IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this case from the beginning and want to say thank you to everyone for the updates.

It may be nothing but I would be thrilled to see "Arrest" added to this thread.
These girls are why I came here in the first place, and I decided then that I wouldn't leave until someone was caught (and either convicted or dead). I never realized at the time how long that would be.

I wondered about that developer as well. My mom mentioned that he’d gotten into trouble long ago (possibly the 70’s or 80’s?) but that it was swept under the rug. Also, I know that he and HC are friends and would hang out, socially.

I don't know about this particular individual, but he sounds like the sort of person I expect the killer to be. Somebody who makes people think, "No it can't be him."

“ A 36-year-old Iowa woman who pulled her eight-year-old son into the path of a train last month in a horrific murder-suicide told police she had information on two young girls that went missing back in 2012 prior to the jump.

Teresa Catherine Gerleman killed herself and her son Henry Fields on May 4 at the Belle Plaine train station.

Just before the killing she told police she had information related to the kidnap and murder of cousins Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, who were abducted from Evansdale, Iowa in July 2012.

The bodies of the girls were found seven months later and no arrests have been made in their murder.

Read more: Police search home of mother, 36, who claimed she had information on the murdered Evansdale girls | Daily Mail Online

I just read the news and came straight here. I hope and pray this case is about the break open I have never gave up hope.

What sparked hopes of a new lead in the unsolved killings of two Evansdale girls six years ago has turned out to be old information, an investigator said Friday.

Acting on a tip and a search warrant, authorities scoured the Belle Plaine home of a woman who killed herself and her son earlier this month by stepping in front of train.

Tip on Evansdale killings is 'old information'

This may be nothing, or maybe the police just don't want to alert the public to anything new while they investigate. Either way, I'm thrilled to see renewed interest in this case and the possibility of movement towards justice for the girls.

What sparked hopes of a new lead in the unsolved killings of two Evansdale girls six years ago has turned out to be old information, an investigator said Friday.

SBM - I'm guessing this means they won't be going to the time/expense of having experts try and recover deleted messages from her cell phones ??

I remember when the first bodies were found in our serial killer investigation, a couple of news agencies kept citing an LE source for information that was off kilter at best. The source turned out to be the retired part time cop directing traffic around the crime scene. He never got within half a mile of the actual investigation.

Since then I take unnamed investigators with a healthy dose of salt. Hopefully they at least go back over that old information to see if something might have been overlooked.

I remember when the first bodies were found in our serial killer investigation, a couple of news agencies kept citing an LE source for information that was off kilter at best. The source turned out to be the retired part time cop directing traffic around the crime scene. He never got within half a mile of the actual investigation.

Since then I take unnamed investigators with a healthy dose of salt. Hopefully they at least go back over that old information to see if something might have been overlooked.

Good point. LE also may not want to tip their hand just yet if it is new information.

Hoping and praying for a break in this case . . .

109435-5d71ddca304ad22e53da3c35584fad4b.jpg

Last edited:
I keeping hoping as well, though I feel the recent suicide is a mental issue that may not bring LE any closer to solving this. Six years. These families are my heroes. I don't know how they keep going, but as a friend said to me, they have no choice. They breath because they have to. I just pray they get resolution soon.

I keeping hoping as well, though I feel the recent suicide is a mental issue that may not bring LE any closer to solving this. Six years. These families are my heroes. I don't know how they keep going, but as a friend said to me, they have no choice. They breath because they have to. I just pray they get resolution soon.

My heart breaks for all the families in this terrible situation especially Elizabeth and Lyrics and Abigail and Liberty’s families. I want the monsters that harmed them behind bars ASAP and hope and pray their cases break every day.

Clearly there's a mental health issue involved; I just hope LE isn't allowing that to distract them from any potential truth. Just because she wasn't rational doesn't mean everything she said was wrong.

Clearly there's a mental health issue involved; I just hope LE isn't allowing that to distract them from any potential truth. Just because she wasn't rational doesn't mean everything she said was wrong.

Do any of you remember way back at the beginning of the investigation when there was talk about a woman who was reportedly wandering around the lake and wooded area by Meyer's Lake saying she knew what happened to the girls? I think it was maybe even reported the woman appeared to have mental issues, or was on drugs...said she was a psychic...something like that.
Does anyone remember this?
Makes me wonder if this could have been her.

I read about this murder-suicide a few days ago, now seeing this..wow could it all lead back to finally knowing what happened to Lyric and Elisabeth?
Train murder-suicide leads to tip about Evansdale killings

Have been pondering this tragic development... is there a possibility they were BOTH murdered... in order to 'silence' them ?
Is there video proof that she did this to her son and then herself ?
Sorry if this was discussed previously.

Have been pondering this tragic development... is there a possibility they were BOTH murdered... in order to 'silence' them ?
Is there video proof that she did this to her son and then herself ?
Sorry if this was discussed previously.
I think I read that the engineer saw her standing there, and then pull the boy in front of it too, but I don't remember where I read it.

Do any of you remember way back at the beginning of the investigation when there was talk about a woman who was reportedly wandering around the lake and wooded area by Meyer's Lake saying she knew what happened to the girls? I think it was maybe even reported the woman appeared to have mental issues, or was on drugs...said she was a psychic...something like that.
Does anyone remember this?
Makes me wonder if this could have been her.

Yes, I remember this for sure. Her boy would have been apx. 2 years old at the time of the girls abduction, fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV