The wording of your screen dump begins "The Iowa Departent of Criminal Investigation is requesting you take a few minutes to read this" eg, an INTERNAL MEMO being forwarded by the OCDP on behalf of LE, not the other way around.

Also, Abben has stated the "last seen" time. 12.15. This is indisputable and means all other "sightings" are unconfirmed.

I don't know why you would be relying on a second hand screen dump from the ODCP rather than the actual official statement from the Sheriff's office...:waitasec:

Further, we know gramma went out looking at 12.30, including Meyers Lake. If the girls were on Brovan or anywhere in between, I believe she would've found them.

Or, they would've come when she yelled for them, like they did every other day. The fact that they didn't come when she yelled implies that they were out of earshot - either already abducted, or far away from Brovan.

:cow:

It almost seems like we need two sub-threads for this case: one for those that reject police statements and embrace people that approach media with stories or upload video to the net, and one for those that accept police statements and are skeptical regarding people that approach the media and upload videos.

So where do you fit?

You aren't accepting Abbens statement that the girls were last seen at 12.15...

No one spotted bikes at 12:28. The cyclist was at the NW tip of Meyers Lake, in the parking lot, and used his phone at 12:28. He originally said that he was at the SE tip of Meyers Lake at 12:20. At that time, the children and their bikes were on Brovan. At 12:30-1:00, they were in the area of Elmer/Gilbert/Arbutus. The lawn watering man on Lake Avenue said that he saw the girls on their bikes after lunch while he was watering his lawn. He said that he recognized Elizabeth because she often cycled in the area.

If the cyclist saw two bikes, they did not belong to the children. That means that he is not a witness and whatever he saw is unrelated to the abduction/murder of the children.

It is possible to think the cyclist is a fine man, and also recognize that his comments to the media are unrelated to this case. It seems that this is the position that police have taken.

If TG saw some staged bikes, he absolutely is a witness.

Regarding the quote, do you happen to have a context and date ... like a link?

“Today marks two months since the disappearance of 11-year-old Lyric Cook and 9-year-old Elizabeth Collins,” Rick Abben, chief deputy at the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office, said in a statement Thursday. “Both girls were last seen on July 13 at 12:15 p.m. riding their bicycles away from the Collins residence in Evansdale. We have information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert DR. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-missing-2-months-authorities-plead-for-help/

An excellent point. Even the most upright, honorable, reliable person with good vision and a good view can get things wrong. It's just the nature of human perception. Saying that somebody's sighting didn't pan out does not in the least imply that person was lying.

Go back and reread many of the pages in the beganing and take notes it's hard to remember it all mistakes are always made as you say above human perception and our nature . Yes someone is lying bigtime but who is the question . Someone will slip up and talk .I've been off W/S for awhile but, back now . Hello to all . Hey OTTO HEY FOX

Just to make it all the more confusing, does anyone else remember Evansdale PD saying something like "we are the only ones to listen to", implying perhaps that dodgy information had come out of other agencies?

:dunno:

IMO the ONLY reliable thing on the timeline prior to the finding of the bikes IS the videotape. Everything else is eyewitness and therefore potentially unreliable. Including Wilmas statement as to when they left

Because the images of the girls are so blurry and the timestap is off, I don't even trust the videotape. :moo:

I know what day the girls were abducted and when/where they were found. Other than that, I feel like I'm trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle where half the pieces are missing. :pullhair:

Those that dismiss TG's sighting of the bikes, do you also dismiss his alleged sighting of two men with poles and one in the carpark?

I'm amazed we can spend arguing about black and white timelines while there is something new to sleuth just staring us in the face.

TG himself said his first thought was that the men he saw were involved in the disappearance.

As this has always fit my theory to a T, I'm really interested in anyone elses thoughts.

Because the images of the girls are so blurry and the timestap is off, I don't even trust the videotape. :moo:

I know what day the girls were abducted and when/where they were found. Other than that, I feel like I'm trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle where half the pieces are missing. :pullhair:

I don't trust the videotape, but I do trust Deputy Abben.

He has never misled us, not once.

:cow:

Just to make it all the more confusing, does anyone else remember Evansdale PD saying something like "we are the only ones to listen to", implying perhaps that dodgy information had come out of other agencies?

:dunno:
I took that in reference to any rumors going around.:twocents:

Do you remember it too then? :waitasec:
not in this specific case but I do recall it in Jessica Ridgeway's case so I am not sure if I am confusing the two. But yes I do vaguly recall it. (we have a pretty good timeline.. I will go back and look)

Those that dismiss TG's sighting of the bikes, do you also dismiss his alleged sighting of two men with poles and one in the carpark?

I'm amazed we can spend arguing about black and white timelines while there is something new to sleuth just staring us in the face.

TG himself said his first thought was that the men he saw were involved in the disappearance.

As this has always fit my theory to a T, I'm really interested in anyone elses thoughts.

SS-

I don't dismiss his sighting, I just don't know that his sighting of 2 bikes is relevant when they were seen alive at riding past Mr. C.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-believes-missing-iowa-girls-alive/story?id=16827922

Start at the 1:20 mark. The reporter clearly states "the last person reported seeing the girls was here"...then goes on to say it's directly across from the Evansdale police department and describes him watering his lawn.

I see no reason to keep worrying about the cyclist's sighting when he wasn't the last person to report seeing them alive (and for that matter, he didn't see the girls at all...he only saw 2 bikes).

Mr. C is reportedly the last person to see the girls alive. But I certainly don't want to set the lynch mob loose on Mr. C either.

But I think this report is clear. The last person who reported seeing them alive IS INDEED Mr. C. And we don't have an exact time on that.

I keep expecting to see cindersoot or TCK here:

I Solved a Murder

1000509261001_2161089671001_BIO-I-Solved-a-Murder-0-I-Solved-a-Murder-Episode-0-Preview-Clip-SF-small.jpg

I Solved a Murder is a breathtaking new series about regular people who have gone to extraordinary lengths to solve violent crimes. Dramatic re-creations and first-person accounts tell the captivating stories of these everyday heroes and their determination to discover the truth.

Don't post often on this thread but read it daily.
Cindersoot,
Didn't you post the link to this picture a few minutes ago? Is this a true satellite image taken from the time the girls went missing? It says the photo has been altered? Was the red vehicle and tire tracks added to the picture? This is intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV