IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone kindly remind me the date of DM's upcoming court appearance? I know it's been discussed ad nauseum, and yet, I can't find it!

ETA: Nevermind. Found it! 9/13/13.

Numbers and dates and days sometimes just have the oddest coincidences don't they? Or is it just the Universe getting itself back in balance? Will the devil have to pay his due this Friday the 13th?

Numbers and dates and days sometimes just have the oddest coincidences don't they? Or is it just the Universe getting itself back in balance? Will the devil have to pay his due this Friday the 13th?

Oh, wow. Friday 13.

I have seen this sort of thing crop up too damn often in solved cases for it to be entirely coincidental.

It does sometimes seem as though the Hand of God works in these cases and the date "coincidences" are a reminder of that. Often the next sentence will be "it was a miracle we found him/her/the evidence".

I sincerely hope that we get some answers this week...I think we possibly will. Maybe not immediately, but DM must have something explosive to say if they've agreed to close the hearing.

:cow:

Oh, wow. Friday 13.

I have seen this sort of thing crop up too damn often in solved cases for it to be entirely coincidental.

It does sometimes seem as though the Hand of God works in these cases and the date "coincidences" are a reminder of that. Often the next sentence will be "it was a miracle we found him/her/the evidence".

I sincerely hope that we get some answers this week...I think we possibly will. Maybe not immediately, but DM must have something explosive to say if they've agreed to close the hearing.

Amen.

Oh, wow. Friday 13.

I'm still trying to process the fact that the "1ST PART OF SENTENCING WILL BE IN JUDGE'S CHAMBERS & CLOSED TO PUBLIC" (from Iowa Courts Online). If this is in fact completely unprecedented state-wide as the Assistant County Attorney states (http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...314-1180-11e3-a7c6-0019bb2963f4.html#comments), I believe you're right, SS. Something explosive, indeed. And nary a mention of it in the local press. Hmm.

Yes...indeed.

The whole "girls vanished the day before DM's plea bargain" scenario was always just too much for me.

He's clearly a criminal, an unrepentant one too apparently. Such an individual is capable of all sorts of self serving behaviour. :cow:

Plus, I don't believe in coincidence.

Update on DM's case. That could be Lyrics brother D. Morrissey & of course V.W. is DM's mom. Behind closed doors. The son is a minor. Maybe it's victim impact statements.

RETURN OF SERVICE ON SUBPOENA BLACK HAWK COUNTY SHERIFF 09/10/2013 09/10/2013 09/10/2013
Comments: G MEEKS (COSTS IN FE190164)
RETURN OF SERVICE ON SUBPOENA BLACK HAWK COUNTY SHERIFF 09/10/2013 09/10/2013 09/10/2013
Comments: D MORRISSEY (COSTS IN FE190164)
Comments: V WEIKERT (COSTS IN FE190164)
OTHER ORDER STAUDT DAVID F 09/09/2013 09/11/2013 09/11/2013
Comments: 1ST PART OF SENTENCING WILL BE IN JUDGE'S CHAMBERS & CLOSED
TO PUBLIC

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/DefaultFrame

Both Dan and Jeramia are in court this Friday.

Jeramia- Comments: PDO ORDERED/PH 9/13/13 @9AM/BAIL $71,000 C/S

Dan- MOTION TO CLOSE CT ROOM 8/29/13 @ 9 AM & SENT RESET TO
9/13/13 @ 10:30 AM

I wonder just how much local crime this family is responsible for...

Most offenders only get caught when they get sloppy.

Yes...indeed.

The whole "girls vanished the day before DM's plea bargain" scenario was always just too much for me.

He's clearly a criminal, an unrepentant one too apparently. Such an individual is capable of all sorts of self serving behaviour. :cow:

Plus, I don't believe in coincidence.

Morrisey’s attorney, Kevin Schoeberl, filed a motion asking to close a portion of Morrissey’s sentencing hearing, which is set for Sept. 13. In a hearing on that motion Thursday, Schoeberl told District Court Judge David Staudt some of the testimony likely to be given by investigators during the hearing could be related to other investigations. That testimony could endanger Morrissey, he said.

“It’s a foregone conclusion that he’s going to receive a prison sentence,” Schoeberl said. “(Statements) could ultimately affect his safety if, in fact, he is incarcerated.”
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...314-1180-11e3-a7c6-0019bb2963f4.html#comments

In looking at DM's past criminal history with the exception of the domestic violence with MCM, it's mostly charges like this:

Morrissey is awaiting sentencing on multiple cases to which he pleaded guilty in March. Charges include possession of meth and marijuana with intent to deliver, conspiracy to manufacture meth, possession of meth and marijuana and possession of lithium and pseudophedrine with intent to manufacture meth. The incidents occurred in October 2011, December 2011 and July 2011. Morrissey had originally been slated to plead guilty to the charges in July 2012, a day before the cousins’ disappearance.

At the maximum, with all of the charges running consecutive with enhancements, Morrissey faces more than 200 years in prison. He is subject to enhanced sentencing because of prior convictions.

And the article reads like Dan is not going to say anything that could endanger him in prison, but "testimony by investigators that could be related to other investigations."

In fact in reviewing Klunder's past history, I would consider Klunder a more likely suspect in the girls' death than DM.

Both Dan and Jeramia are in court this Friday.

Jeramia- Comments: PDO ORDERED/PH 9/13/13 @9AM/BAIL $71,000 C/S

Dan- MOTION TO CLOSE CT ROOM 8/29/13 @ 9 AM & SENT RESET TO
9/13/13 @ 10:30 AM

Now this is very interesting, considering the alleged suicide attempt that was really just a drug overdose, but in fact was just a "problem" with his heart which all happened within days of DM "ratting" out people, according to WC. Of course, JC considered "those girls his prize possession" also according to WC, so maybe JC is a danger to DM if indeed they were imprisoned together. All very interesting. All very cliquey.

Update on DM's case. That could be Lyrics brother D. Morrissey & of course V.W. is DM's mom. Behind closed doors. The son is a minor. Maybe it's victim impact statements.

Comments: G MEEKS (COSTS IN FE190164)
Comments: D MORRISSEY (COSTS IN FE190164)
Comments: V WEIKERT (COSTS IN FE190164)
OTHER ORDER STAUDT DAVID F 09/09/2013 09/11/2013 09/11/2013
Comments: 1ST PART OF SENTENCING WILL BE IN JUDGE'S CHAMBERS & CLOSED
TO PUBLIC

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/DefaultFrame

Perhaps Jr. was a witness to the DV that happened between DM and MCM and has agreed to come forward as a witness now that Lyric is dead to testify. Somehow I doubt that though. Maybe there was collusion between DM and JC and God only knows who else to somehow delay DM's sentencing previously and somehow this went horribly wrong thus causing investigators to hesitate to call the girls' deaths murder. Negligible homicide maybe? The family and the community never expected the case to grab such nationwide attention with NG and JVM. All pure speculation on my part :moo:

Could be totally wrong, but I feel that this meth mayhem is an entity in itself and doesn't have anything to do with the girls. Having his hearing open to the public would lead to a circus.

Still feel sexual predator, (but don't think it can be proved with factual evidence), still not sure if the girls knew this person or this person knew them.

Like I posted a few days back, when DM's attorney requested the sentencing hearing be closed, I really do think that there could be a lot of answers in testimony that will be heard.

I think what happened to Lyric and Elizabeth is all tied up and related to drugs...

Like I posted a few days back, when DM's attorney requested the sentencing hearing be closed, I really do think that there could be a lot of answers in testimony that will be heard.

I think what happened to Lyric and Elizabeth is all tied up and related to drugs...

If you are correct and he does know something, I hope he talks.
He's going to jail for a long time anyways.

Just to be clear, DM & JC both have court Friday, but at different times and different court rooms. Just a coincidence it happens to be a Friday the 13th for both of them. The girl's went missing on a Friday the 13th also.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...314-1180-11e3-a7c6-0019bb2963f4.html#comments

In looking at DM's past criminal history with the exception of the domestic violence with MCM, it's mostly charges like this:

And the article reads like Dan is not going to say anything that could endanger him in prison, but "testimony by investigators that could be related to other investigations."

In fact in reviewing Klunder's past history, I would consider Klunder a more likely suspect in the girls' death than DM.[/QUOTE]

BBM

I agree with you, although I don't think Klunder is responsible. I just have never thought Dan was involved in the girls' murders. There are 5 other parties that I think make better suspects.

well what a coinkydink! I still feel that DM made this happen the day before his hearing so it would be delayed which it was; he may have tried to desperately save himself and sacrifice the life of these two children. The fact that no Sexual Assualt occurred also leads me to believe that this was a caretaker who killed them. I dk how long the records in this case are going to be sealed, and it does sound like possibly the meth and the crowd that meth brings *in any shape or form* could have something to do with it. Mainly; I think it was the case against DM.

Maybe they will deny the request to close the court room? Court rooms are open to the public for a reason. I Dont Care if it turns into a circus; it should be aired live. At this juncture I care not what "DM" wants or needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV