IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I think!! If they headed to the house on Evans, maybe went by
Carpenters, got to the house on Evans, the above scenario happens. It's a short walk with two bikes to the spot on the trail. And it wouldnt be too hard to duck in the darkness if someone was coming. It's very dense behind that fence to the north by the path, between the house and the path. I don't think we are discovering anything new, I think this explains a lot of what LE is asking for, and why they aren't going house to house. They already know.

Agree. Hearing that they are canceling daily press briefing sealed it for me. They are tired of answering questions about things they made up as diversions (paddle boater). They KNOW.

There are definitely two different videos. One from the auction house and one from the men's store. They just look similar because the 2 businesses are next door to each other.

But after watching that new, clearer video, I have to say.......O.M.G! What a craphole! Who lets 2 young girls ride around an area like that? There are a ton of trailers and sheds and dumpsters and even an outhouse. It just LOOKS dangerous! I know grandma had her hands full, but these poor girls should have at least been told to stay on streets with houses -- not ride in commercial areas. (I don't know if that would have even made a difference. I'm just a little stunned by the obvious poverty and industrial look of the area where they were riding. Ugh.)

The Collins house is facing that area.

I wonder how much effort the police have spent talking to the children of Evansdale, I would think other kids would be the most likely to notice and recognize the girls if they were out biking around town and might know what their habits were. When I drive around my small town on a hot summer day, I see lots of kids out playing in front yards, riding bikes, walking to the store, but you dont see very many adults outside.

Yes, but if the dogs did that, then they messed up. These were discriminate scent dogs and should only have been following the scent from the scent article, which was presumably one of the girls.

Is it common to line the family up to eliminate their scent then let them watch what the dogs do?

Are the dog trainers ever told to track someone other than who people think they are tracking?

But I am feeling a bit hinky about how Misty described her last poly:

TAMMY BROUSSEAU, MISSING GIRLS` AUNT (via telephone): Jane, that`s correct. Misty has given that information that she passed the polygraph test with no problems at all. She was given a UA to make sure there was absolutely nothing in her system. She was not under the influence of anything. And the polygraph test came out showing that she passed entirely. No problems at all.

That does not sound like anything LE would have told her after the test. You passed entirely with no problems at all. Seems weird to me.

I agree.

But having watched many clips of interviews with TB, I think she's a good storyteller but not a strictly "just the facts" reporter.

I think she is perfectly sincere and not telling falsehoods. I think what happens is that she is told something, puts it together in her head with how she thinks it was and then comes out with her interpretation.

Which is actually what memory researchers like Dr Elizabeth Loftus say about how memory works.

I wonder how much effort the police have spent talking to the children of Evansdale, I would think other kids would be the most likely to notice and recognize the girls if they were out biking around town and might know what their habits were. When I drive around my small town on a hot summer day, I see lots of kids out playing in front yards, riding bikes, walking to the store, but you dont see very many adults outside.

Excellent thoughts hh. You are so right, other kids/peers would be much more observant than adults of the girls normal riding behavior, where they frequented, whether they were known to occasionally sneak off to the lake or bike trail area, etc.

Just wanted to say I feel like this idea is so obvious and yet it had not occurred to me. I sure hope LE is indeed interviewing Elizabeth's friends, neighbor kids, schoolmates etc.

I agree.

But having watched many clips of interviews with TB, I think she's a good storyteller but not a strictly "just the facts" reporter.

I think she is perfectly sincere and not telling falsehoods. I think what happens is that she is told something, puts it together in her head with how she thinks it was and then comes out with her interpretation.

Which is actually what memory researchers like Dr Elizabeth Loftus say about how memory works.

thanks for articulating so well what I was trying so miserably to convey upthread of my impression of TB :)

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said the reaction from the dogs Monday night indicated a "strong possibility" the girls had been at the lake, less than a mile from their grandmother's house where they were last reported seen Friday. However, Breault said because there were no confirmed sightings at the lake, authorities couldn't be certain.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/17/fbi-dogs-join-search-for-missing-iowa-girls/#ixzz21eaD9IlJ

Meaning the freshest scent could have been from another day? That is the only reason I can come up with that the scent wouldn't make LE certain.

Any other ideas on that?

Is it true the direction the girls were biking was the collins house? Someone posted the collions house wasn't far from the video? Maybe someone a neighbour took the girls? It happens you can't even trust your own neighbour these days. Sad.

That's a good question, huckleberryhound!

I know ollipop, a verified local, has commented that he lives near the lake and has never been contacted by LE regarding what he might have seen that day. Based on that, it certainly wouldn't appear LE has done much re: questioning local residents.

And I agree that the local kids would have a good idea of what other kids are doing for fun, what their habits are. They might even know something important, but not realize it.

Are any locals on here right now who can provide info about whether LE has made an effort to question local kids? TIA

Agree. Hearing that they are canceling daily press briefing sealed it for me. They are tired of answering questions about things they made up as diversions (paddle boater). They KNOW.

:cool: They definitely know.

Yes, but if the dogs did that, then they messed up. These were discriminate scent dogs and should only have been following the scent from the scent article, which was presumably one of the girls.

Plus, both dogs would have had to make the identical mistake.

That dogs can make mistakes I know is a fact. But for two different dogs to make the identical mistake? That seems very farfetched to me.

I updated the map. Sorry, I got busted at work on the computer, so only have phone access now.

If the girls went west on Brovan, south on River Forest, then east on Gilbert and south on Lake, they would have passed watering guy and potentially been seen by JW when cutting across Arbutus and the field by the pump station to access the the trail.

A couple of questions...

Is JWs house the one directly next to the wooded area where the tires tracks were found or is it the next house over?

Also, we're the bikes seen facing east or west on the bike trail?

Boy - I had a crazy sleepless night last night. Still catching up. Sorry you got busted at work! The "W's" house is the second one from the wooded area/end.

A couple of pages back someone talked about girls being taken for child *advertiser censored* ... can you think of any more horrible job than watching videos to try to identify girls used? It is too horrible for me to even wrap my brain around.

If that is the case I surely do wish they would just go get those girls and bring them home then.

What we meant was that they know who did it, but they don't know where the girls are. They are watching, and waiting...

(which is not good news for the girls.) :-(

Sorry but who is JW? Or am i having a moment of forgetfulness? Is this Misty bf?

The "W's" house is the second one from the wooded area/end.

House is listed as for sale and there are pics of it on the realty site. Do you even know if it's occupied and if so if Misty's boyfriend lives there? I think you're jumping to conclusions based on a common last name. JMO.

What if the girls rode to the lake around 11:30, when they first left the house. Then they went back to the area around their home, where Grandma last saw them at 12:15.

Maybe that is why the dogs caught their recent scent?

Plus, both dogs would have had to make the identical mistake.

That dogs can make mistakes I know is a face. But for two different dogs to make the identical mistake? That seems very farfetched to me.

I guess that's the part I'm not sure about. Actually multiple parts. I'm not sure that they weren't working in tandem (which is a whole other issue) and I'm not sure they actually did do the same thing, only that they were off in the same area on a wild goose chase. Being that we're only getting tiny fragments of it, I'm not confident enough in it to say that they even did the identical thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat