IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they could have been forced to stop and get off their bikes, then the perp could have grabbed the purse and tossed it over the fence as he's walking the girls down the trail. Still, the probability that someone would cycle down the path seems pretty high - since someone was riding in that exact location at that exact time. We also have the 8 minute timeline that the girls had to ride like the wind to get to that location, be forced off their bikes, walk the path towards the end of one of the fences and vanish into the treed area. That timeline is awfully tight.

Correct. Which is why I believe the girls first rode their bikes to the lake around 11:30. And I think they met their 'friend' down there who told them they could go fishing/ play with puppies/ ride a paddleboat if they came to the house by the lake.

So the girls rode back home really quick, waved to grandma at 12:15, then raced back to the lake, dropped their bikes and followed their friend to the
promised land.

Posts like your alleged 'way-too-long' story make me feel comforted that others are sitting there thinking these things out with me. The wicked silence that comes with the absences of missing children, of Lyric and Elizabeth, is too much. For so many reasons, we need to keep on talking. So, thank you.

Aw thank you :). You're welcome. It's comforting to me too, of course. The silence is more deafening than the flurry of posts/theories I think.

BBM...not impossible, but walking along that fence on the lake side would be treacherous and would have to be single file. The paddleboat is a possibility, but it seems to me that LE referenced that boat more as someone who may have seen something. I can't believe that if they thought the girls got on a paddleboat that they would just come out and ask anyone who was on a paddleboat that day to step forward. Also, the jetty is not a good boat ramp. Maybe they talked to someone in a paddleboat, who said, "walk around that fence and over to that clearing, I'll meet you there with my boat and give you a ride." Then they met up in the woods, out of sight, near a waiting vehicle. Or they were out on the jetty and someone was in the woods, with a puppy, and said, "walk back up around this fence and back here and pet my puppy."

Thank you. I was going to ask you if you thought they could walk on the lake side of the fence from the gate to the wooded area - you read my mind. Google maps definitely shows more closely the trees/leaves as they probably are now - than the bing map does.

I also noticed Maiden Ln doesn't match up with where you can actually see the path/road.

Wow an owl outside your window! Cool.

Umm, I just read an article on a site I can not link to here. So I'll just summarize ...

Grandma thinks the girls were taken by drug dealers in retaliation; thier Father gave information in exchange for a lighter sentence in a drug charge.
But this statement has me confused ... Ms Cook said Mr Morrissey had been expected to accept a plea agreement July 12, the day before the girls vanished, but decided not to do so because he was not ready to go jail.

Sorry if this is old news to you all, I'm trying to keep up but you all move pretty fast
icon11.gif

There's uncertainty about whether the bikes were thrown down. The cyclist claims that there was a bike in the path and he swerved to go around it. He didn't move the bike, but left it where it was. One police spokesman has said that the bikes were leaning against the fence. Perhaps the bikes were found lying on the path and police moved them, perhaps the girls left the bikes leaning on the fence and the cyclists sighting is unrelated, perhaps a perp put the bikes there later to completely confuse police. There's just something about the location of the bikes that bothers me ... it seems like a low risk place to abduct children because it's secluded, but it seems like a high risk place because the abductor had to get the children to the end of one of the fences without anyone else coming down the trail.

BBM
A lot of these guys are high risk takers. I think for some if not most, risk is part of the thrill. MOO :moo:

Umm, I just read an article on a site I can not link to here. So I'll just summarize ...

Grandma thinks the girls were taken by drug dealers in retaliation; thier Father gave information in exchange for a lighter sentence in a drug charge.
But this statement has me confused ... Ms Cook said Mr Morrissey had been expected to accept a plea agreement July 12, the day before the girls vanished, but decided not to do so because he was not ready to go jail.

Sorry if this is old news to you all, I'm trying to keep up but you all move pretty fast
icon11.gif

Gma was interviewed on Fox News this evening and actually rerun right now Judge Jeanine. She is asked about that and says she did not say that. Not sure if she actually did or didn't, but she says she didn't. MOO

According to the Google map, the dogs tracked the scent to the woods. Is there not a fence at that point? Anyway, not far through the woods there appears to be a business (Arbutus Lift Station). Was it open the day they disappeared? Is there a parking lot there? It's hard to see since there are so many trees. My thinking is ... what if someone did surprise them? He jumped out and they dropped their bikes, threw the purse and started running. Maybe they thought they could run all the way to the point of the trail that you can see Arbutus Ave and cut through the field to the street. Maybe another person involved was somewhere in the wooded area waiting for them and his/her friend. They get to that point and one is snatched up and then the other by their pursuer. Would the dogs lose their scent if they were carried away? A short walk through the woods and there you find the strange tracks Ollie noticed or, possibly, the parking lot of a business that isn't open.

Do you think LE searched it thoroughly? Could a perp lead or drag kids through there or leave them there to get to the road? Seems pretty creepy...like a secret place or something...secret short cut trail..hinky

Well, I saw things that made me doubt how thoroughly it had been searched. I photographed 3 empty energy drinks laying together right in the clearing. I saw empty beer cans that couldn't have been more than a few days old, etc. To your second question, yes. Its a creepy, secret place...definitely. That whole chunk of trail can be real creepy and spooky, knowing that the woods are such a great spot to hide for an ambush or whatever.

Sometimes I almost feel like I'm subconsciously trying to make each of my ideas more far-fetched than the last one, and this is one of those times. In spite of that, here goes.

What are the chances that someone stole/borrowed the paddleboat and left it sitting in the general area the bikes were found (where the dogs followed the scent to the water). If the girls had found the boat, dropped their bikes and were trying to take it for a ride, would they have been obvious to TG when he rode by?

It just seems like they could have gotten off the boat and back onto their bikes to go home, but maybe saw something they shouldn't have . If whoever they saw stopped them and told them to get off their bikes, they could have leaned them against the fence then. Sorry, I haven't figured out many details, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble if they would have been right in his line of sight when he came by, or if there are other glaring holes in it. I'm sure someone will fill me in on wherever I'm way off base.

Confusion - I think this is a great thought! Someone could have put the paddle boat there - they saw it (empty) went thru the gate, set down the purse - and then someone lead them away from there.

Good idea. Or I can add yours if you send them to me. I can look them up if they are posted here. Let me know.

Amanda, I must say you do have one amazing historical site of pictures/videos/records of crimes.

Thank you for preserving them case by case! xoxo

J Pirro Show

TJ Hart re Dan's charges: ...and an abuse charge and I do believe a firearm was involved with that

I oughtta do that with my own photos of the area. Hmmmmm....

Amanda aka crankycrankerson does this for many many cases - and it is absolutely amazing! You should check them all out some time.

ETA: Maybe she can add your photos from your posts there.

ETA2: Just saw Amanda's offer to add them. :D

Amanda, I must say you do have one amazing historical site of pictures/videos/records of crimes.

Thank you for preserving them case by case! xoxo

TY. I always figured since I need refreshed by pics, that others must too, so when a case grabs me, I try and archive it. I just wish I could get to all the ones I want to.

Well, I saw things that made me doubt how thoroughly it had been searched. I photographed 3 empty energy drinks laying together right in the clearing. I saw empty beer cans that couldn't have been more than a few days old, etc. To your second question, yes. Its a creepy, secret place...definitely. That whole chunk of trail can be real creepy and spooky, knowing that the woods are such a great spot to hide for an ambush or whatever.

That would be my ground zero to start scouring that area for sure. Gives me chills...just looking at it on the map. I'm afraid they dropped the ball...those cans should be DNA tested and the whole place walked in and out of the woods.

In reference to Ollipop sharing that he saw an Owl watching him through the window, I thought I would share the following:

In Native American folklore, an Owl may be known as the ' Eagle of the Night'. The Owl is a talisman of wisdom, bringing to the fore intuition which was previously unacknowledged. The Eagle of the Night sees and hears that which others cannot.

Be safe :)

Good idea. Or I can add yours if you send them to me. I can look them up if they are posted here. Let me know.

They are surely posted...there's a bunch. I made two trips with my camera, the second was more thorough, but they are just raw images. The descriptions are in my posts. I was thinkin of just making a photobucket page or whatever and linking it in a sig.

I haven't found em here yet, lol. Note to self: mark down your own important post #'s. Gotta bail soon, too, so maybe this is a project for tomorrow. Besides, I love leaving this thread so I can come back to 30 unread pages....ugh.

According to the Google map, the dogs tracked the scent to the woods. Is there not a fence at that point? Anyway, not far through the woods there appears to be a business (Arbutus Lift Station). Was it open the day they disappeared? Is there a parking lot there? It's hard to see since there are so many trees. My thinking is ... what if someone did surprise them? He jumped out and they dropped their bikes, threw the purse and started running. Maybe they thought they could run all the way to the point of the trail that you can see Arbutus Ave and cut through the field to the street. Maybe another person involved was somewhere in the wooded area waiting for them and his/her friend. They get to that point and one is snatched up and then the other by their pursuer. Would the dogs lose their scent if they were carried away? A short walk through the woods and there you find the strange tracks Ollie noticed or, possibly, the parking lot of a business that isn't open.

BBM
If you go to Bing maps and click on the birdseye view, those overhead shots were taken in fall/winter when the trees are mostly leafless, it gives a much better view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan