IA IA - Johnny Gosch, 12, West Des Moines, 5 Sept 1982 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what does the father have to do with this ..and why are they talking about these big powerfull guys not muscle wise but like government stuff..

what does the father have to do with this ..and why are they talking about these big powerfull guys not muscle wise but like government stuff..

As far as the "conspiracy" goes, the story is that Johnny and other boys in the area were abducted and taken away to an unknown location where they were initiated into the prostitution ring that provided the rich and powerful with young male companionship.

what about this gannon guy did he ever take the dna test....If not why the heck not why wouldnt you wanna put that to rest..i found that odd that he was taking so long but thats all i could find out so i dont know if he ever took the darn test or not..

A reporter who wants to know can easily get his DNA and then get the mother's off of a glass or whatever.

BS stuff is the way I see this

what about this gannon guy did he ever take the dna test....If not why the heck not why wouldnt you wanna put that to rest..i found that odd that he was taking so long but thats all i could find out so i dont know if he ever took the darn test or not..

I've never paid attention to the allegations surrounding Gannon. My gut tells me that entire thing is a red herring so it's never something I've followed.

What I'd like to know is given the fact that Johnny's parents received late-night phone calls for weeks before his abduction + the fact that the night before his abduction, they received another call and Noreen says that her husband conversed back and forth + even more earth-shattering is Paul Bonacci's court testimony that the abductor's are the ones who atleast called the night before the abduction and were the ones that Johnny's father was speaking with (which is how they knew that Johnny would be delivering papers along that morning) - - - why has nothing more been said about the father's involvement?? So many websites dedicated to the Johnny Gosch abduction, yet hardly a word about his father's obvious involvement in it.

It's not difficult for anyone to see a paperboy route a d hours. Predictable

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ur-showing-johnny-gosch-documentary/25488959/

Johnny Gosch, the 12-year-old paperboy who disappeared 32 years ago in West Des Moines, takes center stage in a documentary appearing the week of April 24 at the Fleur Cinema. Michael Galinsky, director of the film, said it has shown at about 20 festivals and received an "incredible" reaction. "Eventually we came to see Noreen was a really interesting character. That's how we ended up making this movie," he said. "There are crazy new revelations ... but when you see it with everyone else, it raises a lot of important questions."

As a former Des Moines resident and a former DMR paper carrier during the late 70's early 80's I have always thought a few things would gain more discussion. Maybe they have, and I have missed them.
-It should not be overlooked that the Des Moines Register had two young employees that disappeared and were likely murdered within a relatively very short period of time. This is a paper with a lot of influence in Iowa and one that carefully guards its reputation as a bell-weather source for America with the Iowa caucus attention etc. Let’s not forget that though unintentionally, the DMR was placing these boys in a situation where they met a terrible end. But let’s also not forget that the DMR greatly controlled the message being delivered here. They really avoided scrutiny pretty well.
- Gosch and Martin were both taken so geographically close to one another that I have always felt it was probably a quick kill after the abduction. Both abduction sites were very close by high speed travel to heavy woods, gravel pits and river area south and west of town. The Raccoon River valley provides flooding, heavy woods etc. Gosch’s neighborhood was a newer neighborhood and this area was quickly reachable then. Martin’s spot would easily reach Army Post Road… then west at highway speeds to reach that area. In those days, our culture did not enlist as much public participation as it does now. My hunch has always been that the person knew or lived in the south or west sides of DM, and probably had a reason for being out all night. I have always wondered if that river valley area was appropriately scoured. I imagine the flood of 93 probably wiped out any evidence if it was there.
- In that era, paper carriers were the easiest target imaginable. It was basically middle of the night or pre-dawn, and they are vulnerable in age and size. And they were for the most part alone. If they were both taken at the site where they pick up their papers, that would be a spot where they would be consistently seen. Once they get out on their route they would be more of a moving target. That pick up spot is usually where the paper boy would usually fold their papers, load the bag, wagon etc. before heading out on the route.
- I was young then, only 15 when Gosch was taken, but I clearly remember Noreen Gosch being viewed as odd. She was viewed as a pretty woman with too much eye makeup. I think she was unfairly portrayed as a nut case. Because she has carried the torch so consistently for so long, she is probably taken more seriously now than ever. That being said, I don’t believe her son visited her. I think she made a leap there to stay relevant. It’s hard to judge her.
- The Sam Soda thing merits great examination. If I remember right, Soda did have a reputation as a guy looking for relevance. I saw him once when I had a job at a Hy-Vee… I brought some groceries to his car at like 7 am. I remember thinking looking in his car that it looked like he had snacks or drinks and I assumed he was out all night. I always wondered if he had a family or kids. My understanding was that he was a south sider. It is tough to find information about him.
- I believe that whoever did this had a reason to be out and about at 4-5 am on a Sunday morning. That excludes 99% of people. A late or early job? Maybe they told their wife they were going fishing? I hope that any DMR circulation person near them was thoroughly searched.

[video=youtube;B6Jr-dyyLbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=B6Jr-dyyLbA&app=desktop[/video]

I have a lot of sympathy for Noreen; I cannot imagine what she has gone through since Johnny was abducted. However, I strongly feel she has been led to believe this outrageous story regarding who took Johnny and why. Sadly, I think he was probably murdered shortly after he was taken.

I don't doubt he was kidnapped and abused in a pedofile ring, I just don't believe he came back to visit her. I think she imagined that from the psychological torture faced from losing a child.

I'm not seeing much Des Moines Register coverage of the film release. I think that the Gosch and Martin families have lost some vigilance from the locally and nationally prominent newspaper because they were both employees when they were snatched up never to be seen. If they were delivering something other than the Des Moines Register this case would get as much passion as it deserves. When I look back now it becomes even more obvious... No one really wanted to face this problem... they wanted to bury it in their heads thinking Noreen Gosch was a kook and Eugene was just another kid from the wrong side of the tracks.

To me it appears the person in the best position to abduct a paperboy early in the morning or at night is the driver who drops off the papers. No need to justify why they are out at those hours and a vehicle stacked with newspapers is not likely to be searched.

Johnny Gosch, a freckle-faced 12-year-old from West Des Moines, Iowa, was last seen heading out to deliver newspapers on Sept. 5, 1982. Other paper carriers saw him at the pickup point early that morning, and a witness told police he saw Johnny speaking to a man in a car with out-of-state license plates and later being followed by another man. The boy’s parents realized something was wrong when neighbors began calling to ask why their papers had not been delivered. Johnny’s mother, Noreen Gosch, helped push through legislation in Iowa that required immediate police responses to missing-child cases. When her son disappeared, police said a person had to be gone 72 hours to be considered “missing.” Johnny's face was the second, after Etan Patz’s, to appear on the side of milk cartons in 1984. He has never been found.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-etan-patz-missing-children-20150509-story.html

This is the local weekend premiere of a documentary about a West Des Moines paperboy who was kidnapped more than 30 years ago. And it’s stirring up a lot of memories. This weekend, the Fleur Cinema in Des Moines is showing the documentary “Who Took Johnny,” which is a look into the disappearances.

“The filming company did a fantastic of putting together a story that spans 30 years in a timeline that somebody could go in that’s not familiar with the case and sit down and watch it and follow what took place,” Gosch’s mother, Noreen Gosch said.

http://iowafreepress.com/2015/05/23/johnny-gosch-documentary-seeks-nationwide-release/
http://whotv.com/2015/04/25/johnny-gosch-documentary-premieres-locally/

[video=youtube;aSsk-LoO6WA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSsk-LoO6WA[/video]

Quite a few of you are asking why there wasn't more involvement from the Des Moines newspaper and from what I understand it's because a couple of employees were themselves involved in the kiddie *advertiser censored*/prostitution thing that was going on.

I tbink the The DMRegister is more concerned about awards, the iowa caucuses, and staying profitable. The Gosch abduction is nothing but a liability.

This is so sad.I pray they find out what happened to him soon.

I tbink the The DMRegister is more concerned about awards, the iowa caucuses, and staying profitable. The Gosch abduction is nothing but a liability.
DMR is not what it used to be as a newspaper and hasn't been for twenty years. If any journos are going to get into this, they're going to be from new media, not old.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back