Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I don’t think this red shirt belongs to her. I guess I shall be proved wrong maybe later today. I think LE for sure would be able to tell if she came back from her run, her shorts/running top would be in the House. Almost everyone jumps in the shower after a run, there’s no way the running clothes would be missing unless on Mollie. To me the red shirt is confusing the investigation and I’m hoping LE can clear it’s up.
I’d like to think so as well but being they were out there searching for so long yesterday makes me think they have reason to believe it’s her shirt.

Jmo thus far

Praying for MT's safe return. Have tried to keep up, so many people helping! This is my impression of Iowa, quiet living, vast corn fields, so many livestock farming, you pass semis regularly hauling pigs to slaughter, so regularly that it was eye opening to me. Also, huge train system for hauling produce and shipping everything in from the coasts, like fish and coffee. Neighbors are valued because farm life is tough. Extremely close knit communities. I only can think of two things. The only time people have stopped to offer me rides while I was out on a run/walk, was if it was raining and those few times, the only time I even thought about going with them was the sky looked green and/or I was worried about my phone getting wet and being ruined. Otherwise, even in pain, you gut it out! I have never taken my wallet with me and sometimes went out without my contacts or glasses. But, that is rare, on a spur of the moment kinda decision to go. Or maybe someone overpowered her in an isolated area. An area that prior, was an oasis of peace for MT.
When I moved to Iowa, my neighbors- whom I didn't yet recognize- would be driving by then stop their car when they saw me sitting at a bus stop- & offer me a ride. At first, it freaked me out, & I'd refuse to get in the car, even if I recognized them. I felt there was a not-so-subtle cultural pressure to take rides. Also, everywhere I'd ride my bike, strangers would wave at me *as if we had some kind of prior relationship*. Coming from a big city, it angered me. I felt threatened, instead of charmed. By the time I started getting used to it, I moved away again to a big city (after grad sch at Iowa). In the rain, getting dark, she may have thought she vaguely recognized the driver, so jumped in. I still maintain she went missing in the early am from the house, but just thought I'd chime in about the 'stranger danger' aspect, & how easy it can come down in Iowa.

We can't sleuth this, but maybe she has a step-brother?

I've been waiting for someone else to notice that error, but that is not her step-brother, it is her cousin. Her twitter has thus far been open to sleuthing, and she has a picture on her twitter of their joint graduation party invite last May, they were in the same class at BGM (and also attend the same college).

ETA last time I brought it up I was mod-snipped, but I think everything I have written is within the rules this time.

I am confused with the house where she was staying at. I see that it is shared with her boyfriend, his brother and his fiance. In a recent article i read that the boyfriends brother was 80 miles away visiting his fiance. 80 miles is about 1.5 hours away. Have we taken him off the suspect list? Someone she knows and wouldn't put up a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member