Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the other discussions I wanted to open in reading everyone's great comments relates to probabilities.

I keep asking myself a few questions.

1. If someone abducted or manipulated Mollie into leaving, it doesn't seem to have occurred through a blatant display of force. Lamps weren't knocked over, items weren't strewn across the floor, blood splatter hasn't been found (at least yet). So what is more probable, in your minds, I'm curious? That the person who "took" Mollie is a A. masterful, highly skilled professional kidnapper...or that B. it was a person she engaged willingly? For me, either is possible, but B. seems far more likely.

Happy Good Morning all!

I wanted to reply to you yesterday but the thread was locked.

When it comes to skill to force someone to comply it might only take a person with a gun in his/her hand pointed at you! That may have been the only thing necessary here AND when you factor in that they didn't routinely lock their doors AND even though the house or the street were her last geo points if a person jumped out of a row of corn with a gun, or came up beside her as she ran and pointed a gun. If she was knocked to the ground first by either a car or truck and then faced someone with a gun she would even have been more likely to comply.

When you say Masterful - do you mean imposing? Or were your driving home that the person was adept/proficient?

If a gun or weapon was not used, then I do believe the person responsible for her disappearance was most likely BIGGER- and hence, imposing to Mollie in that instance and afterwards.

All my opinion of course.

I believe this was sexually motivated crime. My gut feeling is stalking. This feels like a predator who knew her daily routine. I think the predator is sexually pleasured by the hunt. I think they could even prolong the pursuit because it gives them such such a glorious high a feeling of being a master of the universe.

When they finally decide to go in for the kill it is the secret fullfillment of their darkest need to achieve the ultimate trophy.

Who the predictor is I do not know but I will tell you the biggest clue at least for me is the second search at the pig farm. The second search did not happen just because the FBI didn't have anything better to do than kick their heels and expend numerous man-hours crawling around on the ground in the heat at an Iowa pig farm.

Just My Opinion

I get a hinky feeling kind of like in the Holly Bobo abduction.

I’m sad but you and I agree. I think this was a very well orchestrated plan after much research. This is not the first time for the man who took her. I think he’s honed his methods from experience.

Interestingly enough I also believe she may have met him at least to speak. It was part of his plan so as not to alarm her until he was ready to abduct her.

Too bad one of her co-workers doesn't post here. The issue with the red shirt could be resolved quickly and easily. Mom did state that both Mollie's red shirts were in her room, but also stated that she couldn't rule out the existence of a 3rd red shirt. A co-worker could answer if new shirts had been given out for this specific field trip.

I’m sad but you and I agree. I think this was a very well orchestrated plan after much research. This is not the first time for the man who took her. I think he’s honed his methods from experience.

Interestingly enough I also believe she may have met him at least to speak. It was part of his plan so as not to alarm her until he was ready to abduct her.
This scenario actually gives me hope he would keep her alive for his own pleasure.

Perhaps a good old fashioned power struggle in the divorced parents. Her father has seemed more the go to spokesman for the family. Still, it does seem investigators will have issued clear instructions on keeping mum.
DM has a history of paying well for solid stories so discussion on here earlier today was that her Mom took the opportunity to sell the story to fund expenses. The issue of dissention in the family as to LE strategy might now be emerging as a very real issue. I cannot imagine what the family is going through at this point and LE is asking for virtual blind faith that its no-talk strategy will be fruitful. After 2+ weeks and little in the way of public information or results (MT still missing), I think any parent might start to question the status quo and perhaps do an end run around LE guidelines, especially if they are an independent strong woman which by all account the Mom is. Pure guess though on all this. Also, by all accounts the two parents have been described as 'estranged'. Body language between the two at PC events looks strained (hard to tell if its the circumstances or carryover from prior relationship but we do know MT attended Dads recent wedding while 2 brothers allegedly did not). But we could be starting to see cracks/division in the family to get the info out to the public to prompt worthwhile tips OR maybe the DM article is part of LE strategy to use the media to release breadcrumbs (correct or incorrect breadcrumbs - who knows?) that has seemed to characterize this case. The entire info flow in this case has been puzzling to me so I'm not sure what to believe at this point. Ideas?

Why do you think LC gave the interview with her thoughts?
I've wondered if my child were missing and LE was calling all the shots and telling me I needed to keep quiet with what I knew or thought, I might have a hard time. I'm pretty strong willed and would kill for my children so I just might decide to not go along with LE tactics if I felt it might be hurting finding my child's finding.

Dear kkdj,

My thought is that Mollie's Mom reached the point of despair and has refused to stay there. She's turned from despair into "resilience" and her behavior has changed. That's why she gave the interview, in my opinion.

I think she will continue to be more vocal.

Just my opinion.

Too bad one of her co-workers doesn't post here. The issue with the red shirt could be resolved quickly and easily. Mom did state that both Mollie's red shirts were in her room, but also stated that she couldn't rule out the existence of a 3rd red shirt. A co-worker could answer if new shirts had been given out for this specific field trip.
Mollie has worked for this place prior summers too so it's possible she had several of the red shirts if they used the same ones every year.

I just had a thought - I wonder if there would have been a reason she did NOT want to go to the fair with the kids the next day? This is bouncing of what you're suggesting, @BessDrew - maybe there was something about that she didn't want and that would encourage her to make an otherwise out-of-character decision to skip out on work that day?

Again again (lol) I think it's highly unlikely, but I think something like that could have led her to make an impulsive choice like going for a ride with someone the night before that she could have even regretted right away but by then it would have been too late. Like, I'll go out and it doesn't matter if it's late because I really don't want to go to the fair anyway.

Which makes me wonder about people she knew would be at the fair who she wouldn't have wanted to encounter.

Another stretch, I know...

Doesn't it often take quite a long time to obtain digital data via warrant? There are a few cases I can recall where folks assumed LE had the data early on only to find out at trial that it sometimes took months to get.

LE keeps saying they are confident that the data will provide clues and potential answers, so they may not have access to it - or all of it - as yet. JMO.
As to MT's own digital data I think they can get that immediately, no need for a warrant if a crime is suspected against her.

if the red shirt found by the pig farm is not Mollie’s, then why do people think LE expended such huge manpower on searching the area?

Do people really think LE would have this kind of manpower on a person who left of her free will?

LE claims they know her timeline and where she went.

This is looking more and more like a stranger abduction, and possibly just an unfortunate encounter for Mollie. I'm scared it is like the Hernadez case in NH... where someone was driving through, saw the girl, kidnapped her...and no one knew who it was...In Mollie's case, I don't think LE even have video of a vehicle, person, or anything. Just vanished.
I am thinking along the same lines. If Mollie liked trail trail running, she may have even veered off the road to cut through a field. The sheer height of the corn and crops and the fact that houses are sparse, leaves huge areas where someone could have been taken without anyone seeing. It could even have been someone on foot who dragged Mollie out of sight into one of the fields. I am hoping against hope, but its not looking good.

@feralwriter Same thing. I accepted a ride on the highway, in a bad snow storm with car trouble. Bad choice. Always stay in the car. Sadly, we are human, not robots and sometimes we make the wrong decision.
glad you are ok~~
Glad you're ok, too. Snowstorms are the worst, besides tornadoes imo.... that's true strandedness.

I've read at least one study on stranger danger... where kids were set up in an experiment with a stranger while their parents watched from off-set. Parents were shocked when their kids went with the stranger.... These were kids/teens. I just can't get in Mollie's head, but profilers can, to an extent. There remains, always, the fickleness of non-prediction. I can't say for a fact, as I write this, that under the right circumstances, I'll never hitchhike again. I hope I don't, but who knows. That was a serious creepfest with the last guy in the van telling me over & over how I really should not be hitchhiking while staring at me, & all I did was chatter nonstop about my life to get him to see me as something other than an object.

Yes we remember Holly Bobo and how she was stalked by Adams.... Bobo friend describes man in camouflage at coon hunt {Shayne Austin will be indicted, according to the district attorney,---Wood was on a double-date with Bobo, her childhood friend, at the Decatur County coon hunt in 2011.---something made Wood look behind her - you know how you feel staring eyes.---"He had this look like he was staring at us. I had never seen this guy before," Wood said. "He just kept staring at us---}
And don't even click on this if you are unfamiliar or squeamish. :( Jason Autry testifies all day, explains how Zach Adams killed Holly Bobo {Autry was friends with Zach Adams, Dylan Adams, and Shayne Austin; he is also charged with the murder of Holly Bobo.---Autry said Zach told him he needed help hiding a body. Autry assumed the body belonged to someone named JoJo they had previously talked about killing.
Autry said Zach told him, "No, that's Holly Bobo."}
and ---An affidavit for a search warrant states that Dylan told authorities that on April 13, 2011, he went to Zach's residence to get his truck. Dylan reportedly "observed Holly Lynn Bobo sitting in a green chair in the living room wearing a pink t-shirt, with Jason Wayne Autry standing just a few feet away." He also told police Zach was "wearing camouflage shorts, black cut-off-sleeve t-shirt and a pair of green Crocs" shoes. Dylan also said that Zach told him "he had raped Bobo and ---the "camouflaged man"--- :( Murder of Holly Bobo - Wikipedia
Of course they all lie....and who knows if there is only one perp? Down the rabbit hole again.

Last edited:
Just posted on this elsewhere...but what if the shirt found wasn't the camp/logo shirt but rather her jogging top that was described as 'pink' in the missing posters?

Quizzed a person in a neighboring county in a position to know some things (sheriff). First I complained about the lack of information from authorities to the public. He didn't respond much.

Then I probed for some information. Other than saying most missing persons most often run away, he offered little information. The run-aways however are a younger group.

He didn't respond to any theory. Expressed confidence in the IDCI and FBI. Frankly, I dont think authorities know much more than they have released. Everyone is baffled at this point.

It would appear they were concerned. Brother called her to see if she needed a ride, she didn't respond. Her place of work was called and they found out she never made it to work. Brother called police and reported her missing.
Still catching up, so this may have been addressed already...but this is the sequence of events, as has been reported, regarding Thursday when she was discovered missing... (bbm)

Brother Jake said that on Thursday, July 19, the day Mollie was reported missing to police, he'd texted her in the morning to see if she wanted to borrow a car they shared so she could go to work at Grinnell Regional Medical Center. ”
source: Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

(Nite: Jack is Mollie’s bf)
“Morning: Jack sent Tibbetts a message, but he said he didn't notice it went unread.

Afternoon: A coworker of Tibbetts' called Jack to tell him she hadn't shown up for work and also hadn't called in sick. Jack began calling loved ones, none of whom had seen her at any time on Thursday.

Later Thursday: Tibbetts' family reported her missing to police on Thursday.”

source: Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

IMO, it is a logical conclusion that the reason LE has conducted multiple searches in/around the hog farm is because that is the last known location of her digital footprint, i.e., Fitbit, phone, or both. MOO, that means one of two things: either the phone/Fitbit were tossed there or MT was there. *ETA: LE will also know the time her devices registered as being at that location. Do we know if LE has questioned neighbors in that area re: whether or not they saw MT running/walking past that evening?

If correct 15 miles is a long way to run past a pig farm from the point of the house. Especially in the heat.

I think she will continue to be more vocal.

RSBM. I think it will be interesting to see if she continues to be more vocal both due to what she might say and what that might tell us about how information is being shared and where they all stand with their thoughts on things.

I am thinking along the same lines. If Mollie like trail trail running, she may have even veered off the road to cut through a field. The sheer height of the corn and crops and the fact that houses are sparse, leaves huge areas where someone could have been taken without anyone seeing. It could even have been someone on foot who dragged Mollie out of sight into one of the fields. I am hoping against hope, but its not looking good.
Most of what I've read indicates she had a few regular routes that were all through town, not on trails. Some posters in earlier threads that are familiar with corn fields said it was extremely unrealistic to think she would ever run in the actual fields due due to the conditions/ space/ actual corn.

These are my thoughts too, that along with the shirt possibly being discovered and triggering more searching of the area. JMO
additionally, a member here (whom I believe was part of one search party) wasn't able to disclose any information pertaining to search because LE didn't confirm/deny anything in presser. I respect that decision to protect the integrity of the case, but it leads me to believe that something was either discovered during the search, or there was a very specific reason the area was searched. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme