IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to disagree but people can loose their appetites and not be able to sleep when stress happens. Everyone responds differently. I am sure they love their kids very much but need to get a
clue on their addictions. Not fair to their kids at al. I grew up with that and have turned out
prettywell and grounded. I have 4 brothers and sisters thathave drug and drinking problems, Very sad. And the dysfunction in these famlies is so sad. I hope these precious children are found
soon.

It is also important to note that Lyric's father, the known drug dealer, does not have a car.

Also important to note that 4 days before her disappearance, Lyric wanted to run away because her father wanted her to do a chore, and she fought with him about it. hmmmm

I thought that was a side effect of methamphetamines!?

and a handful of benzos and oxycodone cures it!

I KNOW they are hating life today!

After a good dose of NARCAN and they are
in the throws of withdrawls!! (shiver)

I don't think MSM has specified what drugs were involved in JC's overdose, but I think we'll learn it has nothing to do with meth. JMO.

Yep, sleeplessness and lack of appetite are side effects of meth. The duration of meth can be up to 12-24 hrs or more with large doses or repeated exposure. Addicts frequently take opioids and benzos to "come down" after using meth.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

Respectfully disagree. The stress on the family of these missing kids must be horrible. In the news everyday, everyone sleuthing you and your relatives and two little girls your love are gone. That would certainly cause me to have trouble eating and sleeping.

I am not going to judge this man. It has to be such a terrible strain on him. Just because he is Lyric's uncle doesnt mean he isnt devastated by all of this. Many uncles are very close to their nieces and nephews.

I am not surprised to see some of the family members imploding. Not everyone can endure the stress and turmoil something like this brings.

IMO

I don't think MSM has specified what drugs were involved in JC's overdose, but I think we'll learn it has nothing to do with meth. JMO.

I dont think it has anything to do with meth either. While certain drugs can keep a person awake for days... stress during a traumatic event can also.

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12134.shtml

Possessions?

Why did Granny feel the need to tell the newspaper that he didn't overdose on weed, meth, or cocaine? Maybe he was arrested for these substances in the past?

Maybe Grandma wanted to make sure people knew there were no illegal drugs involved (weed, meth, cocaine).

I think the comment about the girls being JC's "prized possessions" is an effort on her part to explain how important the girls are to him, probably not the best wording but I don't see it as being sinister in any way. JMO

DM's pre trial hearing is at 9:30. Any locals watching the news? Are the local media there to cover it?

Got a text telling me to watch the noon news, said newscrews were all over the courthouse to cover the pre-trial. "Just saw Ron Steele down the hall!"

I agree, having two youngsters deliver money or drugs is ridiculous.

This does happens. Children are also given away or sold to settle drug debts. Look up Shaniya Davis case here on Websleuths. Was never so heart broken in my life as when I found out what happened to this precious baby.

If druggies will give away/sell children for drugs there is absolutely nothing that would stop them from using them for deliveries. These are only the ones we know about and there are a ton more we don't even hear about.

I read in MSM the drugs that he OD'd on, has that been recanted? I'll go look for the article, if it's been removed can we not discuss it?

Maybe Grandma wanted to make sure people knew there were no illegal drugs involved (weed, meth, cocaine).

I think the comment about the girls being JC's "prized possessions" is an effort on her part to explain how important the girls are to him, probably not the best wording but I don't see it as being sinister in any way. JMO

No, it wasnt the best wording she could have picked but I do understand what she meant. It seems he was very close to them and he is completely devastated. He is probably very proud of them both.

IMO

Any news on his hearing this morning?

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12130.shtml

snipped:

Daniel Morrissey is due in court in Waterloo on Friday morning for pre-trial conferences in four cases in which he is charged with assaulting his estranged wife and possessing, making and dealing methamphetamines.

http://m.kgan.com/news/UPDATE:_Father_of_Missing_Evansdale_Girl_Due_in_Court

The judge pushed the trial-set date back to August 28th.

I remember getting all suspicious of Susan Smith when she said something along the lines of "I can't even eat or sleep"...and I thought that was a strange thing for someone to say who had missing kids as if that would be somehow surprising...the way she said it got my attention....maybe because she said "even" as I recall...I may be remembering it wrong. Not being able to eat or sleep would be the normal reaction I would imagine, whatever normal is.... MOO

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12134.shtml

Possessions?

Why did Granny feel the need to tell the newspaper that he didn't overdose on weed, meth, or cocaine? Maybe he was arrested for these substances in the past?

It is difficult to tell from the story. Since that information isn't from a straight quote, I can see various ways it could have been put.

Maybe, knowing the huge media attention the drug use of others in the family is getting, she just said it.

Or a reporter could have set her up for it by asking "did he overdose on methamphetamine, cocaine or marijuana?" and she said "no."

Since it's not a quote, I think the second possibility is the more likely one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55