Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think they have significant interest in him or his property...if they are even asking him to take a polygraph. Unless they have asked all neighbors in the area to take one and he's just the only one talking to reporters about it. :)

And I wonder whether they told him they'd be back on Sunday to talk to him, primarily, or to further search. Could they just be hoping that if they leave his property and promise not to come back for 24 hours that they'll be able to watch him and catch him doing something that will lend more light to this case?

BBM, I think there is a little of this in all this, too. I'm sure they've asked others (not based on anything I've read/ heard, just because it makes sense).

You should always refuse a polygraph because they're junk science, but the fact that they've spent this much time focused on him and his property is significant. And coming back to question him again on Sunday..

I wonder if they might have him under surveillance too.
I think the same family owns a couple of those farms. I would think LE has a wide net.

Was the BGM High School football team undergoing two-a-day practice or weight lifting on the evening of July 18th? Their first scrimmage is next week, so they must be practicing. Does anyone know what time their practices begin and end in the evenings?

The BGM High School is south on Rt. 398 to get to Mollie's mom's house. It's the only road to get to Mollie's mom's house from the inner area of Brooklyn where Mollie ran. There aren't a lot of businesses on Rt. 398 towards the high school and Mollie's mom's house, but it's not a desolate road.

BGM High School has many security cameras. If Mollie ran past the high school on the way to her mom's house to eat brats (and then disappeared), one of their cameras should have recorded her.

Mollie's mom lives on Bear Dr. which is north of the high school on Rt. 398.
BGM board moves forward with auditorium

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 2.22.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 2.22.26 PM.png
    265 KB · Views: 15
The authorities have stated more than once that they are "confident in their timeline". They have deemed this information vital to their investigation and are not divulging any of this.

They would have received cell dumps from that area over many hours - throughout the evening and into the next morning.

Makes me wonder if they've set their sights on a p.o.i. (or two) depending on when their cell phone was detected in that area.

The data and the evidence possibly have informed the authorities when it was more likely that the abduction took place. They want to keep that information to themselves.

With the number of agents working on this, combined with their specific knowledge and information they have learned, I am confident that they will solve this, soon I hope.

If the authorities believed that she was being held alive by somebody I don't think they'd be questioning/putting heat on that POI at all for fear of him/her doing something drastic to rid themselves of evidence.

My belief is that they think WC might know somebody who'd be comfortable using his property to dispose of evidence and are hoping he might point them in the right direction.
Yeah that is what I meant about LE probably having a wide net around him and his extended family.

I'm thinking that the probability of the theoretical abductor being local is higher than the probability that it was someone just passing through town. Like you, I think this person has seen her jogging through town before; she had regular routes. Mollie was a college student. My theory is that it could be someone she knew from school - a fellow student, professor, administrator, facilities... someone who also lived in town and commuted to her school.

And according to the DOJ, stranger on stranger murders are more common in urban areas. In rural areas, a person is more likely to be murdered by someone they know.

They could also be grasping at straws; they may have zip, except for one guy with a few stalking convictions and that is the only thing they have.

Yes, that is the frustrating part of this. Unless the Fitbit pinged in the general vicinity of his farm?

I'm sure it's been discussed but did the hardware store have cameras and any idea of what was taken, if anything, from the store? Do we know a time it was vandalized? Curious that it happened during this very time!

I believe I read in an article that the bartender/owner who closed up the bar on the night of the 18th noted that the store had been vandalized when she left the bar that evening. Is there a way to find out what time the bar closes? Most close at 2 am but I hate to make assumptions.

I wish we knew more about this. Was the store broken into...or was the vandalism merely exterior. Was anything taken, was there surveillance video? have they charged anyone with this crime? The lack of information about this makes me suspicious. I really wonder if our local insider can get us any information on this. Also this would be a great question to ask LE about in the next presser.
Based on a MSM interview with the bartender in the area it was a True Value hardware store and she saw it after midnight but I have not been able to find a crime report.

And according to the DOJ, stranger on stranger murders are more common in urban areas. In rural areas, a person is more likely to be murdered by someone they know.
Because in rural areas, there are more locals than out-of-towners.

Ok, I know it’s gross, but I just had my septic tank cleaned. Has the house (the Jakes’) been thoroughly searched? I remember someone bringing up a missing body (suicide) being found in an attic or under a porch while discussing the Tim Cunningham case.

I believe I read in an article that the bartender/owner who closed up the bar on the night of the 18th noted that the store had been vandalized when she left the bar that evening. Is there a way to find out what time the bar closes? Most close at 2 am but I hate to make assumptions.
Their fb page says they close at 2.

Athletic associations have rules about coaches practicing too early before a season starts. http://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Coach-Athlete-Contact-FAQ’s.pdf

It looks like, to me, the first legal start date for high school football might be August 6th.
Calendar - IAHSAA | Iowa High School Athletic Association

So...if this is correct, they were probably not practicing.

Was the BGM High School football team undergoing two-a-day practice or weight lifting on the evening of July 18th? Their first scrimmage is next week, so they must be practicing. Does anyone know what time their practices begin and end in the evenings?

The BGM High School is south on Rt. 398 to get to Mollie's mom's house. It's the only road to get to Mollie's mom's house from the inner area of Brooklyn where Mollie ran. There aren't a lot of businesses on Rt. 398 towards the high school and Mollie's mom's house, but it's not a desolate road.

BGM High School has many security cameras. If Mollie ran past the high school on the way to her mom's house to eat brats (and then disappeared), one of their cameras should have recorded her.

Mollie's mom lives on Bear Dr. which is north of the high school on Rt. 398.
BGM board moves forward with auditorium

It closed at midnight, the call to police was at 12:35am.

I think that is a really interesting tidbit of information. First, it's interesting that he is *seeming* to be so candid with reporters. Second, that they would give him a heads up two days in advance of when they'll be talking to him again. Curious...

If they are watching him, this heads up could lead them to new information with his reaction and movements.

I agree that it is curious that LE has had so much contact with this guy. To tell him that we're going to be talking to him again, and tell him when, definitely seems like they are turning the screws. This type of thing would rattle most people, especially people who have potentially been involved in a (serious) crime. Perhaps they are hoping that if he is in fact involved, he will respond with an overt act that will aid in the investigation (dump evidence, return to crime scene, etc.). If this is the case, then he is almost certainly being surveilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_a_supervillain