Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That morning the house was left in it's normal state as it would be when none of the residents are home. Dogs fed and watered in the basement. And I assume the door unlocked, as Dalton says it always is.

But, Mollie didn't follow her usual routine. She wasn't on social media. She didn't answer texts. She didn't show up for work.

How could the house be just right, when Mollie wasn't?

maybe she was getting breakfast with someone prior to going to work?

It is somewhere about the 12:00 minute mark where the reporter mentions a creek being there.
jmo

Another point to keep in mind is that if there is a connection, then leaving evidence in the wrong place would be a similarity.

That sounds ridiculously cryptic. What I mean is that if there is a connection between this case and the Iowa cousins, then, similar to the bikes being used to lead investigators in the wrong direction in Evansdale, the red t-shirt could also be used to mislead investigators.

The Hannah Graham case was mentioned earlier. Her case is tied to Morgan Harrington, whose t-shirt was found on a bush in a neighborhood near the arena where she was last seen. Her body was miles away in a farmer's field. Seems to me that one thing murders do is they put evidence in the wrong place with the hope that they will not get caught.

I am curious about the Lincoln Wildlife Area.

I also have to draw attention again to the fact that her boyfriend's house is not a crime scene. If LE thought she was taken from his home, they would not have been allowed to return to it, even if it was in the yard.

^^^This is what I don't understand. Did LE initially treat the house as a potential crime scene or not? If not, why not? At what point in time did LE search that house? Did LE have to obtain a search warrant for the home or did the homeowners give LE permission to search it right away? Was any evidence gathering and/or testing, etc., done on windows, doors, etc.?

Nice work Hatfield
I agree with you with earlier than my 6:00 -6:30

I couldn't find the time work started
For her

It was still dark out at that time

Does that mean that the timeline for her disappearance is somewhere between 10PM on July 18 and 6AM July 19?

That morning the house was left in it's normal state as it would be when none of the residents are home. Dogs fed and watered in the basement. And I assume the door unlocked, as Dalton says it always is.

But, Mollie didn't follow her usual routine. She wasn't on social media. She didn't answer texts. She didn't show up for work.

How could the house be just right, when Mollie wasn't?

State of the house certainly lends to the theory that she either:

1) - Knew her abductor or at least had some level of comfort with them, hence no alarms going off in her brain to call/text/SM someone to alert.

or

2) - Got completely ready for work and then was taken by surprise as she was leaving. This explains the dogs and house being in 'as they should be' shape. However, only piece that doesn't fit this theory is the contacts/glasses. Regardless if she was walking to her mom's house or work itself, family members have said her eyesight without them was poor. I can't imagine she'd forget to bring them.

I still believe #1 is the most likely scenario. It would be interesting to know if any of her co-workers - especially male ones she communicated with - missed or were late for work that day as well.

We don't know that the red shirt found belongs to Mollie do we? Albeit, what are the odds of finding a red shirt at the side of the road when we're looking for a red shirt? I'll bet it was planted by someone.

We don't know that the red shirt found belongs to Mollie do we? Albeit, what are the odds of finding a red shirt at the side of the road when we're looking for a red shirt? I'll bet it was planted by someone.
Ragbrai

State of the house certainly lends to the theory that she either:

1) - Knew her abductor or at least had some level of comfort with them, hence no alarms going off in her brain to call/text/SM someone to alert.

or

2) - Got completely ready for work and then was taken by surprise as she was leaving. This explains the dogs and house being in 'as they should be' shape. However, only piece that doesn't fit this theory is the contacts/glasses. Regardless if she was walking to her mom's house or work itself, family members have said her eyesight without them was poor. I can't imagine she'd forget to bring them.

I still believe #1 is the most likely scenario. It would be interesting to know if any of her co-workers - especially male ones she communicated with - missed or were late for work that day as well.
Good thoughts but I think you’re missing something in your first point. If the abductor caught her off guard, perhaps at gun point or knifepoint, then she wouldn’t have had the opportunity to signal for help.

I can't that believe suicide is even being speculated about. I hate when that happens on threads like this. I feel like it's almost the same as pointing the finger at persons who have not been named a suspect in the case, only worse because it Mollie herself.

Someone could have come in the house while she was sleeping, chloroformed her, put the dogs away and drove away with her.
It's not my first choice of what happened but it could just be that simple.
But.....to my knowledge the house hasn't been taped off as a crime scene. I would think if LE or FBI thought someone entered the home to take her they would be looking for all kinds of things representing someone was in there other than a house member.

I can't that believe suicide is even being speculated about. I hate when that happens on threads like this. I feel like it's almost the same as pointing the finger at persons who have not been named a suspect in the case, only worse because it Mollie herself.
Well I think it’s good to explore all possibilities, and that is one of them. Although I absolutely disagree that this is anything other than foul play.

Someone could have come in the house while she was sleeping, chloroformed her, put the dogs away and drove away with her.
It's not my first choice of what happened but it could just be that simple.
But.....to my knowledge the house hasn't been taped off as a crime scene. I would think if LE or FBI thought someone entered the home to take her they would be looking for all kinds of things representing someone was in there other than a house member.
Lol Chloroform. What is this a movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members