IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just baffled by this whole thing. I simply can't determine a CONFIRMED timeline with the info given by LE so it's hard to think about the "what if's".

We know there were "sightings" per se (which have not to my knowledge been confirmed by LE or added to their timeline.

1. being the cyclist who claims to have swerved to miss 2 bikes - approx 12:20ish.

2. being the couple watering their lawn who gave a time between 12 and 3

3. some witnesses at the lake who claim they saw them riding at the lake (I believe family states someone told them this).

We know they were seen on the store camera at 12:15 (or approx depending on the credibility of the camera's clock) and yet someone saw their bikes - even if the girls WERE there (on the other side of the fence where the cyclist didn't see them) 5 minutes later.

Just thinking out loud here...

How many kids would ride their bikes THAT fast ANYWHERE without intent or purpose? I see kids riding their bikes all over my town. Kids who are just out playing, lollygagging or riding their bikes (especially more than 1 child) do not ride at that speed unless they are trying to get to a particular location, and fast.

The pace at which the girls would have to have made it from one place to the next leads me to believe there would have been a reason they went there. Maybe "we will meet you at the lake in 5 minutes"...not just riding along, going with the flow, and ended up at the lake.

This is where it gets hinky for me. LE has yet to say "we have verified and confirmed the following sightings based on evidence found the day they went missing". We have basically been given 2 times during the press releases - 12:15, and 4 (when Abben claims HE showed up - regardless of location of bikes (on trail or against fence).

With those 2 being the only 2 things LE is releasing there is a whole spectrum of possibilities.

The 5 minute scenario just doesn't sit well with me given normal kid behavior. How many times do kids do ANYTHING fast at that age? Girls especially are notorious for taking their time chatting and giggling.

What time did the grandmother say was the last time she saw the girls?

TIA

Press briefing has been moved at the last minute to Poyner School and likely won't start until 3:30. Wonder why?

What link can be used for this presser? I had one and looked like they just all left and screen went blank?

Perhaps they are dealing with a POI and don't want media to see who it is?

I am not one to be very optomistic in cases like this, usually just the opposite.... I really hope we get some inspiring news today, would make my week.... Come on bring these girls home....Alive

Will the pressed be viewable from my iPad? Anyone have the link handy? TIA

I don't know the meth industry, but seems there would a chain. Suppliers, or frontman etc for the materials needed....and they could be someone prominent and "clean" looking from the outside. Like business people, pharmacists, and the local farmer, etc where it would taint their whole family's image if discovered to be taking part. Making some good extra money on the side. IMO,....just taking a guess tho.

Hollyblue, it used to be that way with the big meth labs.

But since the advent of the shake'n'bake method, which can be done in a 2 litre soda bottle, making meth in Iowa is more of a matter of a meth maker who has a few customers to subsidise their own habit.

When Iowa started controlling the sales of products containing pseudoephidrine, the commercial level meth labs shut down due to being starved out of the main ingredient.

Commercial level meth making has moved south to Mexico, where pseudoephidrine is easily available, law enforcement is much less of a problem and there are existing drug distribution networks exporting other drugs to the US.

Meth hit Iowa hard and it finally looks like we're seeing the tail end of the surge. I'm sure there will always be meth users, just as there are cocaine, crack and heroin users but not in the huge numbers we had in the middle of the surge.

No. Tammy said that. Police assert that granny told them 12:15 and they have video to confirm that sighting.

Grandma also said it when interviewed after Tammy had said the same thing. Heard it myself.

About where the bikes were found by LE:

If I were using the path/trail and saw two bikes blocking the path, I would probably look around for the owners and, if I didn't see them, I'd move the bikes off the path. I'd be worried that someone might walk/run/bike into them and get hurt.

But that's just me - I can understand others just walking/biking around them.

IMO, others probably saw the bikes but didn't want to get involved so they never called LE.

Or they did call LE but have avoided the media (I would).

:please:Please, Please let this Press Conference bring GREAT news!!!:please:

map question
is the address listed for DM his mother Vickie's place of residence?

Press briefing has been moved at the last minute to Poyner School and likely won't start until 3:30. Wonder why?

This isn't looking good IMO. Sometimes police use a bigger building to use for investigating officers. Tori Stafford case used a bigger building and the cops new nothing for weeks. With school being out they might be now using it for LE. JMO

Grandma also said it when interviewed after Tammy had said the same thing. Heard it myself.

I stand corrected then. Appologies. :)
Maybe gran saw then at both times with the 12:15pm being the last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8