IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw come on Carbuff, we should spend a few hours arguing about why theories neither of us can prove are right/wrong!! ;)

I still don't have a theory, though I think some scenarios are more likely than others. Yours is one of the most likely.

Aw come on Carbuff, we should spend a few hours arguing about why theories neither of us can prove are right/wrong!! ;)

I still don't have a theory, though I think some scenarios are more likely than others. Yours is one of the most likely.

Thanks Otto. I wish I knew what the age of the boy was? Depending on the witness the boy could be a young man. Some men in their 20's look like a teenager.

I know in the past I had a strong theory, that has changed and I have a new suspect. I have been in contact with a detective and have forwarded many things that he is interested in. For awhile I have changed my focus away from this case because I was so consumed with it. I'm now again having sleepless nights because of this case. I feel so connected to it, I know many also feel that way.

Hello Websleuth friends!! I have a question for you. Does anyone remember in the beginning of this case is a vehicle was spotted at the lakethe day the girls went missing? And wasn't a man and boy spotted fishing?

Yes I do remember it being mentioned people fishing, unsure of age. I believe people fishing was mentioned by TB, TG and IIRC another person - maybe a jogger or ?somebody, saying a boy on a bicycle almost hit him accidentally with his fishing pole as he passed by him. TG (IIRC) also had mentioned somewhere I believe about seeing an older white vehicle pulling out of the parking lot. This is all from my memory without looking back or looking for links, so it is considered JMO and just my guesses/thoughts, etc.

I know in the past I had a strong theory, that has changed and I have a new suspect. I have been in contact with a detective and have forwarded many things that he is interested in. For awhile I have changed my focus away from this case because I was so consumed with it. I'm now again having sleepless nights because of this case. I feel so connected to it, I know many also feel that way.

When, and if you are able/allowed to, please share so we can contribute if possible. If not possible, that is completely understandable. Thanks for your dedication.

RIP Elizabeth and Lyric. We will never give up. Sending prayers that those responsible will soon be brought to justice, it is long overdue.

Didn't witnesses come forward who spotted an older white suburban type vehicle in the area? I never heard of a person on a bike with a fishing pole?

Two things stand out to me. The place of abduction and the place the bodies were found. Both places have to do with hunting and fishing. Anyone local know what kind of fish can be caught at Meyers Lake? I greatly feel that the suspect fishes and hunts, and was in his 20's, I also believe he did not act alone.

Hello Websleuth friends!! I have a question for you. Does anyone remember in the beginning of this case is a vehicle was spotted at the lakethe day the girls went missing? And wasn't a man and boy spotted fishing?

Cindersoot nice to see you posting. I just wanted to personally thank you for everything you are doing to help. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all other posters.

Sorry for the double post. I very much hope this information leads somewhere.

boy its been a while. If I remember rightly, Aunt Tammy questioned some boys who were fishing at Lake Meyers when the family began to frantically run all over town searching for the girls and Aunt Tammy somehow felt driven to check the lake despite Wylma saying the girls knew they weren't supposed to go there.

The Locals posting in the early days of this case indicated that crappy and bluegill were the types of fish one might catch at the lake.

respectfully copied from a prior thread and carried over. Hope it helps cinder. Good to see you. I tried to get a link to just that post but since it predates the upgrades I was unable to narrow the link that far. So my copy past of Bootsctrs post contained the post number and here is the link to the thread that contains it. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ansdale-13-July-2012-34&p=9890959#post9890959

10-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Bootsctr
user-offline.png
Howdy!

Join DateJul 2012LocationTexasPosts4,165​

I found the wording in this article that 3ck linked yesterday to be "interesting":

All of three of these individuals say they saw this SUV between the times of 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on July 13, 2012.

Authorities hope this may ----->JOG <------- people's memory and they may get more information with this tip now out in the public.

"There (are) just a lot of reports, a lot of information to read through," said Mike Roehrkasse with the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation. "Now that there's a little bit of a lull, we are able to start pouring through those reports and make those connections."

"I think, and I hope, that this is kind of the beginning," he added.

All three of the witnesses describe the vehicle as a large and clunky white SUV.

One of the witnesses described the SUV as an old-style boxy suburban.

Two of these witnesses came forward with this information during canvassing. The other tip came in several months later because the person thought someone had already brought this up.

"The one that kind of got the ball rolling was actually several months later. They didn't know if it would be important and that's kind of what we want to stress to the public is any piece of information can be important," said Roehrkasse.

Authorities want people to remember that, no matter the size or significance of the tip, it may be that key piece to the investigation.

If you have any tips, no matter how insignificant you believe them to be, authorities ask that you call the tip line at (319) 232-6682.

Tipsters can also email Our Missing Iowa Girls at dps.state.ia.us.

There is still a reward of more than $150,000 for information in the case.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22671327/2013/06/24/evansdale

Remember the jogger. I assume that is one person that ID'd the white, clunky, older model SUV. The second is probably the bicyclist. Maybe the fishermen? Curious as to who the third person is that came in with the tip later that "got the ball rolling." Maybe it was someone who normally took their lunch at Meyers Lake, or perhaps one of the daycare workers.​

Last edited by Bootsctr; 10-10-2013 at 07:08 AM.

respectfully copied from a prior thread and carried over. Hope it helps cinder. Good to see you. I tried to get a link to just that post but since it predates the upgrades I was unable to narrow the link that far. So my copy past of Bootsctrs post contained the post number and here is the link to the thread that contains it. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ansdale-13-July-2012-34&p=9890959#post9890959

10-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Bootsctr
user-offline.png
Howdy!

Join DateJul 2012LocationTexasPosts4,165​

I found the wording in this article that 3ck linked yesterday to be "interesting":

All of three of these individuals say they saw this SUV between the times of 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on July 13, 2012.

Authorities hope this may ----->JOG <------- people's memory and they may get more information with this tip now out in the public.

"There (are) just a lot of reports, a lot of information to read through," said Mike Roehrkasse with the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation. "Now that there's a little bit of a lull, we are able to start pouring through those reports and make those connections."

"I think, and I hope, that this is kind of the beginning," he added.

All three of the witnesses describe the vehicle as a large and clunky white SUV.

One of the witnesses described the SUV as an old-style boxy suburban.

Two of these witnesses came forward with this information during canvassing. The other tip came in several months later because the person thought someone had already brought this up.

"The one that kind of got the ball rolling was actually several months later. They didn't know if it would be important and that's kind of what we want to stress to the public is any piece of information can be important," said Roehrkasse.

Authorities want people to remember that, no matter the size or significance of the tip, it may be that key piece to the investigation.

If you have any tips, no matter how insignificant you believe them to be, authorities ask that you call the tip line at (319) 232-6682.

Tipsters can also email Our Missing Iowa Girls at dps.state.ia.us.

There is still a reward of more than $150,000 for information in the case.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22671327/2013/06/24/evansdale

Remember the jogger. I assume that is one person that ID'd the white, clunky, older model SUV. The second is probably the bicyclist. Maybe the fishermen? Curious as to who the third person is that came in with the tip later that "got the ball rolling." Maybe it was someone who normally took their lunch at Meyers Lake, or perhaps one of the daycare workers.​

Last edited by Bootsctr; 10-10-2013 at 07:08 AM.

I couldn't begin to find the place where I read it, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that one of the people who saw the vehicle was a resident of the street near the lake.

I am still just baffled by the older white SUV and it's possible relation to the case. If it has any relation to the case, it just blows my mind that no one in Evansdale and the surrounding communities appear to know anyone with a vehicle like this - or they simply don't WANT to come forward because they don't want to believe that the person they know who drives a vehicle like this is capable of such acts.

If this is someone who is familiar with both Meyer's Lake, and also Seven Bridges, this is someone within these communities and not someone just passing through. This is someone that likely lives and/or works in this general vicinity. Even if they live in Waterloo (bigger community) they would have to have familiarity with Evansdale AND Seven Bridges.
One would think that SOMEONE around these areas would remember or know someone who drives this damn vehicle!
It's not like it's a Chevy Malibu or another extremely common vehicle. It's an older, boxy, white large SUV for crying out loud. There aren't 100's of them on the road.
This should NOT have been hard to nail down.

People of Evansdale and the surrounding communities: WHO DRIVES OR DROVE A VEHICLE LIKE THIS?!!

OR, if you've owned, sold, or even loaned a vehicle like this - call it in! They may be able to track down the vehicle this way!

Please check out these photos of a white vehicle, would u consider this an older SUV?

I'm not very knowledgeable but it looks like it could be an older one. I would want to see the front of it to make a sure guess. Did you get the make of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdrh12372