Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am leaning toward this scenario as well. She is dropped off at 5:30 p.m. Does homework while it cools off outside. Gets ready to run. Puts the dogs in the basement. Perhaps sends the Snapchat before she leaves as it has been said that it appeared she was "inside" in the Snapchat. She leaves the house around 7:30 pm. Perhaps she means to run to her mom's for dinner and she texts "okay" to her mom. At 7:45 p.m. she is sighted for the last time. I still don't know if someone physically saw her at this time or if this is the time the electronic timeline petered out. Since she normally ran for 45 mins., it could be she met harm fifteen minutes into the run. If she had returned home, the dogs would have been loose in the house.

What about the Snapchat to her bf at 10:00 PM? Edit: Oops, I see your theory that she sent it before leaving.

Last edited:
I know there was severe weather reported in the area that evening, but has anyone established whether it was - or could have been - when she was on her evening jaunt? The reason is because this brings natural causes into play like lightning strikes, etc.

The severe weather wasn't until the next night, the 19th.

what if she did her homework before even setting out on her run?

changed, did her homework, texted mom, ran? Or does that mess with the timeline of when the neighbor saw her?

LOT94, I've also wondered if she did her homework pre-run...if her brother dropped her off at 5:30 and she left for her run around 7:30, that would have given her a nice 2-hour interval to do homework. I consider anything after 5:00 "evening" hours, so when LE says there's evidence she was doing homework on her laptop that evening, could they mean she was on her laptop b/t 5:30-7:30, or have they explicitly stated she was on it late evening vs early evening? Could she have also sent her Snap to DJ around that time and he opened it at 10?

I don't know what to make of that article, I really don't. On the one hand, we've been waiting for all those details for days now so I want to take them as fact.

On the other, many of them contradict other details from other reporting and the reporting has been so inconsistent from the beginning it's hard to know what to believe.
This is how I feel too. I don’t know what is inconsistent reporting and what is real information. I wonder too if Mollies mom believed some things the LE told her earlier in the investigation even if it didn’t quite sound right to her and now she’s speaking more independently saying what she actually thinks. The homework discrepancy for example, she originally said it appeared Mollie had done homework late. Now she said she doesn’t think she got home from her run. I can see LE telling her - she got home because she did homework. But Mollies mom might have thought - that weird she would normally do that and then go run but they must know. Then she starts seeing that nothing she runs with is at the house and that voice that says ‘Mollie did her hw and then ran’ gets lounder and lounder. There seems to be some frustration with the investigation between the lines. I don’t know if that means she’s unhappy with the LE effort or if it’s just the expected frustration that comes from no answers. But she seems to be more freely giving information. She seems more comfortable saying what she thinks. Hopefully it will help. Or at the very least helps give her an outlet.

I am the poster who mentioned not realizing the boys have their mother’s surname. I based that off photo captions from the Gazette. I have attached one. It’s definitely possible the captions are incorrect. However, I do know, from personal experience, that blood relation cannot be determined strictly via physical resemblance.

Attachments

• 3931D88A-FF0C-4212-A51D-DF883F4243BD.jpeg
    3931D88A-FF0C-4212-A51D-DF883F4243BD.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 87
I'm having a really hard time with the sight tonight. Forgive me if I'm taking the convo off track. I wonder if she was taken from her run and her Fitbit showed she went past Casey's. (Or that was the only camera near where she took her run and they were hoping something would be on it?)
See map

Attachments

• paintastic20180803_211818.png
    paintastic20180803_211818.png
    747 KB · Views: 39
I found the article where he says when LE interviewed him they told him the fitbit data showed she ran past his house, but he claims he didn't see her that night. Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter
RSBM. The thing about this is that she would have HAD to go by his house to go anyplace in the direction of town, which they have said they know she did (go that direction). So it's possible that he just misunderstood. They would have known she went by his place based on the Fitbit exercise data and other sightings even without GPS (although I think they probably have GPS from the phone if not the Fitbit). It wasn't really necessary in his case for the Fitbit to have shown a path, given where his house is relative to hers and town.

But her mother didn't seem to expect her for dinner ... Seems like no one thought she was missing until the next morning.

I believe in a previous article her mother stated that she just figured Mollie just got busy or decided not to stop over for dinner and therefore didn’t think anything of her not showing up.

How could BF tell dogs had been fed or when?

I think she fed and shut them up before heading for mom’s later on, in same running gear, to sleep there. But I still wonder why her glasses or contacts were ever mentioned unless in fact she did NOT have spares.

I am leaning toward this scenario as well. She is dropped off at 5:30 p.m. Does homework while it cools off outside. Gets ready to run. Puts the dogs in the basement. Perhaps sends the Snapchat before she leaves as it has been said that it appeared she was "inside" in the Snapchat. She leaves the house around 7:30 pm. Perhaps she means to run to her mom's for dinner and she texts "okay" to her mom. At 7:45 p.m. she is sighted for the last time. I still don't know if someone physically saw her at this time or if this is the time the electronic timeline petered out. Since she normally ran for 45 mins., it could be she met harm fifteen minutes into the run. If she had returned home, the dogs would have been loose in the house.

I agree with all of this. My one sticking point is the glasses and contacts being found in the home. How can she run without her contacts?!

Mollie Tibbetts's disappearance has small Iowa town on edge

“Eventually someone is going to come forward with something that will break this thing open,” the father said.

“I don’t think this is random,” he continued. "Someone we know or someone Mollie was familiar with knows what happened and has information that can help us. And now I think they’re in over their head and don’t know how to end this. All they have to do is make that call to CrimeStoppers and let Mollie go.”

I have pretty much thought this would come down to someone she knew fairly well.

I know I live in Colorado any not in a small town however do people have ring doorbells there? Just a thought! I would assume they’re not very common there however it only takes one that caught Mollie to maybe help...

Do we have any proof that she was wearing a pink sports bra and black shorts? Is this just based on the neighbor who saw her?

I fear that the lack of definitive answers at the press conference could really mean that LE just doesn't have the them. When asked "What specifically would be jeopardized if details about the investigation were released?" LE danced around the question.

Either LE has so much and they don't want to blow it, or they don't have anything at all. I'm leaning towards the later. This is not saying that they aren't working hard. it's likely that the abduction was executed without leaving blatant evidence.

As more days go by, the odds that a Brooklyn resident is holding MT captive decreases exponentially. In such a small town somebody would see something at this point. I know MT doesn't fit the profile of a drug addicted and vulnerable sex trafficking victim. What about a wealthy criminal syndicate putting in an order for an attractive younger white college age girl? Something like a high end white collar sex ring seems to fit the crime. Or is something like that just nightmare fuel.

Justice for MT.
-ORB

LOT94, I've also wondered if she did her homework pre-run...if her brother dropped her off at 5:30 and she left for her run around 7:30, that would have given her a nice 2-hour interval to do homework. I consider anything after 5:00 "evening" hours, so when LE says there's evidence she was doing homework on her laptop that evening, could they mean she was on her laptop b/t 5:30-7:30, or have they explicitly stated she was on it late evening vs early evening? Could she have also sent her Snap to DJ around that time and he opened it at 10?
They already confirmed she was on the laptop after the run, late into the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties