Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scouring the net today seeing what else I can find:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...girls-case-mom-says-she-passed-polygraph?lite

At a press conference Monday, chief deputy Captain Rick Abben said evidence indicating the girls are alive was sent to the state crime lab.

So...they had EVIDENCE that indicated the girls were alive at one point. Evidence that can be sent to the state crime lab.

Maybe there is a good possibility that these girls may have been kept alive for longer than we originally thought.

Maybe the reason the family identified the shoes is because they were found naked. Maybe the perp removed all their clothing but their shoes in an effort to rid any DNA on their clothing? :banghead:

Let's brainstorm on what it could be that would be sent to a lab...

My first guess would be a cell phone, maybe?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...girls-case-mom-says-she-passed-polygraph?lite

At a press conference Monday, chief deputy Captain Rick Abben said evidence indicating the girls are alive was sent to the state crime lab.

So...they had EVIDENCE that indicated the girls were alive at one point. Evidence that can be sent to the state crime lab.

Maybe there is a good possibility that these girls may have been kept alive for longer than we originally thought.

Maybe the reason the family identified the shoes is because they were found naked. Maybe the perp removed all their clothing but their shoes in an effort to rid any DNA on their clothing? :banghead:

Wow, I had forgotten that one.

A note written by either girl?

I agree, the only thing I am sure of is the video. I don't feel it is deliberately wrong, just a case of someone wanting to be involved and fudging the time to fit or had the wrong day, something like that.

Yeah, or mistaken about a day or time, or something. Possibly fudging a time because they don't want to admit they were late getting somewhere, or something along those lines.

They found the cell phone and the purse. Maybe they thought there could be stranger DNA on those?

For some reason, I thought it was a voice message that made LE think they were alive but it was found to have been left before they disappeared.

For some reason, I thought it was a voice message that made LE think they were alive but it was found to have been left before they disappeared.

Yeah, but that wouldn't be something you'd deliver to the lab, would it?

Yeah, but that wouldn't be something you'd deliver to the lab, would it?

I don't know, you might, if it was undated. I think LE simply jumped the gun in putting out that they believed the girls to be alive and it caused a lot of false hope, not to mention endless speculation about trafficking, which I never thought was a factor here, Jmo.

Drew mentioned finding that message like 8 days AFTER the girls went missing if memory serves me correctly.

Which now begs the question as to how that message wouldn't have been found by LE if they had confiscated all the family's phones.

Please don't tell me they took the phones of specific family members only.

Drew mentioned finding that message like 8 days AFTER the girls went missing if memory serves me correctly.

Which now begs the question as to how that message wouldn't have been found by LE if they had confiscated all the family's phones.

I've never understood how the voicemail wasn't discovered until days later. Not because that is uncommon in normal life, but because their kids are missing and LE had their phones.

I'm sure it was nice to find a vmail from their missing daughter but it's not evidence of any kind and not really relevant to the case in any way.

I do wonder what was sent to the crime lab.

COD could be easier to speculate in if we knew the condition of the bodies.

I think the COD tests are back, but they just aren't releasing it:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ns-death-details-kept-confidential-by-police/

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock told The Des Moines Register on Wednesday that the causes and other details about the deaths of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric will be kept confidential in order to protect the investigation.

Causes

So, let's get nit-picky :floorlaugh: when he says causeS does he mean plural because there are 2 girls? OR does he mean causeS meaning the girls had different or more than one manner of death?

BBM - I for one love the way you're thinking !

And, like you... and probably IMO at least 98 3/4 % posters here... I don't know the answer to that question though I did pose it to the brd in the past.

I would still be interested in what members of this brd might think.

I think soil samples, any clothing, shoes, the bikes, Elizabeth's purse and cell phone, family computers, family cell phones. We saw a paper coffee cup being bagged at Meyers Lake. We can only hope more evidence was found at 7 Bridges.

I've never understood how the voicemail wasn't discovered until days later. Not because that is uncommon in normal life, but because their kids are missing and LE had their phones.

I'm sure it was nice to find a vmail from their missing daughter but it's not evidence of any kind and not really relevant to the case in any way.

I do wonder what was sent to the crime lab.

COD could be easier to speculate in if we knew the condition of the bodies.

I think finding a vmail from their missing daughter days after they went missing would be evidence and very relevant. Apparently it did not pan out to be anything, but maybe I'm missing the bigger picture.

I think the COD tests are back, but they just aren't releasing it:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ns-death-details-kept-confidential-by-police/

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock told The Des Moines Register on Wednesday that the causes and other details about the deaths of 8-year-old Elizabeth and 10-year-old Lyric will be kept confidential in order to protect the investigation.

Causes

So, let's get nit-picky :floorlaugh: when he says causeS does he mean plural because there are 2 girls? OR does he mean causeS meaning the girls had different or more than one manner of death?

Something else bothers me about this case, the police chief and one of the families being good friends. Not that there is anything wrong with them being friends. It is a small community after all. I just hope the family has not placed all bets on one member of LE.

BBM - I for one love the way you're thinking !

And, like you... and probably IMO at least 98 3/4 % posters here... I don't know the answer to that question though I did pose it to the brd in the past.

I would still be interested in what members of this brd might think.

One was strangled and the other was left to die. . .

BBM - I totally understand what you're saying. IMHO, it could very well be LE who discovered the message...

At any rate, I for one, firmly believe that LE, w/out prejudice, checked on every immediate family member of our little girls... and rightly so.

I am reminded of the case of the neighbor (babysitters husband) who smothered a little girl in a vacant house down the block as he sexually assaulted her.

I am still not sold on the location the bodies were found being the location the girls died.

SO wish something would break on this case.

Feeling mighty disheartened with this case. :(

I think they mean 1 cause of death per person would be plural = causes of death.

I think finding a vmail from their missing daughter days after they went missing would be evidence and very relevant. Apparently it did not pan out to be anything, but maybe I'm missing the bigger picture.

Well...I do find it quite odd that the same day Drew magically finds this voice mail that was supposedly from "the day before they went missing" that the FBI comes out with the first statements of strongly believing the girls to be alive, won't disclose how or why, and aren't discouraged by the passing of time since their disappearance:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8744458

Coincidence? Or was the information about the message somehow leaked and then they SAY it was from the day before they went missing as to not set off the abductor.

As far as WE know it's amounted to nothing...but we are not privy to any of the behind the scenes information, so maybe it WAS something.

Well...I do find it quite odd that the same day Drew magically finds this voice mail that was supposedly from "the day before they went missing" that the FBI comes out with the first statements of strongly believing the girls to be alive, won't disclose how or why, and aren't discouraged by the passing of time since their disappearance:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8744458

Coincidence? Or was the information about the message somehow leaked and then they SAY it was from the day before they went missing as to not set off the abductor.

As far as WE know it's amounted to nothing...but we are not privy to any of the behind the scenes information, so maybe it WAS something.

I thought they played the Vmail on the video interview with drew and heather.

One thing that has always puzzled me but I have no opinion on since I'm just baffled by it.....is the first few days Misty, Dan, Wylma, Dan's mom, Tammy, etc were right out front giving interviews and speaking with the media. We heard nothing from Drew and Heather those first few days. But now we only hear from drew and heather, the rest of the family has been silent. It's just odd to me, I don't know why.

I thought they played the Vmail on the video interview with drew and heather.

One thing that has always puzzled me but I have no opinion on since I'm just baffled by it.....is the first few days Misty, Dan, Wylma, Dan's mom, Tammy, etc were right out front giving interviews and speaking with the media. We heard nothing from Drew and Heather those first few days. But now we only hear from drew and heather, the rest of the family has been silent. It's just odd to me, I don't know why.

I have noticed this too. It's all very bizarre how the tides have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79