IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article said "old style" and "boxy suburban" so I thought something similar to

33553077.jpg

but the term "old" is so subjective. Hard to know. And that was just one witness's descriptive terms. :shrug:

These are kind of what I'm picturing. Could be a true SUV or I've considered even an older Bronco could look like an SUV from a distance. I've also included what could appear as an SUV, but could also have been a white truck with a boxy topper.

white bronco.jpg

white suv.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Centurion.jpg

Bronco is an interesting take in that I see how you get there, silhouette. Bit shorter, but depending on distance or vantage point . . .

I suspect that there are more of them on the road than we would think on first glance, and not enough detail to identify it specifically.

My neighborhood's not very large, but there are two different truck/SUV units that might fit the description. One belongs to a contractor who has to haul stuff to the various sites where his people are working. The other's a family vehicle. If you get up close you could tell they're different makes, but from a distance they look really similar. And this is in a neighborhood where people mostly drive newer vehicles. I would imagine in an area where more people work in agriculture and other professions where a vehicle like this is necessary, the number goes up.

Lyric and Elizabeth, we are still here. Merry Christmas sweeties.

I think we have a suspect friends.

That would be a wonderful Christmas present, cindersoot!
Merry Christmas to all the wonderful sleuths and mods on Ws!!

:christmastree:

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you cindersoot and everyone else hope you are all having a great day. Elizabeth and Lyric you have not been forgotten we all still care about your case and finding who harmed you.

Cindersoot, are you talking about the person who drives one of the vehicles in the pictures you posted. Does everyone think that is what she means?

IF you are able to say, were these pictures taken at an event related to Elizabeth and Lyric? And IF you are able to say, was it before or after they went missing?

IMO, it looks as if it's possibly a Ford Expedition or Excursion? But I am not sure what year. (I do not believe it is a Chevy product) This is JMO and just guesses to the best of my knowledge.

Cindersoot,
We care about you. Be careful and be safe out there.
If someone has killed twice, he may not hesitate to kill again if he found out the person who tripped him up.
I know that you will be able to fill us in if and when the time is right.

Also, I would not want the investigation jeopardized until an arrest has been made and info is released in the media which I hope will be very soon.

Merry Christmas to all.

As usual, I'm a bit late to the party. :blushing:

Hello Websleuth friends!! I have a question for you. Does anyone remember in the beginning of this case is a vehicle was spotted at the lakethe day the girls went missing? And wasn't a man and boy spotted fishing?
There was a boy fishing, and the way she talked about him, I got the impression he was pre-teen to mid-teens. She said she asked if he had seen 2 girls on a bike, and he said no. At the time we were wondering if his answer would have been different if she'd said two girls on bikes. Already mentioned, the men who were mentioned were the guy who said he had seen them about 2:00 (or something like that) and showed the direction he said they were heading, a jogger told LE he had seen their bikes (I'm not sure if they actually said the time), the bike rider who saw 2 bikes that didn't fit the timeline and weren't exactly where theirs were found, and someone out on a paddle boat.
Didn't witnesses come forward who spotted an older white suburban type vehicle in the area? I never heard of a person on a bike with a fishing pole?
I don't remember them ruling out the white SUV type vehicle seen that day, I believe it was the one you photographed and got the license number for that they ruled out.

Just for reference, here is what Tammy stated in one CNN interview regarding her actions when she arrived at the lake:

SBM
"We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

Here is another transcript of her describing what happened:

We stop at Meyers Lake. I said, "Mom, drive me to Meyer Lake." I had Elizabeth`s older brother who`s 12, Kelly (ph), with us. And I just jumped out and started asking random strangers, "Have you seen two little girls?" Gave them the description, the colors of the bikes, and possibly what they were wearing.

And one man stepped forward and said, "Yes, I seen them going east on the bike trail at about 2:30." Now, whether he`s telling the truth or not, they do have this man`s name. You know, I don`t know. Whether he`s a person of interest, I don`t know.

SBM
And I want to go back to Tammy Brousseau. You`re the aunt of the missing girls. You said that you went two the area where they ultimately found the bikes. Did you see the bikes? Did you find them?

BROUSSEAU: I did not find them. As I was saying, a man, who I approached and started asking questions, said he had seen the girls going east on the bike trail. It`s a small lake. It wraps around on the south side of the lake.

And a little further down in the same transcript:

TAMMY RUSSO, AUNT OF MISSING GIRLS: Absolutely not. There was nothing that seemed terribly out of the ordinary. There was a little boy fishing, and he had been there a long time. I asked him as well, when I first approached and started asking random people. I said, "Did you see two little girls on a bicycle? He said "No". I said, "How long have you been here?" He said, "A long time."

So when I told you a man said that he had seen them going east on the bike trial, whether that was true or not, yes, they have his name, they know who he is. But it appears what he said was true because like I said the lake wraps around and the bikes were found on the south side. And that`s where the girls --

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

Little boy to me suggests under age 10. I use "kid" to describe kids all the way to mid 20s (probably makes me old) but I tend to also specify what age range. But little boy seems super young to me.

Little boy to me suggests under age 10. I use "kid" to describe kids all the way to mid 20s (probably makes me old) but I tend to also specify what age range. But little boy seems super young to me.

If he was a" little boy", he is lucky to not have fallen in the water, or become prey for a predator. imo.
Unless he was the bait..

IF you are able to say, were these pictures taken at an event related to Elizabeth and Lyric? And IF you are able to say, was it before or after they went missing?

IMO, it looks as if it's possibly a Ford Expedition or Excursion? But I am not sure what year. (I do not believe it is a Chevy product) This is JMO and just guesses to the best of my knowledge.

I agree, it is definitely a Ford Excursion. IMO, it depends on the age of the witness whether this would be considered 'older'.

Welcome back cinder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member