IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have been ice fishing.

If you look at the picture you can see that's not the case. You can see the water on the sunny day - and the person is wearing short sleeves. The picture was clearly taken during the summer. It's likely nothing, but what caught my eye was just the coincidence of a fish being on the cover page - and also the fact that people fish the Wapsi all the time at Seven Bridges - and also fish Meyer's Lake.

I didn't recall that the SUV was an old model. But, one thought I had earlier is that it could be a loaner vehicle from a privately-owned (not dealership) body or auto repair shop. I've been to auto repair shops in my area that loaned me an older vehicle while they worked on mine.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22671327/2013/06/24/evansdale

Authorities on Monday morning said they have three separate witnesses who say they saw a white, older-model, full-size SUV-type vehicle -- similar to a Chevy Suburban or a Ford Bronco -- parked on Arbutus Avenue on July 13.

If you look at the picture you can see that's not the case. You can see the water on the sunny day - and the person is wearing short sleeves. The picture was clearly taken during the summer. It's likely nothing, but what caught my eye was just the coincidence of a fish being on the cover page - and also the fact that people fish the Wapsi all the time at Seven Bridges - and also fish Meyer's Lake.

Sorry, I'm not sure what picture you're referring to. I thought you were discussing fishing in the abstract. My bad.

It is painful to come to this thread and realise that the case is still not resolved. So frustrating. RIP Sweet Girls. :rose: :rose: :star: :star2:

One day we will be watching this case on 48 hours or something, and all will be explained.

Sorry, I'm not sure what picture you're referring to. I thought you were discussing fishing in the abstract. My bad.

No worries! :seeya: I should have been more clear - I looked back and I was apparently rushing my post and didn't explain that I was referring to a FB profile cover photo.
I looked up RSO's in Readlyn, and then pulled his name up just to see if anything came up. An article about a Wapsi Valley play he was in back in high school came up and a couple different FB profiles. Doesn't look like they are active though - all I could see was friends and also the cover photo.

I only mentioned it because of the fisherman reference at the lake and also the fact that people fish at Seven Bridges quite often...but that picture obviously could have been taken at any time...and you can't even see if it's him in the picture. However, he may possibly fish though if it is him in the picture.

Again - likely nothing, just thought I'd mention it. I'd be astonished if they hadn't already looked at the RSO's in Readlyn - but, on the other hand, the article in the WCF courier just mentioned they were going to start to expand their canvas of RSO outside of Black Hawk County. I really hope they've already checked out the ones between Meyer's Lake and Seven Bridges...:facepalm:

Let's try another angle-

Maybe we need to be working backwards from Seven Bridges...instead of starting in Evansdale.

What changes if we START in Readlyn, then work our way towards Evansdale. Anything, or anyone stand out?

I'm not sure that the people of Readlyn are under the impression that Seven Bridges was anything but a dumping ground, which is what LE has pretty much said right away. That doesn't mean that this person doesn't know Seven Bridges like the back of their hand and possibly lives in Readlyn or another tiny town close by.

In all honesty it makes MORE sense to me that this person got lucky in abducting the girls - but Seven Bridges/Readlyn is the key...not Evansdale or Meyer's Lake.
I think you're onto something with this thinking. The person could possibly know the area around Seven Bridges more so than Meyers Lake or Evansdale. I've been driving by the lake for years on I-380 and always assumed children probably rode their bikes there or went to the lake. The person who did this may have also just driven by several times while traveling & came to the same conclusion on their own. However, it would be helpful if someone from the Seven Bridges area knows of a relative who would have reason to travel on I-380 and they would come forward.
Wasn't there someone on here who said they know of an RSO from the Evansdale area who had a white vehicle and got rid of it? Does the police have it maybe?

Neither.

I think the girls were sent to the park and intercepted either at the park or very near to it.

I think the girls kidnapping was planned and executed by people who were supposed to love and care for them.

:seeya:

If it's true that they rode their bikes to this neighborhood by Meyer's lake, it's possible that someone other than Mr. C was aware of this routine. Someone who lived very near the lake. There are a dozen houses along that road. With many people at work, and kids riding their bikes in the area, it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary, especially if they visited this friend on a regular basis. They could go to this house and no one would bat an eyelash.

So back to a previous comment regarding them not being seen, keep in mind that they rode 1.5 miles and the only person to see them - that we know of - was Mr. C? What is more illogical that they were lured into a house near the lake? Or that they rode all that way with only one person seeing them?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Interesting. I thought sex offenders weren't supposed to be on Facebook? But, it didn't appear that he's active.

I wonder about the three people that saw the SUV, did they all see the vehicle in the same spot, or did they see it in three different spots in the area?

I always kind of assumed Mr. C. was the only one who saw them who was vocal in the press (other than Mr. G. who seemed to not gain much traction at least with LE's public reports). I've wondered if other people also saw one or both girls regularly but opted not to come forward in the media. Can't say I'd blame them even though I really, really wish we had more info.

Interesting. I thought sex offenders weren't supposed to be on Facebook? But, it didn't appear that he's active.

They're not supposed to be, but neither are young kids and I see profiles for friends' kids all the time. It freaks me out.

Finally found more on the vehicle location(s):
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

With credit to threecrazykids: Two of the witnesses stated they saw the vehicle parked on Arbutus. The 3rd witness stated they saw it parked "near the woods".

And from the article
Authorities on Monday morning said they have three separate witnesses who say they saw a white, older-model, full-size SUV-type vehicle -- similar to a Chevy Suburban or a Ford Bronco -- parked on Arbutus Avenue on July 13.

Investigators want to speak with the person or persons in the vehicle or anyone who has frequented the Meyers Lake area in a similar vehicle.

The person or persons in the vehicle should not be considered a suspect or person of interest at this time, but may have information about the case, officials say.

Arbutus Avenue meets up with the bike trail near Meyers Lake, where Lyric and Elizabeth's bikes were found.

Two of the witnesses say they saw the white SUV parked between these two bike trail signs.

Who would sit on that kind of info and wait to tell LE? Interesting. Wonder if one of those witnesses was RC?

Two of these witnesses came forward with this information during canvassing. The other tip came in several months later because the person thought someone had already brought this up.

"The one that kind of got the ball rolling was actually several months later. They didn't know if it would be important and that's kind of what we want to stress to the public is any piece of information can be important," said Roehrkasse.

No they can't and I have a feeling that the person who did this to the girls knew very well of that and used it to their advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member