IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what interviews were done on the 20th by Misty and Grandma?

Question for you experienced sluethers, does day 12 seem early to end PCs in a case like this, in such a small town?

I was just looking at Hollye's map. It shows locations where shoes were found? Whats up with that? I havent heard anything about shoes being found.

It's probably back in the first or possibly second thread. A local who also posts here joined in the search and found some unattended flip flops at a park near the lake. He or she called it into the tip line. (and I'm sorry to the original poster that I don't have a lot of time to dig it up and give you proper credit right now - I will later).

There was never any confirmation if they belonged to either of the girls or if it was even related at all, though.

Edited to add: it was Ollipop. Thanks Ollipop!

Jules, the first post on this said the 19th then someone said the 20th. Not sure which day is correct.

Subpoena of the ATM video footage too? Hmmm Or did I misunderstand that.

This was the only thing I could find:

FBI was in earlier. They're getting subpoenas put together to get surveillance footage off our ATM. #EvansdaleSearch
by tylercoan via twitter 1:49 PM

So if I'm following this correctly, KWWL was subpoenad for their video footage, and then a bank or other location with an ATM is also being subpoenad for their video footage, right?

I didn't see anywhere that it said the family was being subpoenad for anything.

Pleading ignorance on the law here but isn't a subpoena usually only required if someone / some entity doesn't voluntarily provide what's being requested? I can't imagine why a bank, store, or news station wouldn't be throwing all the video footage they have at LE by now, is why I asked.

Was Lyric a daring type of girl who would push the boundaries?

With the parental examples that she had, I would not be surprised if she was. Of course, there is always the rare kid who becomes the parent when the parents are a mess, but for the most part if the parents are out of control, the kids aren't so in control.

Jules, the first post on this said the 19th then someone said the 20th. Not sure which day is correct.

It is both days. And they want RAW footage (everything that was taped, not just what was aired.)

Sounds to me like KWWL has a leak (good!) and someone told the police what was on those tapes.

I think I get it now...subpoena the station for the interview regarding info relayed by MC and WC in the interview about what is a possible criminal act occurring on the 13th. So, at this time, they are not going after the family with any kind of charges or anything, but are clearly questioning something about what was said. MOO

Yep, I was way behind... sounds like this has been clarified already.

The subpoena may just be a legality in case someone claims later that any evidence gleaned from the footage was gained illegally.

I think I get it now...subpoena the station for the interview regarding info relayed by MC and WC in the interview about what is a possible criminal act occurring on the 13th. So, at this time, they are not going after the family with any kind of charges or anything, but are clearly questioning something about what was said. MOO

Or maybe they want the full unedited footage instead of just what was aired?

It is both days. And they want RAW footage (everything that was taped, not just what was aired.)

Sounds to me like KWWL has a leak (good!) and someone told the police what was on those tapes.

yes, that is good!! and its not a leak, its a responsible citizen

Somebody saw SOMETHING they didn't like in that footage...or heard something...wow.

Ahh...there was a comment way back in a thread that MC was laughing and goofing around before filming an interview and WC told her to stop it. Maybe that is what it is. Maybe it wasn't on this forum...maybe in comments somewhere else, but I remember seeing it. MOO

there is a paddleboat for sale on Craig's list

has the area code of 319

I remember that, Sunlight! I thought someone mentioning Aunt T slapping MCM's hand and telling her to "stop it!" I can't recall exact words

I am confused? What theory did I form?

I expressed myself poorly. I apologise.:ohoh:

What I should have said was -

The 2.30 sighting you are discussing is a factoid...ie, it has no basis in fact, but it's out there. If it's repeated enough it becomes "common knowlege" :eek:.

For some reason, some think that someone saw the girls at 2.30, or claimed they did, or someone said they claimed they did...and so on.:maddening:

No one actually said anyone saw anything AT 2.30...but now, people reading any posting pondering the non-existent 2.30 sighting, will also assume it actually IS a fact, and repeat it, and that's the way these fallacies are born. It's only human nature but it's why I question almost everything and you would be absolutely amazed at the inconsistencies that are repeated, time and time again, as if they are truth, and lead entire threads off track sometimes. It would be funny if it weren't real live people we're talking about :banghead:

Originally Posted by ShyViolet

So much weirdness.

I still think it seems too coincidental that out of all the parks and searching done by the family that day, the ONLY response of a sighting of the girls was from parking lot guy who saw them at 2:30 on the bike trail, and that is where the bikes turned up.

That right there is the birth of a factoid. In fact, what Aunt Tammy actually said was

We pulled into Meyers Lake, right about where Jim and I are standing. And I got up and just jumped out and started asking random people, Have you seen two little girls, one on a mountain bike, you know, gave the complete descriptions of them. And a man -- they have his name. I don`t know who he is. He said to me, Yes, I seen two little girls going west on the bike trail.

Exactly ZERO mention of time. The guy doesn't say what time he'd seen two little girls, nor does Aunt Tammy.

That's how a factoid is born.

IMO.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads