IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it strange that LE would announce having suspect/suspects, if they don't have someone in for questioning.

Do they mean they have someone at the station being questioned?

To make this announcement if someone isn't at the police station just isn't right.

I would think if LE had someone in for questioning, they would have said that.

:twocents::twocents::twocents: and IMO

Little behind, but not always true. They may be talking to many POIs, but have a suspect from the evidence they have gathered and the person isn't anywhere around to be questioned. Hope I said that right.

I'm a lifelong midwesterner, live close to Iowa, and have spent much time there - and Misty's behavior has seemed very unusual to me from the first time I saw her. I think there is a lot more going on there than Iowa stoicism. Just my opinion!

Question...Why would an area southeast of Evansdale have an address of Waterloo? ???? Help.. TIA

I am not from Iowa, so this is just a guess.
Isn't there a closed post office in Evansdale? If so mail must be routed to the nearest post office which is probably in Waterloo? Addresses correspond to what post office they are routed through.

For instance in my county in MS, we have 1 post office and one area in the county North of us and one area in the county South of us have mailing addresses that correspond to our county seat. This is because we are the closest post office to those two areas. It is often confusing to outsiders until I explain that even though it has an address in our city the home is not even located in our county. Being a real estate broker I deal with this a lot for out of town home buyers that want to buy in a certain area but are confused by the addresses.

Hope that makes sense.

"We believe the two girls are alive," FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault told ABC News. Breault said this belief was based partly on the evidence found Friday, but would not elaborate further.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-believes-missing-iowa-girls-alive/story?id=16827922

This is extraordinary.
This is the type of statement we long for in missing persons cases but very rarely if ever hear. For an FBI spokesperson to make that statement says to me this case is solved, and the girls are not in on-going peril. I hope I'm right in my thinking. And I hope this reporting of this was not inaccuarate.

This is extraordinary.
This is the type of statement we long for in missing persons cases but very rarely if ever hear. For an FBI spokesperson to make that statement says to me this case is solved, and the girls are not in on-going peril. I hope I'm right in my thinking. And I hope this reporting of this was not inaccuarate.

BBM

There are links to yesterday's actual presser with the FBI spokesperson floating around on the thread.

May need headphones to hear the link posted above by PattyG.

Perhaps they've been monitoring someone who has, for example, been buying extra kid type food and drinks, etc., but they are not sure where the kids are being held. Just a thought. I'm sure if they have a suspect or suspects, they are listening and watching every move they make...if they know where they are that is...Also, I don't think they would give false hope to the parents, or I hope not.

They could be in a warehouse, storage unit, shed, RV.

I am not from Iowa, so this is just a guess.
Isn't there a closed post office in Evansdale? If so mail must be routed to the nearest post office which is probably in Waterloo? Addresses correspond to what post office they are routed through.

For instance in my county in MS, we have 1 post office and one area in the county North of us and one area in the county South of us have mailing addresses that correspond to our county seat. This is because we are the closest post office to those two areas. It is often confusing to outsiders until I explain that even though it has an address in our city the home is not even located in our county. Being a real estate broker I deal with this a lot for out of town home buyers that want to buy in a certain area but are confused by the addresses.

Hope that makes sense.

Makes sense, but doesn't Waterloo have a PO? Here's a map. I had to manually manipulate the map because there are TWO Gilbertsville apparently. :banghead: One NE of E'Dale and this one. (B)

http://goo.gl/maps/puZD

1. Why did Elizabeth take the inactive phone on a bikeride ?

My best guess = so that she could play games on the phone. But, phone games are a solitary thing. So, if Elizabeth planned to play games by herself, what would Lyric have been doing at that time ?

2. We have been told that the girls did not usually leave the block when the were out.Also, a couple who live nearby said that they saw Elizabeth often, but that she would turn around on their block, and head back home usually. Also, it was said that they were not usually gone for more that a half hour or so.

So, if this was the case, and they were just out for a bikeride, why would Elizabeth have taken the purse at all ?

I think this was some kind of meetup. Planned somehow. JMO

I am not bashing Evelyn Miller.

However, she didn't mention that Casey Frederiksen was not only selling stolen pseudoephedrine products to a meth lab, he had child *advertiser censored* on his computer.

It's possible (likely, many people including me believe) that Evelyn had something to tell that had nothing to do with illegal drugs.

I am just baffled by this whole thing. I simply can't determine a CONFIRMED timeline with the info given by LE so it's hard to think about the "what if's".

We know there were "sightings" per se (which have not to my knowledge been confirmed by LE or added to their timeline.

1. being the cyclist who claims to have swerved to miss 2 bikes - approx 12:20ish.

2. being the couple watering their lawn who gave a time between 12 and 3

3. some witnesses at the lake who claim they saw them riding at the lake (I believe family states someone told them this).

We know they were seen on the store camera at 12:15 (or approx depending on the credibility of the camera's clock) and yet someone saw their bikes - even if the girls WERE there (on the other side of the fence where the cyclist didn't see them) 5 minutes later.

Just thinking out loud here...

How many kids would ride their bikes THAT fast ANYWHERE without intent or purpose? I see kids riding their bikes all over my town. Kids who are just out playing, lollygagging or riding their bikes (especially more than 1 child) do not ride at that speed unless they are trying to get to a particular location, and fast.

The pace at which the girls would have to have made it from one place to the next leads me to believe there would have been a reason they went there. Maybe "we will meet you at the lake in 5 minutes"...not just riding along, going with the flow, and ended up at the lake.

This is where it gets hinky for me. LE has yet to say "we have verified and confirmed the following sightings based on evidence found the day they went missing". We have basically been given 2 times during the press releases - 12:15, and 4 (when Abben claims HE showed up - regardless of location of bikes (on trail or against fence).

With those 2 being the only 2 things LE is releasing there is a whole spectrum of possibilities.

The 5 minute scenario just doesn't sit well with me given normal kid behavior. How many times do kids do ANYTHING fast at that age? Girls especially are notorious for taking their time chatting and giggling.

I had the live feed then lost it. Apparently they are moving the press conference to Poyner School.

In the live chat section of the live stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8